Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 5 Additions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, even more impractical would be a video system. You get a video of each person speaking their post. SARS would have to take a second job just to pay for the bandwidth.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARSadmin wrote:
Naval units are units specially trained to be better fighters in naval battles. These units will do double damage to enemies during naval battles, but will do 3/4ths damage when fighting on land.

War FAQ wrote:
Units specially trained for naval combat. They wear lighter armor and do double damage when fighting on ships, but suffer 25% more casualties when fighting on land.

Okay question as I have just noticed the differences between the explanation on the first post of this thread and the one on War FAQ. The one here mentioned the Naval Unit dealing 0.75x normal damage when fighting on land. But the one on War FAQ mentioned that the Naval Unit received 0.25x extra damage (as if implying that they have 0.75x normal defense) when fighting on land. Which one is the correct one?

So when fighting on the land, does Naval Unit deal 0.75x normal damage or have 0.75x normal defense or both?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, lets see what the program says...

if ($naval_unit == TRUE)
{if ($naval_battle == TRUE)
{$damage_dealt = $damage * 2;
$result_enemy = $nation_troops - $damage;}
else
{$damage_dealt = $damage * 0.75;
$result_enemy = intval($nation_troops - $damage);}

So based on what I coded above (yeah, we now calculate battles automatically), it seems like actual damage dealt out by naval units is multiplied by 0.75 for non-naval battles.

The War FAQ needs some updating, but I'll wait until the current phase ends, when more changes will be made.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, thank you. At least now it's clear which one is right and which one is wrong.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Phase 5 Additions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
3. Region Lists and Governors--
Each region will have a governor. Governors don't have any duties, but they will fight better when defending their region from attacks, which translates to their attack powers increased by 50%, while they also suffer 25% less damage (so they will have half the power of leader units and royal guards combined). This bonus only works when a governor is defending his/her own region.

War FAQ wrote:
Home Guard
Units born and raised in a specific region who are assigned to the governor of that region. When defending their region, they show extra tenacity, making them 150% more effective in terms of defense.

Another difference between the first post in this thread and the War FAQ. But unlike the previous difference, I think the War FAQ was the correct one here because Governors don't seem to deal extra damage at all (though I'm not quite sure that Governor received 50% defense bonus because that'd make them the same as Royal Guard). But again, a confirmation from the admins would be great to clarify things.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Last edited by Aurelien on Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Phase 5 Additions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Black Pesmerga wrote:
Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
3. Region Lists and Governors--
Each region will have a governor. Governors don't have any duties, but they will fight better when defending their region from attacks, which translates to their attack powers increased by 50%, while they also suffer 25% less damage (so they will have half the power of leader units and royal guards combined). This bonus only works when a governor is defending his/her own region.

War FAQ wrote:
Home Guard
Units born and raised in a specific region who are assigned to the governor of that region. When defending their region, they show extra tenacity, making them 150% more effective in terms of defense.

Another difference between the first post in this thread and the War FAQ. But unlike the previous difference, I think the War FAQ was the correct one here because Governors don't seem to deal extra damage at all. But again, a confirmation from the admins would be great to clarify things.

They do in fact deal extra damage since they attract bonus soldiers out of the populace when defending their home territory.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the extra soldiers are from the "fortification" option? And even if that's the offensive bonus, I don't think it's 50% at all. I could be wrong though. X_X

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're right - I mixed up the fortification and prefect boni. My comment was wrong.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate to sound like I'm being impatient, but are the last four fronts going to conclude? It's been almost two weeks since Safir updated, and almost a week since two of the others. Normally the map isn't updated until the phase ends, so it was a bit worrisome seeing the map change this morning without the phase having completed.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the update of the map midphase a bit odd as well since it has waited until the end of the phase previously while I've been here.

At least Tinto's all done already!

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The map has always updated mid-phase on an ongoing basis. This phase was actuall an anomally.

As far as why the battles are not updated, that is because we have not received plans for all of those battles. Get the plans into Synchysi.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
The map has always updated mid-phase on an ongoing basis. This phase was actuall an anomally.

Really? Guess I never paid enough attention.

Sars Ad-Minh wrote:
As far as why the battles are not updated, that is because we have not received plans for all of those battles. Get the plans into Synchysi.

Well, mine were in a good ten days or so ago. *pokes the Noot* Hey, issat you holdin' up the works here? :)
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What? No slobbering over the map? It was hard work, you know. Let's all focus on the map! :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sheeps* Honestly, I kind of liked the subdued dignity of the original map. Heh, I don't even use the terrain type markers that Shadow Wolf came up with; I color over them on my copy. I've already converted the new map back into an approximation of the old, for my own records. It did help though, since the old map had outlines splitting the old terrain types, which made it difficult to cut out a map of just the territories, something I've wanted to acquire for some time now. The outlines were too close to black, that trying to magic wand them, I kept getting parts of the roads sucked in. Wound up being too much effort. The new map, aside from a few pixels that have declared themselves my nemeses [mostly around the desert regions] I've been able to turn into a perfect territory-only map.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the new map is by far better than the old one. Good job, John Layfield!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: