Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your Suikoden Dream Team
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
butters

The Keeping It Real Krew

1000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Your Suikoden Dream Team Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup Tell me your Suikoden dream team you can use ANYONE out of all 4 games in a 6 Man or woman party of course they will have to be stars of destiny in one of the fours games.

I'll Start.

Tir McDolh - I choose him becouse of the soul eater that and he was my favourite Suikoden puppet

Flik - He's a great Magic swords men being able to level and other party with his lightening rune..plus..c'mon its flik! XD

Viktor - High attack and plus whever ever flik is viktor shouldnt be far!

Fred - I loved him in Suikoden 3 he made me laugh and he was a pretty good tank.

Helmut - Great attacker and not to bad with magic either

Valeria - Do i really need to explain why?

*EDIT* Might as well clarify for any one else thats going to post in this thread, JOWY is NOT a Star of Destiny so please no more choosing him just becouse he was in your party for a bit in Suikoden 2

Last edited by butters on Tue May 03, 2005 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see my dream team for the suikodens would have to go like this....

Tir - With his souleater and his great stats he is easily my first pick to start my unbeatable team

Jowy - His good stats combined with his black sword rune create some serious attacking power. He joins tir on my back line.

Georg Prime - I can't really say he has the best stats out of the front line heavy hitters, but throw a double beat rune on him and let him hack away. This pick is more because he is my favorite character in all of the games rather than his stats.

Viktor - A good front line hitter who can end up with decent speed. I throw a double beat rune with a rage rune on him and say goodbye to a lot of enemies.

Hero from Suikoden 4 - He finishes off my back line adding a third true rune to group. His solid stats along with his rune of punishment make him a good choice.

Geddoe - he finishes off my front line and my group. I was never in love with geddoe but his true lightning rune (assuming he was not the flame champion) makes him a tempting choice. He has good stats and good speed. He will cause damage even after his magic runs out.

As some of you can tell i went with characters that could both attack and cast magic for the most part. I am a big auto user so i need guys who can do some non magic damage on a regular basis. In all i have 4 true runes (counting the Black Sword rune as a true rune) in my group enabling me to take out most bosses in two turns. My only weakness could be the lack of a big healer. I would fix this by attaching water runes to tir and hero 4.

Now if only i could really use this dream team.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ummm, let's see:

I think I would pick Geddoe, Sasarai, Luc (with the true wind from III), Ted (with the soul eater form IV), Hugo, and Jimba/Wyatt (with true water). That would be an awesome team for raw power.

If I really wanted to have fun I'd pick Watari, Ayame, Kasumi, Mizuki, Fuma, and Kage. I like ninjas.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chiepoo - Mother Earth, Double Strike, Killer
Geddoe - True Lightning, Wizard, Counter
Luc - True Wind, Pale Gate, Mother Earth
Cleo (assuming she would have three rune slots) - Rage, Flowing, Turtle
Killey - Double Beat, Fury, Double Strike
Tir - Soul Eater, Flowing, Wizard

Chiepoo and Killey can rip it up in melee and four A-list mages to dish out the pain. Cleo is my primary healer, which is why she has the Turtle Rune (no fair unbalancing my healer or putting her to sleep or whatever ... Silver Wolf Left Leg, I'm looking in your direction), but Tir can add some support healing if I'm really in a bind. Luc and Geddoe may get switched out for Riou and Jowy, though. It depends on my mood.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir, simply because he's the greatest Suikoden character ever (the amazing stats and soul eater don't hurt either)

Hero4, major damage and the punishment rune, he's AWESOME.

Riou and Jowy, heal and damage

Geddoe with the true lightning rune

and then probably FuSuLu because he does a TON of damage, if not him, then Yuber.

riou and Jowy can be swapped for Luc and Sarah.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Awesome topic, butters. :mrgreen: I like this idea. The Suikoden games were full of powerhouse people, as well as fun to use characters that added all kinds of flare and excitement to the Suikoden series. With that said, there are several elements which are necessary for having the ultimate six-person party.

First off, you need a solid leader. With that said, there is no one better suited (at least in my mind) for this job than Lady Chris Lightfellow. Experienced in battle, with an incredible finesse and charisma, and respected by all those who follow her. She seems to be the ideal leader, as both Tir and Riou aren't as assertive, and Hero 4 seems a little bit aloof. Gameplay-wise, she is the bearer of the True Water Rune, which means she is capable of dishing out mad damage, and mad healing. Not only that, she's well armored, AND well-armed. She hits twice a turn, and she hits pretty darn hard, as well. The pheonix rune is useless, but past that, she can drop enemies like crazy. She's just solid, all around. And she's also the best-looking, regardless of how many people try to say otherwise... :P

Next up, we'll go with the best duo. People will first think Viktor and Flik, but here's a duo even MORE effective, and just as fun to hang around with... Riou and Jowy. (Didn't see that one coming, eh? :P ) Both characters hit solid (though not as well as Chris) and they're great at using magic. The Black Sword Rune is tremendously powerful, AND useful in battle. Same goes with Bright Shield, which can berserk your entire party into doing massive damage to the enemy. Oh, and don't evef forget the buddy attack. This thing just pwns like crazy. Say goodbye to anything weak attacking your party. :wink:

Well, let's go with another well-rounded character. For this, I'll go with most of everyone else here, and say Tir McDohl. Yeah, I'm giving in, but mostly because he's so God dang useful! The Soul Eater from Suikoden II is seriously one of the most powerful runes ever concieved. Couple that, with the fact that Tir can unite with Riou to do a lesser buddy attack, if something happens to Jowy. He's a solid hitter, who can dish out magic, a whole lot like Riou. He's got speed too, just like the little guy from Suikoden II.

Now, I'm going with someone not just because they're good, but because I like them as well. This is for the magic user of the party, Bishop Sasarai. He's definitely the best when it comes to support magic. This guy comes packing yet another true rune, that is True Earth. He can hit hard with it, and shield you from damage. Not only that, the nifty ring on his finger gives him the nice addition of being a long-range fighter, AND a magician. A solid magician who is ALSO useful. Not bad, if I do say so, myself.

And finally, the last nominee comes with a little bit of difficulty. Part of me says Viktor... Part of me says Flik... And yet, part of me also cries out for Luc, as well. Well, the last nominee for my dream team will be Valeria. Nice looking, solid attack, PLUS the ability to constantly use that Falcon Rune, if things get too nasty. She hits hard in the physical department, making her a nice addition to the party.

That's it from my neck of the woods. I wouldn't mind seeing everyone else's take on this topic, as well. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My dream team? Hmm...

- Chris Lightfellow
- Valeria
- Tengaar
- Lilly Pendragon
- Oulan
- Me (not really a Suikoden character, but hey, this is my dream team!)

Last edited by DocFrance on Tue May 03, 2005 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowy- Black Sword, Magician, Alertness: Since his rune's entirely offensive, I'd use him as such, boosting his magic, but still trying to provide him with attack power via power rings if necessary.

Viktor- Fury, Double Strike: He's my favorite Suikoden character, so I have to include him. With necessary fighter runes included, though if the ogre set worked on him, I'd replace fury with Clone, and try to deal big damage that way.

Bob- Fury, Rabid Fang: BERSERK WOLFMAN! Bob's the best, and he can deal some monster damage in his true form. Another alternative would be the Double Beat/ Double Strike runes on him.

Sasarai- True Earth, Flowing, Medicine: He's best suited to be a healing/support mage. I'd give him the medicine rune in order to minimize time spent healing unnecessarily, and maximize time spent using his Earthquake spell.

Ted- Soul Eater, Mother Earth, Flowing/Alertness: Ted> Tir, I don't care what you say. He's a long-ranged fighter, and he has one of the highest attack stats for a true mage. He could have a flowing rune or an Alertness rune to maximize his Soul Eater's attack.

Riou- Double Beat, Fury, Bright Shield: He's better as a physical fighter IMO, but he can heal as well, so I'd keep him ready in case Sasarai fell. Riou can also berserk people, but with my setup it's not incredibly necessary. :P
His high Tech skill coupled with Double Beat could let him hit multiple enemies, multiple times.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Ted> Tir, I don't care what you say. He's a long-ranged fighter, and he has one of the highest attack stats for a true mage.

Your logic is flawed. First off, Ted being a long range fighter is NOT an advantage over a middle range fighter. Tir can attack with very nice damage from either row, whereas Ted's front row attack would be weaker.

Tir is a well rounded character with high stats in everything, Ted just happens to be a mage with comparibly high attack to other mages.

And if you're going storywise, I'm sure that when Tir is over 300, he'll be a LOT cooler than Ted. (Wouldn't it be really weird if the soul eater corrupted Tir and he was the final boss in the last Suikoden game they make?)

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my Dream Team...

Viki - You gotta expect this from me. Though she's rather klutzy, she can be deadly when she uses her rune correctly. Possibly sending anyone into a time-space flux of no-return!

Jeane - I'd really like to use all the ubiquitous characters because i see some of them develop. Jeane is so mysterious, yet so powerful. I'm using her in battle a lot.

Luc - He may be dead and posterchild of angsty bishounen, but he's a well-trained mage. His Wind power is really something that could help in many situations. I know he can be such an introvert, but i'm sure i can get thru him.

Hugo - He's actually very good in battle. Only if you develop his stats well. It's good to have a leader-type person such as him in a team. He's also ver y speedy...

Futch - Just o i can maintain a balance. He' good in using spears and swords. He's also photogenic. Great bait and defender when the mages are casting their spells.

Myself - I do have to agree with DocFrance on this. It is a dream team. So why can't we be in it? Besides, I can use a rapier very well. Years of training will do that. :D I could use the Falcon rune if i want.

But if you won't accept that, I'll have...

Millie- She' a good boomerang thrower. which makes we wonder if she has a sort of australian accent. But it's good to have long-range fighters once in a while. :D

That's what i got so far.

Alicia Longfellow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This topic looks like fun! :D

My Ultimate Dream Team:
1. Riou: Bright Shield, Fury, Double-beat. Mostly for physical attacks and back-up healing.
2. Tir: Soul Eater, Fury, Rage. For his Unite with Riou, and his high physical and magical abilities.
3. Valeria: Falcon, Fury/Double-Strike. Because Valeria's the Goddess of the Falcon Rune! And I adore her! :D
4. Geddoe: True Lightning, Thunder, Fury. The TLR is the best of the True Elemental Runes, IMO. Geddoe and Tir would be my main offensive mages, both with good attack stats for when their magic runs out.
5. Sasarai: True Earth, Pale Gate, Flowing. Sassy is my main healing/support character, with Gate magic for attacking.
6. Juan: Fury, Waking. Nobody in all four games (except Emily) can match his flurry of attacks. I chose him over Emily because of his 'Bujutsu Teacher' ability that enhances the party's physical attacks. I'd also equip him with something to negate the Waking rune.
Support: Jeane, to speed up everyone's spells since I have mostly rune casters in my party.

NOTE: I would have put Jowy somewhere in there, if not for the original post saying characters had to be SoD's. Ah, well.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the reason i put Jowy in my party is becacuse he actually fought in my group. For that reason i guess i kind of consider him as part fo the stars of destiny. If i didn't care about stars of destiny at all i would have put Luca blight or someone of that nature in my party also.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... Let's see...

Tir for soul eater duh

Riou for Bright shield functioning as the healer

Viktor because i like him, and his physical attack is good

Geddoe for True lightning

Juan because he kicks ass with all his attacks, and many many criticals

Ted for another soul eater!!! MUAHAHAHA... Yeah, that doesn't make sense, so let's just put in Kika, because falcon rocks, and two swords are better than one.

But if Jowy is considered, i'll scrap Kika and have him since not only does black sword kick ass, buddy attack is definitely the best unite thus far... Yeah, Kika and Hero4 matches, but well, punishment sucks so...
Wolf Stew

Riders on the Storm

29081 Potch
43 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris Lightfellow (Suikoden 3): When you level her up and train her to the max, she's a killing machine. She's weak with magic obviously, but you don't need her for that.

Tir McDohl (Suikoden 1 version): He's a bit creepy in Suikoden 2, that's why I'd rather have the S1 version in my dream team. He's great with the Soul Eater, and great with physical attacks.

Luc (Suikoden 2 version): When you level him up he's got all those "Shredding" spells, which are lethal when you're going through those final dungeons (and a great time saver). And he can be one of your healers if you give him a Flowing Rune. Always quick with his spell-casting too, which is vital for a healer in those boss battles. And give him the Cyclone rune, obviously (since he doesn't show his True Wind Rune in Suikoden 2).

Riou (Suikoden 2): For the Shield Rune healing spells, not to mention his strong physical attack ability. He can play numerous roles in your party, whatever he's needed for.

Ted (Suikoden 4 version): It's almost unfair having him in your party in S4, he's so strong. He can be a healer, and he's great with the Soul Eater, obviously. But if you have Riou from Suikoden 2 in your party, is it possible to have Ted too (since they both have the Soul Eater)?

Humphrey (Suikoden 2 version): Just for the fact that he can take down Luca Blight by himself (if he has that Fire Sealer rune, or whatever it is). That alone qualifies him for my dream team. But beyond that, he's like having a battleship in your front line....he can absorb so much punishment (physical, that is).
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to make it look pretty I bolded the names and grouped them into front and back rows already. Runes they have are in bold too for all you who just skim over.
So my dream team would have to be as follows:

Front
-Hugo(S3): While some didn't like Hugo I did, and with a True Fire Rune he's quite the force to be reckon with. Open with a nice spanning fire attack and then go in with an awesome swing stat and land hit after hit, and a decent heavy damage stat just ices the cake.
-Fred(S3): Tank. Great physical offense and defense skills, he's almost got to be in here. Slap him with the Sword of Thunder and a Counter Rune and you've got more than enough to convince me that he needs to be on the team.
-Brandeau(S4): How cool was he in 4? Way cool. He also had the Rune of Punishment and had he the time to level up to the greats, I think he would have mastered the Rune and been one of the Tank-est fighters to grace the Suikoden World. He had good evasion, good strength, good magic, decen magic defense and great speed from what I gather from playing the game. And he had room to grow as a fighter. If he were to be on level par with Troy I wouldn't doubt for a second that he could take him. The only reason he died was because he just used the True Rune and was drained and he had just fought at least a dozen higly trained soldiers. My distinct impression was that he was a gifted fighter.

Back
-Wyatt Lightfellow(S3): Although I don't know a lot about Wyatt from what I dream him to be. Not the greatest speed(hes in all that Zexen armor afterall) but good attack, good magic, and great defense(if his defense is what it is as Jimba without the armor think about it with it). Not the greatest evasion though, so backrow will do for him. And the True Water Rune would make him my healer but just for kindness drops I'd give him another Water Rune
-Ted(S1): Good long range fighter and doesn't need to have time wasted on him healing since he can Souleat it himself. Souleater
-Sasarai(S3): Always been a fan of Earth rune and Sasarai has Earth Rune power out the yin-yang with his True Earth Rune. All in all though he really isn't that bad of a "fighter" if you equip him properly and he fills fills out the earth magic requirment of mine in more than I normally could have hoped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: