Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 5 Additions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Phase 5 Additions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to being busy, I was unable to finish my work on some new scripts, so those will be delayed. Otherwise, here are new changes to the nation system starting from phase 5.

1. Naval Units--
Naval units are units specially trained to be better fighters in naval battles. These units will do double damage to enemies during naval battles, but will do 3/4ths damage when fighting on land. Naval units can be of any regiment type. The number of naval units a nation can is equal to the numbers of ports a nation possesses. For example, a nation with one port can only have one naval unit, while a nation with four ports can have four naval units. The bonus from naval units will stack with leader unit or royal guard unit bonuses.

2. Politics Points--

Each nation will be given "politics points" which would allow nations to perform various political objectives (including war). The number of points a nation gets depends on how many regions they have, or whether they have a capital region. Here is the breakdown.

Methods for gaining Politics Points:

1) Existence of capital region = 5 points/phase
2) Existence of Region = 1 points/phase

Thus, a nation with a capital region and 10 other regions will have 15 politics points each phase.

Nation Leaders must try to use all of their politics points every phase, and unused points can not be carried over to the next (this is because the points indicate what your nation is capable of doing within a given timeframe). Here are ways you can use your politics points.

Uses of Politics Points

1. Waging war against a region = -5 points
2. Battle of naval superiority = -3 points
3. Moving the Capital = -3 points
4. Reassignment of Royal Guard unit = -1 point
5. Reassignment of Naval unit = -1 point/unit
6. Reassignment of Governors = -1 point/unit
7. Addition of sub-forum = -1 point/forum
8. Construction of fort = -15 points + use of 20000 soldiers + 3 supervisors (can be spread over number of phases)
9. Construction of port = -20 points + use of 20000 soldiers + 3 supervisors (can be spread over number of phases, and can only be built on regions bordering the sea, or a wide river).
10. Consturction of new roads = points + soldiers + supervisors depends on length.
11. Removal of roads = points + soldiers + supervisors depends on length.
12. Destruction of fort = -2 points.
13. Destruction of port = -4 points.
14. Exploration = -3 points.
Hopefully, this is descrpitive enough. Let me know if anything is unclear.

3. Region Lists and Governors--
Each region will have a governor. Governors don't have any duties, but they will fight better when defending their region from attacks, which translates to their attack powers increased by 50%, while they also suffer 25% less damage (so they will have half the power of leader units and royal guards combined). This bonus only works when a governor is defending his/her own region.

That is all. It will take a hile before I can start phase 5. For now, I would like to plan it for May 21st.

Last edited by Vextor on Mon May 02, 2005 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to clear one thing. It costs 5 PP for attacking each region right? So attacking two will cost 10 PP and three 15 PP and so on? Just to clarify.

Also, how do you ensure that the amount of naval units is kept 'kosher'? Scouts honour?
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
1. Waging war against a region = -5 points

Does this override the "3 attacks per phase" rule?

Layfield wrote:
Just to clear one thing. It costs 5 PP for attacking each region right? So attacking two will cost 10 PP and three 15 PP and so on?

Of course.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Naval units will have to be "registered" through me, and it costs politics points to change, so it's not something you can screw with.

And yes, the old (three attacks/phase) rule is scrapped with this new system.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it necessary to own both end point regions of a road in order to destroy it? Or does one end suffice?
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Phase 5 Additions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, several questions. First off, does Great Hollow count as having a river there?

Actually, before I forget, an important one unrelated to politics points: if a nation's port is currently dominated by an enemy fleet - such as Vinay del Zexay, Haagru or Dusumnek, this phase - can that port be used to launch an attack of naval superiority? Or are they tied up by the enemy fleet and unable to strike?

If your capital is captured, does it cost those 3 points the next phase to move your capital? Or is that only when you -choose- to move your capital? If the former is the case, that's pretty rough; you lose a total of nine points, in essence. One for losing a territory, five for not having a capital and three for reassignment of your capital.

Reassignment of governors... not all regions have governors yet. Will assignments be accepted at this time without cost? Also, when a new territory is taken, is a free assignment of a governor permitted upon capture? If not, are old governors reestablished if a territory is recaptured?

Can roads overlap? Just as a random example pulled from the nether, can a road between Caleria and Sun's Crest be built? And if so, what does that do to the road between Deep Forest and the Mountain Pass? Would that then technically connect all four territories? Likewise, can a road be sent from one territory to an adjacent road, to link three territories together [such as a road leading from Maturai to the road between Kamaro and Korou]? What about bridges? Does building a road from Mount Hei Tou to the Great Hollow cost more because it goes over a river? And final question on roads, can two nations work -together- on building a road? Say, as an example, a road between the Mountain Pass and Sun's Crest... could Tinto and Grasslands split the cost?

If a nation wants to destroy a fortified region [for whatever reason] and that region has multiple forts, does it cost more to destroy fortifications? In other words, does it cost for each fort destroyed, or just for the territory in general?

Oh hell, I lied. One more question on roads. Like forts and ports, can roads be paid for over multiple phases?

*thinks* Oh, and John, I'm guessing that SARS will keep a list of naval units. That does raise a question though: does it cost anything for nations to assign their initial set of naval units? Oh yes, and when a port falls, does one of the existing naval units lose its naval status?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Are the governors of each region going to be listed somewhere? I know a few nations do this for fun already and several members have such info in their sigs (like mine). Is that going to be the only way we know?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Are the governors of each region going to be listed somewhere? I know a few nations do this for fun already and several members have such info in their sigs (like mine). Is that going to be the only way we know?

There will be a list.
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Phase 5 Additions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Is it necessary to own both end point regions of a road in order to destroy it? Or does one end suffice?

Yes. That makes the most sense, considering the fact that nations can simply destroy all roads leading to them to avoid invasions forever.

Harukaze wrote:
Okay, several questions. First off, does Great Hollow count as having a river there?

Nope, most rivers are considered unfit for use by navies unless official books state otherwise (such as the Tolna Canal).

Quote:

Actually, before I forget, an important one unrelated to politics points: if a nation's port is currently dominated by an enemy fleet - such as Vinay del Zexay, Haagru or Dusumnek, this phase - can that port be used to launch an attack of naval superiority? Or are they tied up by the enemy fleet and unable to strike?

This is a good question to which there is an answer--if naval superiority is lost from a port, naval attacks can't be launched from that port. Thus, Harmonia can not launch naval attacks in Phase 5. Zexen is in an awkward situation, where Vinay Del Zexay has lost naval superiority, while they have another port region of Gwydrik that is cut-off by land. This means Gwydrik has no supply lines, but they CAN launch attacks, albet with a penalty.

Quote:

If your capital is captured, does it cost those 3 points the next phase to move your capital? Or is that only when you -choose- to move your capital? If the former is the case, that's pretty rough; you lose a total of nine points, in essence. One for losing a territory, five for not having a capital and three for reassignment of your capital.

As you assumed, if a nation loses it's capital, they simply lose the income they would have had from the capital next phase. Their new capital will also be limited to a neighboring region fromthe conquered ex-capital. This means it is wise to change your capital while you can, instead of having it bumped to a neighboring region after it is taken.

Quote:

Reassignment of governors... not all regions have governors yet. Will assignments be accepted at this time without cost? Also, when a new territory is taken, is a free assignment of a governor permitted upon capture? If not, are old governors reestablished if a territory is recaptured?

All regions have governors already; nation leaders have secretly assigned them to aid in the preparation for phase 5.

Quote:

Can roads overlap? Just as a random example pulled from the nether, can a road between Caleria and Sun's Crest be built? And if so, what does that do to the road between Deep Forest and the Mountain Pass? Would that then technically connect all four territories? Likewise, can a road be sent from one territory to an adjacent road, to link three territories together [such as a road leading from Maturai to the road between Kamaro and Korou]? What about bridges? Does building a road from Mount Hei Tou to the Great Hollow cost more because it goes over a river? And final question on roads, can two nations work -together- on building a road? Say, as an example, a road between the Mountain Pass and Sun's Crest... could Tinto and Grasslands split the cost?

This can't be done (at least yet). I havn't thought about this at all, and it is an interesting idea. I usually need to think of things for a long time, so for phase 5, the answer is no. Also, both beginning and end of a road need to be owned by the same nation to have the road constructed, or the other nation must agree to the road being built (such as allies).

Quote:

If a nation wants to destroy a fortified region [for whatever reason] and that region has multiple forts, does it cost more to destroy fortifications? In other words, does it cost for each fort destroyed, or just for the territory in general?

The concept of multiple forts have been terminated with the start of phase 5.

Quote:

Oh hell, I lied. One more question on roads. Like forts and ports, can roads be paid for over multiple phases?

Yes.

Quote:

*thinks* Oh, and John, I'm guessing that SARS will keep a list of naval units. That does raise a question though: does it cost anything for nations to assign their initial set of naval units? Oh yes, and when a port falls, does one of the existing naval units lose its naval status?

Nations will have to pay for their initial naval units (if they wish to have any). If a port falls, that would be the end of one naval unit, yes.
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let me again say that all of these additions that you keep adding to the site, makes it even better. Everytime I log on there some cool new feature that grabs by interest even more, and these additions will undoubtedlt make the battle aspect even greater.

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do Toza and Silver Lake qualify as possible port regions?
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Do Toza and Silver Lake qualify as possible port regions?

Yes, Toza and Silver Lake qualify.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, so Jowston has a free reassignment [after, I presume, politics points for this phase are rewarded] to Matilda, Coronet or Ryube? However, since they have eight points, in theory they could pick a different territory than one of those three for three points, and still be able to make the one attack they qualify for this phase?
Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jowston will simply have to choose a new capital somewhere adjacent to Jowston Hill. They will not get any region point income from capitals for phase 5 though. So yes, they will just have 8 points for use.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does the prefect bonus only apply if the prefect is solely defending or does is also apply when a double attack occurs?
Example: Tinto attacks Amur and the Grasslands attack Gor Desert. Would Queen (the prefect of Gor) receive her prefect bonus? I'm not sure since the battle would take place between Amur and Gor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: