Suikoden United and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Murayama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Murayama Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What ever happened to Y. Murayama? - the man in creating a great series. There have been so many rumors flying around about where he had gone to....Someone please fill in the gap...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last I heard, SARSadmin discovered he had become a freelance novelist writing under the pen name of Inumura Koroku. He contacted Murayama and talked a bit, but I haven't heard anything other than that. I'm sure SARSadmin could go into more detail.

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First the rumour was that he left Konami because he wanted to do a Sasarai chapter in Suikoden 3, showing too much of Harmonia. Konami didn't want that, and forced him to change the plot, so he quit.

But last word I read from SARSadmin (on Gamefaqs was it?), was that Murayama wasn't much involved in S3 from the beginning. That he only did Thomas' chapters or something like that.

That's surprising to me. I thought always that the first rumour was true, because it fits the little mess that is Suikoden 3. The first three chapters are flawless IMO, and I see the plot going on brilliantly until chapter 4. When Murayama was supposed to have left, forcing a major change in the story.

So I don't have a clue now. But I'm awaiting any word from SARSadmin, since I'm always interested in any topic about Murayama.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always doubted that rumor, as it seemed too made-up. It's like how primitive people saw thunder and lightning and said "The gods must be angry," trying to explain away what they couldn't comprehend. People didn't like some of Suikoden III and then heard that Murayama left, and somehow combined those two seperate events into the same thing. It was all too perfect for me to buy into...

But yeah, what Blue Moon said in his godly GameFAQs topic was that in Suikoden III Murayama was only involved in events outside the main plot, like Thomas' chapter and whatnot, and that he had most likely planned to leave Konami before Suikoden III was even in production. There is no provable validity to the Sasarai chapter rumor, and that Murayama is now a writer using a false name.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Inuyama Koroku was not Murayama--although he is Murayama's friend. So, the truth about what happened to Murayama is a mystery.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forever a mystery, huh. Just like so many things in a Suikoden game.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My guess is he lost interest in the series and decided to take off to seek his fortunes elsewhere.

I do think, however, that his departure must have upset things over at Konami - It certainly looks like there was a great deal of mix-up, because the first half of Suikoden III is certainly a much different game than the last half. It was like they realized that they were rapidly running out of time and had to rush things to finish the plot. The pace just goes from glacial to rushed in .5 seconds.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another Reason Why Suikoden 3 Suffered was due to the series Compser getting married. And She followed tradition and quit. A real shame too.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Miki Higashino has returned to Konami recently after her 2 year maternity leave. Not sure if she is working with Suikoden though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: