Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Maybe some hope?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Maybe some hope? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to a number of people with massive skillz helping out with correcting technical issues in Suikosource (and they also fixed their forum...), suikox might be spared.

Suikox has a sever problem though with this over-modded phpbb2 forum. PhpBB is definitely a haxxor magnet with many known vulnerabilities, so the recent major revision to the PHP code likely will not work too well with this forum. We will see what can be done.
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, we are at mid july. Any news on what is going to happen?
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We haven't resolved the problem with Suikox yet. The problem with Suikosource is solved though...
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikox is still up so good news.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I visit now and then, although not for a few months lately. Thankfully, the site hasn't gone down yet! I'm glad there are some people willing to work towards keeping this site up. While there many not be much useful here in any practical sense, I'm a nostalgic creature, and I enjoy roaming these drafty halls from time to time, reminiscing about the past. :)

I think it's rare to have something tangible like this forum last so long, to remind you of how you lived part of your life. It's almost like a remembrance of sorts.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The site itself is okay, but the forums is still in danger of getting shut down depending on any alerts popping up for PHP5 vulnerabilities.

I have been asking if anyone can help tweak our forums to allow PHP7 to function, but no volunteers so far. With Suikosource it seems there are plenty of volunters, but Suikox has a smaller audience unfortunately.

Even then, Calculus (server owner) said he can try to help somehow... we will see.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wish i could help, but unfortunately that is not my talent. I can donate if you want to try and raise money for someone to do the work however.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see the forums are still functioning (for now). Unfortunately, I wouldn't be of much use either in attempting to upgrade to PHP7. I'd also be willing to donate to the cost of hiring someone / hosting costs in the future to keep the site up, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm glad you guys are still alive. I just checked in to see how everyone else was doing. But I'd love to know if you need other help, Vex.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Howdy, still alive! Right now the only help I am looking for is some wizard with knowledge on how to convert this site to support PHP7.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good luck!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still alive and kicking. . . . Keeping my eyes here.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Great to see you Gil-galad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: