Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Slowly fixing the site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject: Slowly fixing the site Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The past day or so I have been slowly fixing the site.

It seems there are a lot of broken links, and sections of the site that somehow totally vanished, such as the editorials.

I recovered those from a local copy I kept in one of my older PCs.
I guess there is no real link to the editorials section though...

http://www.suikox.com/ed

Regiment list and nation system related graphics have been restored somewhat. I cannot find the problem with the profile though.
No error shows up and I just get a blank screen -- this means there is no error... the browser thinks displaying a blank screen is correct. Hmm...
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, fixed profile... I just had to delete one line which was throwing things off... I hope it wasn't important code.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A labour of love to be sure... no plans to convert to Eiyudenx?

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Okay, fixed profile... I just had to delete one line which was throwing things off... I hope it wasn't important code.

I also get the blank screen when trying to edit my profile, perhaps whatever was interfering with the profiles themselves is affecting the edit function?

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I need to fix that next. I assume it's the same problem. The profile edit file is separate from the profile view script, so likely I need to do the same modification to fix it.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
A labour of love to be sure... no plans to convert to Eiyudenx?

oops, missed your post.

Yeah, I am thinking of adding some sort of Eiyuden section to this site. I am not thinking of anything huge considering Suikox is a one-man operation. We shall see.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is actually really cool news, I'll at the very least offer my support for this, and if there's anything else any of us can do you should let us know.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really strange how the site slowly lost it's data -- it doesn't really make sense. I mean, entire directories became empty. Good thing I had local copies in some of my older PCs that have been collecting dust (and good think they still booted up...).

If you'd like to help, it will be great if you can spread the word that I am starting to repair the site a bit. At least I would like to make sure we can raise funds for the statues for Parallax and Red.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I’ve popped a message to the few that I still have contacts for.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
I’ve popped a message to the few that I still have contacts for.

Thank you sir! I also sent a few invites to people in facebook.

I still can't figure out the problem with profile edit. It is an issue where one of the linked files is not functioning... I can't figure out what the error is yet so it's a game of whack-a-mole at this point...
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought I would point out any errors I've noticed when checking out the forums. When I view a profile, there is a message at the top of the page which reads:

Warning: sqrt() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/www/suikox.com/forum/includes/functions_stats.php on line 207

The next one, I believe, is more of the system being bad at math, because a user which was registered in March 2011 has an "Away For" total of 18,516 days, or... 50 years. They say time flies, but that's insane.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
I just thought I would point out any errors I've noticed when checking out the forums. When I view a profile, there is a message at the top of the page which reads:

Warning: sqrt() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in /home/www/suikox.com/forum/includes/functions_stats.php on line 207

Interesting, I don't get that error so it must be specific to people with certain attributes. I will take a look at that line.

Quote:

The next one, I believe, is more of the system being bad at math, because a user which was registered in March 2011 has an "Away For" total of 18,516 days, or... 50 years. They say time flies, but that's insane.

18516 days ago would be December 31st, 1969. This date is called the "unix epoch" ... specifically January 1st 1970. This is when the time stamp starts for unix and most any other system. Thus, if a user that has registered back in March 2011 actually never logged in, s/he may end up with such a time stamp because the default timestamp is "0"
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I also don't get that error, though I do think I saw a similar error when profiles were "first" fixed and I've since updated browser info, so it might be a cookie thing maybe?

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Elc wrote:

Interesting, I don't get that error so it must be specific to people with certain attributes. I will take a look at that line.

Quote:

18516 days ago would be December 31st, 1969. This date is called the "unix epoch" ... specifically January 1st 1970. This is when the time stamp starts for unix and most any other system. Thus, if a user that has registered back in March 2011 actually never logged in, s/he may end up with such a time stamp because the default timestamp is "0"

Ah, I see. That makes sense as I saw another account with that many days away, and they both look like duplicate accounts. I believe you are correct about the error affecting accounts with certain attributes, because I do not get the error with every profile.

The only thing in common with the stats of all of the profiles seems to be their race is "Human" and their path is "Pathless." I believe the error could be specifically tied to the path, as the error does not show on any profile with a path.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: