Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Spiritual successor
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Spiritual successor Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exciting news, a new successor to Suikoden in the works by the old creator?

I'm interested and perhaps a few others will drop by like I did when they heard about this. Seems like the original artist is involved in character design as well.

It won't be Suikoden but it may be fun!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/suikoden-creator-announces-spiritual- successor-eiy/1100-6480111/

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had the same thought!

Very pleased with how this looks based on first impressions. The Kickstarter goes live on Monday, and I intend to do my part. It's delightful to see some of the old developers get back together, and I look forward to see what they produce!

1041 Potch
5 Soldiers
687 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed. So much to wrap up in the original canon. Obviously, this is Konami's fault. I can't wrap my head around how they won't just option out the license to a studio the same way Sega did for a proper Shenmue sequel.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, it's sad what Konami has done with almost all of their IP. I will be looking forward to this one for sure though, and contributing to it.

I heard projected time frame for release was looking at Fall 2022 -- but, hopefully folks will swing by as they hear about it. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What is exciting is how Murayama, Komuta. and Kawano are open to ideas from fans. They have been reaching out to the fans -- I regularly speak with Komuta and Kawano in fact, and it seems like there will be a meeting between SRM (Suikoden Revival Movement) members and them to discuss how to generate more interest in the series... along with how to raise funds, etc.

What is clear is Murayama wants to make sure him and his team owns the series and has total control over how they develop the world. This is great! However, they will need a lot of help from fans to continue funding their endeavors, so we can all chip in hopefully. Kichstarter will open on the 27th I heard.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
I regularly speak with Komuta and Kawano in fact, and it seems like there will be a meeting between SRM (Suikoden Revival Movement) members and them to discuss how to generate more interest in the series... along with how to raise funds, etc.

That's amazing! Definitely keep us (who still lurk) in the loop.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I fully intend to back this as soon as the Kickstarter goes live. It's not Suikoden, but here's hoping that it's the next best thing.

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad I logged on to see this, as I do not think I would have otherwise. I'm definitely going to back (goes live tomorrow) and I'll see if I can get others to back too.

I do have fears, as a friend of mine was a HUGE fan of the Shenmue series and though he backed the new game he was severely disappointed for reasons that would be spoilers to reveal. That said, I'm fairly sure the mechanics of Suikoden are much more timeless than Shenmue which was dated a couple years after its release.

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really excited for this and I do hope it pans out. I don't typically like backing videogames on Kickstarter because it doesn't feel like they pan out as often as something like board games do, but I'll be backing this for sure.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Synchysi wrote:
I fully intend to back this as soon as the Kickstarter goes live. It's not Suikoden, but here's hoping that it's the next best thing.

I'll be backing too for sure.

I can't see it up yet but if someone can post a link here when it does that would be handy.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Synchysi wrote:

I'll be backing too for sure.

I can't see it up yet but if someone can post a link here when it does that would be handy.

According to their twitter, in the next hour or so it'll be launching.

https://twitter.com/eiyudenchronicl

Not on twitter personally, and 1am for me right now so, screw waiting up for that, but, there it is.[/url]

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty excited about this news! I never wanted to get my hopes up, but always kept a small hope in the back of my mind the possibility of something like this happening (fell for that damn April fool MORE than once). Looking at app stores these kind of old style games seem to be doing pretty well, at least well enough for a lot of them to be made. I hope that if this happens and is released the climate is favorable and lots of old fans are able to jump back in =)

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have been probably maxed out if this was a continuation of the Suikoden series. However, I just donated because it does sound cool.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Marshmallow

Shikigami

203358 Potch
110 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's up!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rabbitandbearstudios/eiyuden-chron icle-hundred-heroes
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow -- we did it, folks. The project has already been funded (nearly $600,000 USD already)! Keep it rolling in... maybe this will show Konami there is still hunger for the series.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: