Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Spiritual successor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad to be on board for this. I'm also very glad that the forum still exists for me to be able to write here my loyal pledge for Murayama, Eiyuden, and my eternal disdain and reproach for Konami.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Over $1,000,000 raised just before the campaign was live for seven hours (I watched it happen). At this stage, it is has exceeded Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night's Day One funding, so it is an extremely successful Kickstarter so far.

I personally threw a lot of money at this since I have such faith in the talent, and, more importantly, the structure of their Kickstarter campaign indicates they have done a lot of research in preparation. Project Management skills in stark display, I would say.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things to catalogue under "whilst I was sleeping", people closer to the GMT line ruining things again.

But yeah, apparently a stretch goal to release on current consoles that $1m mark.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well well, we showed the world we (the fans) can seriously slap Konami in the face with the power of cash. This is an awesome feeling for sure.

Just to clarify, the game would have been made regardless of the kickstarter -- kickstarter was necessary for the stretch goals only. There seems to be a mistaken idea that these funds will be used to pay for the development from scratch... etc. The project is funded jointly with KS, by the developers themselves, and publishers who have agreed to not try to restrict the IP.

SRM (Suikoden Revival Movement) members have also been asked to help with organizing the fan community in discord, so we will see how that goes. What is for sure is Murayama considers fans as part of his team. I went ahead and dropped threw a good chunk of money at the KS -- hopefully I get to name some place after something memorable for fans.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I’m happy to see that the project met its initial goal so quickly. I’m assuming that this group of creators is familiar with this kind of project as far as the cost, work, timeline. At least more so than a community developed project any way. So I hope that hitting and exceeding their goal means they have the resources to complete the project in the predicted time.

*edit* Did not see Vextor’s post, I type so slow on my phone. Glad for the clarification and feeling even more excited.

I’m also really glad to see other people here excited about the news. I really only stumbled on the news by accident and I was half expecting to be posting a link to the news on an empty forum. Real happy that I was wrong =)

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Koji Igarashi from Bloodstained is also involved especially to provide advice on how to handle crowd-funded projects, so it seems they have really researched this in advance.
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After various log in attempts I finally remembered my password. Huzzah! Thought it would be apropos to come celebrate with some old faces. Super proud of our community for putting our money where our mouth is and showing some love to a group whom created something special to all of us. Let’s keep it going! See y’all on Eiyox?

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had more disposable income I’d be naming stuff but can’t justify it! I’ve backed it and joined the discord, I’m excited to see where this now goes.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've backed the project, and I think it has already been beyond successful as they have not only reached their funding goal, but also most of their stretch goals, and the kickstarter has only just begun.

I did pick up Limited Run Games's physical release for a Suikoden-esque type of game: Cosmic Star Heroine, but I haven't played it yet, I've been deep into Xenoblade and Hyrule Warriors (Switch). With Eiyuden Chronicle, even the logo gives off a Suikoden feel, not to mention the graphic of Nowa and Seign looks like it could be the cover art of Suikoden X.

Those battle screens... yep, it's Suikoden all right!

It's a good thing I have more than enough games to keep me busy for years, it will make it easier to forget about this game until release is imminent.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I definitely would have named stuff if this was Suikoden. Couldn't bring myself to get to that level on a new game. However, I still dropped a good amount and this was my first ever kickstarter pledge.

Gotta say i am pretty impressed they got to that amount so quickly.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nearly $2,000,000 USD already folks! :)

If anyone missed it the first time around -- here's another great Suikoden-esque game to play while we wait: http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10

One of the best RPG maker-type RPGs I've played -- it borrows heavily from Suikoden II's mechanics, but the story is wholly original and well done.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I had the disposable income, I would have certainly gone for a higher tier. As it is, I could only go as high as "Mark of the Bard" and couldn't afford to go for any of the cooler tiers. That's to be expected with the whole pandemic situation and waiting for my work to start bringing people back.

On a side note, this is the most active this place has been in years. I've missed it.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Do they have a discord up already? I cannot find any links, but to be fair I am totally discord challenged.

The only reward that I wanted was the art book. It is something that I would be likely to buy anyway. Other memorabilia is exciting at first, but always finds its way into storage somewhere and then I feel bad lol.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://Discord.gg/eiyuden

I believe if you hit that link it should work. You may have to copy paste as I’ve forgotten how to make something a link in the forum.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Barbarossa Rugner wrote:
I definitely would have named stuff if this was Suikoden. Couldn't bring myself to get to that level on a new game. However, I still dropped a good amount and this was my first ever kickstarter pledge.

Gotta say i am pretty impressed they got to that amount so quickly.

Same on the kickstarter front, got a little bit weary when I then got what, 4ish emails almost immediately that I maybe goofed something, but have been getting the updates and have pledged so seems to have worked fine.

Also, 3.1m from us Aussie fans thus far, and as much as kid me was like "I get a figure for 600 and can afford it" adult me had pimp slap that guy so chose the order of harmonious for the vinyl and cd since I have both, and physical copy to then have some art work on the copy itself.

Compromise!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: