Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Random visit because of a Youtube video
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Random visit because of a Youtube video Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey guys! How's it going? Glad to see the best the best forum I've ever been in still up and running. Hope I can take my kids one day to see this (speaking of that, maybe I should start seeing someone and have them kids while I'm at it... priorities, priorities).

So, hope you are all well. As for me, I'm great, got a few jobs since I was last here and will actually be going to Tokyo in a couple of days, so life's good.

So, what has sprung this sudden visit? Well, a youtube video actually. And a kind of creepy one.

I follow this channel from a guy named Fredrik Knudsen. He usually puts up videos on more obscure and interesting pop-culture phenomenoms (especially internet based ones) giving a run down on its history and what's not on his series called "Down The Rabbit Hole". He covered things like Chris-chan, Spoony, the Time Cube, the Mouse Utopia Experiments and Vaporwave.

The video in question was about the old Final Fantasy House story. Now, what I didn't know is that there was a somewhat similar case... involving Suikoden. I'll leave the link to the video so you guys can take your own conclusions about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRjrLmc_4c

It made me wonder if any of those people were around here or at Suikosource back then.

Anyway, sorry for the somewhat weird topic of discussion, but I still want this forum to go on for quite a while even if it's just a post a month.

Hope you're all well and I hope to read from you all!

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, for sure... kinda shocked to read all of this because I had no clue. Man I am spooked to heck I have even met some of these people in real life.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is so strange and scary! I have encountered people who were into these sorts of beliefs (including people who once posted here), and I don't like to paint groups with a broad brush, but the pseudo-religions that crop up in various fandoms really should be approached with caution.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see Vex on FB, and...TON-CHAAAAAAAN! <3 [I have him on FB, too!]

I just dropped by b/c I was feeling nostalgic for some Suikoden related writing I had done. [BTW, if anyone has a copy of the old world map, I can actually *finish* some of it!] I'm glad to see some of y'all still around!

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, Mme. Geddoe brought me back here. (I had to sherlockholmes my way in here because I forgot both my username and my password, after some thinking though I relised I may know which password was it, and checking back at Harmonia made me remember which of those guys I am :)) )

I feel nostalgic as hell. I wonder why I haven't check back all those years. Damn.
And my english actually got worse. Oh well. Nice to see some old friends.

Cheers!

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey all. I still exist! Geddoe's FB post brought me back and because I'm a retired person I still know my password to this place. Anyhow, I'll always treasure the time I spent here and still identify as a Nameless Lander. I'll always be a Nameless one.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow. Crazy video and story. If ever you are feeling inadequate just watch that and be thankful. I wonder how much of this still goes on. Good find, although i would kind of like the last 40 minutes back.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I came here after reading the Magician King (the second one in those Magicians books which are pretty decent) in which she has a tight knit community of online friends with similar interests and it reminded me of this place and how much it meant to me.

This was our tight knit community and it was so glorious for a time, even if it seems quite silly now. This was our space and I felt like belonged.

Thanks for still hosting it, Vextor. You in particular made a great deal of difference during a dark time in my life. I hope you are well.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tony Stark wrote:

Thanks for still hosting it, Vextor. You in particular made a great deal of difference during a dark time in my life. I hope you are well.

The site is a programming relic, and not sure how long it can last given the proliferation of bots. Fortunately, the "Yuber Program" seems to slay every bot that tries to register as it is really hard to trick this site's registration mechanism...

Anyhow, I am doing fine despite going through a divorce and dealing with its aftermath. Even then, I would say I am faring well. I even got to meet Murayama!
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Vextor"]
Tony Stark wrote:

Anyhow, I am doing fine despite going through a divorce and dealing with its aftermath. Even then, I would say I am faring well. I even got to meet Murayama!

Sorry man, sometimes ending a marriage (in the long term) is for the best.

What two bombs in the same paragraph.

On an humorous approach to the second revelation...Let me imagine meeting Murayama: I guess bugging him into working again in Suikoden would lead to him using a pepper spray or something like that against the petitioner.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very sorry to hear about the divorce Vex. Have had several friends go through that and it is a long experience. I hope you will find happiness in the aftermath however.

On to the second part of your message. You met Murayama!?!?!?

Gotta give us some details...... Did you pick his brain..... Beg him to create another Suikoden.....Get him to autograph something.....or the most important question.....Ask him how Suikoden would have ended???

So many questions.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a Suikoden orchestra event in Tokyo last October. Another fan tipped me off that it will be attended by a bunch of former Suikoden team members. I got to meet Kawano, Komuta, Higashino, and Murayama. I had a fairly long conversation with Kawano and Komuta, which was great -- we even became facebook friends and have discussed other non-Suikoden things since then. My encounter with Murayama was an awkward one because I uncharacteristically became super-nervous. I really rarely get nervous even when addressing high-ranking officials etc... however, Murayama is like a god to me... anyhow, I think I eeked out a -- "hi, I am the owner of Suikosource..." he said "Very happy to meet you!" then I said something along the lines of "what have you been doing after you have abaondoned us?!?!?!" etc. Not exactly sure what I said. Anyhow, it was totally ungraceful, but he was very nice and said he has been working on many other projects since then (which I obviously knew... and at this moment I was already thinking "why the fuck did you say something stupid like that you 43 year-old shit-fucker!"

Yes.

Edit...
Oh yes, Higashino was still very pretty despite how she should be in her 50s or something by now. I didn't get much time with her, but I told her how her music is phenomenal and has appealed to fans all over the world due to the incredible fusion of various world music styles that transcends borders, etc. It seems she was sort of blown away as I spoke like a machine-gun and I had to quickly leave, so she was like "oh, you are leaving!?!? Bye bye!"

Anyhow, another concert is scheduled in August... so maybe I will bump into them again.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I miss pretty much everybody I interacted with here, but what makes it sad is how the instant messengers pretty much all died so other than the post or two here from time to time, I haven't heard from anybody in this community for years.

I wish I could gather the community together again in some form, though I learned my lesson with Senso Suikoden, I may have grand ideas but I lack the skill to realize them. One thing I wanted to do but, as one particular character would say "Mathematics not Zathras's skill" (not to mention my basic understanding of PHP and limited success reverse engineering existing mods) I couldn't even begin to figure out how to implement it, was have armor and accessories which could boost stats and all that information be presented on the character bios.

I have concerns of how long I will still be able to play Suikoden as my PS2 is closing in on 20 years and has been showing issues reading discs. It has, thus far, been limited to a Harvest Moon disc, but it also did not sound very healthy when it was accidentally turned on while I was cleaning. Though it may be a pipe dream, I have hopes that it may be released as a collection for the current consoles like Megaman, Castlevania and Contra have.

Otherwise, I check in fairly often, but gone are the days when you would see someone else online and get into a conversation. Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the sun, be revealed to the entire world!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

I have concerns of how long I will still be able to play Suikoden as my PS2 is closing in on 20 years and has been showing issues reading discs. It has, thus far, been limited to a Harvest Moon disc, but it also did not sound very healthy when it was accidentally turned on while I was cleaning. Though it may be a pipe dream, I have hopes that it may be released as a collection for the current consoles like Megaman, Castlevania and Contra have.

¿Really? I know it may not feel the same, but emulation is awesome. I live very far from where I grew, and believe me, my original suikoden games are perfectly safe back there, I did not bring them with me... laptop+hdmi wire+50 inches tv do the trick just fine

Glad to know you did not get pepper sprayed, Vextor... ;)
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very Cool Vex. Thanks for the update. Also i know your pain when it comes to meeting famous people (or at least famous to me). I often try and ask memorable questions rather than just be myself. Then i run back the questions in my mind for the next few weeks and wonder why the hell i asked that.

Even though he does not own the rights to Suikoden, I think i would be extremely cool if Murayama could write a book on his version of Suikoden after 3. I have to imagine there would be decent demand for a digital version. Of course Konami would have to go along with it i suppose.

Alas....one can dream.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: