Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what was your party for the final boss?[possible spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Boss (Giant Cray Tree) Party

Hero (Punishment, Rage, and Thunder) V
Combo
Snowe (Flowing, Flash, and Wind) ^
Ted (Soul Eater, Mother Earth, and Wizard)
Warlock (Flowing, Cyclone, and Mother Earth

Fight with Graham Cray

Kika (Falcon, any others)
Sigurd (???) V
Combo
Hervey (???)^
Gau (Double strike, Warrior)

all were at least at lvl 60, so it was a bit of overkill there
:wink:

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
MichaelW

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graham Cray:

Wendell (My Healer) SHe's fairly good at magic.
Travis
Jeremy
Trishtan

(I used them because you get Trishtan ad Travis so late and plus the Reverse Adonis Attack did decent damage on Cray)

Final Party

Hero & Snowe. The True Freindship Attack did awesome damage

Ted - - - Soul Eater. After all, the main character of Suikoden 1 used one :)

Maxine - IMO, she's an awesome mage.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graham Cray:

Snowe(Fury, Water; Hero set)
Jeremy(Counter, Killer; Diamond set)
Maxine(Rage, Cyclone; Bondage set)
Sigurd(Slash, Water; Ivory set)

Final Boss:

Hero(Prosperity, Cyclone; Pirate King set)
Kika(Double-Strike; Ogre set)
Jeane(Thunder, Rage; Guardian set)
Ted(Slash, Water; Goblin set)
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Team Elenor:

Kika (Falcon Rune, Fury Rune) - She is a powerhouse with that Falcon Rune. Occasionally did over 1000 damage.

Izak (Lightning Rune) - He is very strong and has good PDF. He is one of my favorite characters to use.

Axel (none) - He is a second Izak. But he's not as good as him, but he is strong and tough enough.

Selma (Water Rune) - She is strong enough and has excellent Skill. She also uses the Water Rune well enough.

They were at Levels 54-56. The battle against Graham Cray was moderately easy. Simple enough, they all attacked, one by one. Selma would heal whenever she was needed. it was just a matter of chipping his health down.

Team Tenkai (name for my Hero4)

Tenkai (Rune of Punishment, Prosperity Rune, Fortune Rune) - Well, doi! You have to use him here. Good thing that his Rune of Punishment doesn't take any health at Fort El-Eal. The Prosperity Rune and Fortune Rune was in peraparation, since i was running low on money.

Snowe (Water Rune, Earth Rune) - The main reason i put him on my team was for the True Friends Unite. It was a good bonus that he was stronger than Tenkai.

Ted (Water Rune, Soul Eater Rune) - His Soul Eater Rune would be reason enough to put him on my team. He's not bad at giving physical damage. He was the primary healer dude.

Mitsuba (Killer) - She is a powerhouse. Terrific Strength and HP. She also doubled as an item giver if needed.

Tenkai was level 58/59, while Snowe and Ted were 58 and Mitsuba 55. When i accidentaly stumbled upon comments on how easy the fight against this tree was, i got a bit overconfident. This Tree Beast (which looked pretty cool, IMO), has alot of MDF, which i realized the first time. I originally had Tenkai, Snowe, Jeane and Ted. But seeing as it would be too slow to use magic against him, I switched Jeane for someone who was a terrific physical fighter and had realitvely good MDF. So i chose Mitsuba. And i put an Earth Rune on Snowe.

So, i ignored those seed thingies and went straight for the big boss. Snowe would use the Clay Gaurdian to give us a boost. Tenkai would use the Everlasting Mercy, when health was low, and then i would use the Rush to recover Tenkai's health. Ted would use the Judgement, which would still do 1200 damage. Mitsuba would give Mushrooms when needed. I had to use a couple of Jizo Clocks. Snowe and Tenkai would do the True Friends Unite when possible, doing about 1000 damage. Later did i realize that i had to "Defend" against the white power thingy, which saved me from a 400+ damage-to-all catastrophe. I continued doing this until he was gone. I let Ted use those Black Shadows, which eventually wiped out those seedlings from battle.

And so i won. Yay.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the last boss was like too, too easy. Here's what I went in with

Graham Cray:

Lino en Kuldes - Double-Strike Rune. This guy was a beast that could take down just about anyone. I would've kept the fury rune on him, but I wanted to keep that for the new game +. He's a physical attack monster who could drop Kooluk soldiers with a single attack.

Flare - Double-Strike, Wind, Lightning. Ouch. Yeah, she could pretty much do it all. With a Double-Strike Rune, she could actually do really good physical damage. (Granted weapon was at 16) but, even so, I didn't have problems dropping soldiers. And when we met up with Cray, she was able to dish out some mad damage to him with the magic unites.

Sigurd - Double-Strike, Water, Drain. This guy liked to crit like it was going out of style. And, with a Double-Strike, he hit hard. He was my healer for the team.

Helmut - Double-Strike, Earth, Wind. Helmut was just there for looks. Everyone else had a double-strike, so they all hit hard. Helmut was good for support against Cray, with his Earth Rune.

Final Boss

Hero - (Duh?) He had a Double-Strike Rune, ROP, and a Water Rune. He was probably the worst part of the party, but you had to take him. He did moderate physical damage, but what made him useful was...

Paula - Double Strike, Lightning, Wind. She was the all-rounder character in this party. She could hit hard, and throw spells at the tree.

Snowe. Double Strike, Slash. Yeah, he's what made the Hero useful. That unite of theirs did over 2500 points of damage, making this a SUPER easy battle for me. Even by himself, he was able to hit for nearly 700 damage a normal hit.

Mizuki - Shrike, Fire, Double-Strike. (Notice how we all had double-strike runes?) Anyway, she was able to nail that tree for over 1000 damage a turn, and even more when she did a magic unite with Paula.

As I said before, the last boss was easy, but I guess the whole game is a lot easier when you have double-strike runes on everyone. :P

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey... i had tons of problem with the cray tree... so DON'T say it is easy. :x

Just joking!! No need to take it to hard... Chill...

Anyways:

Team Elenor had Lino, Sigurd, Gretchen and Warlock
To be honest, i just created this team at the end of the game. Lino was the only character i used thoughout the game, meaning it was the first time i was using the above 3

Team Hero4 had the hero4 (duh!!!), Kika, Jeane and Ted
I set up the party to rely mainly on magic. Jeane and Ted did their stuff with the thunder and soul eater runes, while Hero4 was my healer with the folowing rune, and Kika alternates between falcon and using mushrooms.

I had really no clue how you guys could say it was easy. Cray in human form was undoubtly easy, but not so for the tree.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was upset at your remarks? Um, well anyway I did think it was really easy. Don't worry, you're not the first person to try and chastize me for saying so. (Looks over at Chairman Gaara.) :P

It's all about party composition, how sharp your weapons were, what levels you were at, and whether or not you had double-strike runes on everyone...

lol I did.

Anyway, for that stupid tree, it's important that you don't go in thinking, "OH YEAH! I'M USING TED, 'CAUSE HE HAS THE SOUL EATER AND OMG THAT THING FREAKIN' PWNZ!!!"

I'm not accusing you or anyone else of this sort of thinking, but just using an example. People tend to romanticize over the Soul Eater and its supposed "godly" powers. I, on the other hand, kinda' balk at these claims... Well, at least in Suikoden IV. I can't deny that it was a nice addition in I & II... Of course THERE, you also had parties of six, instead of four...

So, like I was saying, if you want the tree to be easy, just put a double-strike rune on everyone, sharpen everyone's weapons to LV. 16, and have Snowe AND Mizkui in your party vs. the tree. Snowe's unite with hero will do over 2500 points of damage, ALWAYS, and count on Mizuiki's shrike rune to do a good 1000 points a shot.

Dunno about Kika's Falcon Rune. Honestly, I hated how they didn't give you ONE damage figure, and instead several smaller ones. This made it hard to tell how much damage you actually did, and kinda' ticked me off.

Anyway, go in with what I suggest, and make sure that someone has a water rune equipped. You should be fine, I assure you, and you might even agree with me... Maybe... :roll:

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Party against Graham Cray:
Lino En kuldes- very powerful character... easily one of the best in physical offense
Snowe- quite powerful but not as good as lino en kuldes
Chiepoo- because he's fast and can cast magic quite well
Kika- because she has two swords that packs a lot of damage especially when using her falcon rune
Support: Rikie- because i need someone who can heal...

Party against the giant tree and the seeds of light (name?)
Hero4- of course he has to come, can't take him away from the party...
Ted- very powerful magic user, i have three level four spells in him and he's about average in physical attack. The soul eater is a very big difference maker...
Jeane- sexy, beautiful and a good thunder caster/user. She also has three level four spells at her disposal...
Warlock- great magician and has high evade... his magic packs a lot of damage. he also have three level four spells at his disposal...
Support: Yu because he can heal my party every battle.

So to put it short, i made a physically aggresive group to fight against Graham cray and a magically aggresive group to take care of the gant tree. Very easy, just bombarded the whole thing with my magic combos dependig on its color...

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sai Fujiwara wrote:
Anyway, for that stupid tree, it's important that you don't go in thinking, "OH YEAH! I'M USING TED, 'CAUSE HE HAS THE SOUL EATER AND OMG THAT THING FREAKIN' PWNZ!!!"......
So, like I was saying, if you want the tree to be easy, just put a double-strike rune on everyone, sharpen everyone's weapons to LV. 16.....
Dunno about Kika's Falcon Rune. Honestly, I hated how they didn't give you ONE damage figure, and instead several smaller ones. This made it hard to tell how much damage you actually did, and kinda' ticked me off.

Eheh, well, i did have some of that thinking above, that Ted was sort of my trump card, since he had that Soul Eater Rune. Let's be honest, The Soul Eater Rune is better than the Rune of Punishment, even in Fort El-Eal. The only advantage the ROP has over the Soul Eater is the Everlasting Mercy. Plus, Ted was a great healer, and te combination of the SE and Water worked out nearly perfect.

I actaully forgot to look for the final Hammer, so i had to beat it using level 12 weapons. :lol: Maybe there was some significance to that. It was totally stupid that i couldn't go back and get it. There were so many thing i wanted to get besides that hammer.

Kika does about 10 hits altogether. I counted it. So if you're able to see a 100 figure amongst the others, she has done about 1000 damage or so. But some of those hits may miss, but Kika has a decent enough Skill stat.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

COmpared to the rest of you, I went in there so underprepared.

Cray:

Levels were 50-60

Ted with his runes and some decent armor
Lino with no runes but some decent armor
Sig and Herv because of the pirate attack, they also had mediocre armor, but Sig was carrying a water rune.

Tree thingie:

levels were 49-65

Hero with ROP some pirate stuff and good armor
Ameria with a Rage rune and some good armor
Kika with decent equipment and the Falcon rune
And an undertrained Aldo because I thought I was going to get to put Ted back in my team before the final fight.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played through again; all characters are on level 99 and weapon levels are maxed out at 16.

Graham Cray
Lino En kuldes - Fury Rune
Kika - Falcon / Fury
Chiepoo - Fury / Double Strike
Warlock - Mother Earth / Flowing
Support - Yu - Healing

Annoying as his voice acting is, Chiepoo is a powerhouse with that Rune combination inflicting between 600+ and 1200+ damage.

Final Boss
Hero4 - Rune of Punishment / Cyclone / Slash All
Ted - Soul Eater / Thunder / Flowing
Sigurd - Cyclone / Fury / Double Strike
Hervey - Fury / Double Strike
Support - Rikie - Healing

Ok, Sigurd and Hervey equipped with both the Fury and Double Strike Runes are just powerhouses, inflicting over 1200+ damage with normal attacks and 2000+ with a critical hit. Their Pirate Attack sometimes does over 3000+ damage. I would highly recommend them in any team.

I hope to do a number of Rune combinations on all the available fighting characters to discover other powerhouses.
ed_20

The Stampede

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well here's my Final party: the Final bosses for suikoden 4 are too easy I was expecting a hard boss like the wind rincar for suikoden 3 who I took a few battles to beat it.

My Party For Graham Cray:
All of them are in level 60-65 with sharpened weapons up to level 10
Akaghi with Fire rune and a ninja set
Mizuki with shrike rune and water rune
Frederica with Thunder Rune
Kate with Earth Rune
Support Rikie healing

My Party For the Final Boss
All of them are in level 70-74 Only Hero4 and ted has level 16 weapon while lino and snowe has level 12 weapons
Hero 4 with Rune of punishment and water rune and pirate king set
Lino en kuldez with mother earth rune
Ted with Soul eater and water rune with magic set
Snowe with fury rune and Cyclone rune with hero set
support Yu healing
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Giant tree thing with no motivation and no explanation was a lot harder than the stupid Wind Rincar, that thing was a JOKE.

I beat both the golden dragon (Suiko1) and the Wind RIncar (suiko3) on boring Saturday mornings when I had nothing to do...guess that's when I'm dangerous. Then again I beat both the beast rune and the giant tree thing when I was sick, so that says something,

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Azn Shado99

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First playthrough:
Hero:...
Kika:Really liked using her combo with Hero and for her Falcon Rune
Katarina:Found her rune magic skills to be adequate
Mitsuba:She had the highest attack out of all the 108 stars of destiny that I recruited

Second Playthrough:
Hero:...
Snowe:His True Friends Attack combo with Hero was incredibly powerful
against the Giant Tree
Ted:His rune magic and the Soul Eater make a deadly combination and all-round invaluable character.
Warlock:From his stats I found him to have the highest offensive rune magic other than Ted and because I like switching him in the formation and having run around like he had to go to the bathroom :)
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I tend to use people in the final aprties for story purposes. I don't like using certain people since they appear in the final movies/scenes and it looks weird to have them greeting the hero escaping the final dungeon if they were just in there with him.

That being said.

S4 Tree Party:
Konami (Punishment, Water, Slash)
Ted (Soul Eater, Water, Wizard)
Chiepoo (Earth, Double-Strike, Killer)
Kika (Falcon, Fury)
(Kika will probably be switched out for Snowe next time)

S4 Cray Party
Tal
Jewel
Paula
Keneth (no runes other than their default ones)
(I may go with Kika, Hervey, Sigurd, Dario next time)

S3
Default parties for each Rune reclamation
Hugo being Fubar, Sgt. Joe and whatever other three I feel like

Final party:
Hugo (Fury, True Fire)
Fubar
Geddoe (Killer, Counter, True Lightning)
Chris (Phoenix, True Water)
Sgt. Joe (Flowing
Viki (Blinking, Pale Gate, Shield)
(I might switch Viki for Nei next time)

S2
Riou (Double Beat, Bright Shield, Fury)
Tir (Soul Eater, FLowing, Wizard)
Luc (Cyclone, Mother Earth, Blue Gate)
Killey (Fury, Double Beat, Double Strike)
Mazus (Rage, Thunder, Blue Gate)
Sierra (Thunder, Darkness)

S1
Tir (Soul Eater)
Viktor (Clone)
Flik (Thunder)
Kai (Hazy)
Camille (Flowing)
Valeria (Falcon)

Last edited by Wataru on Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: