Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

A huge thank you to whoever is paying the domain and hosting fees for
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: A huge thank you to whoever is paying the domain and hosting Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Virtually zero activity, but I do notice people coming back and forth to check the memories of the past. I doubt anyone even remembers me, 95% of my post was in the Falena Subforum. I was 13-17 during the heights of suikosource, Suikox forum activity. Anyone remember, due-fuimi?

I've moved to three different countries and two different continents..time flies.

Sorry for creating a Nostalgia thread. iirc at 13, I've just recently finished an English chapter about simple sentence construction and was just a year or two removed from learning English ABCs. Now I live in an English speaking country.

I recall one of my first post in suikox, it went something like this..

"I join this site because I want learn English"

My English is still poor, but I'm not sure i would have passed the immigration English exam if not for Suikox. Thank you! A good percentage of my formative years was spent reading post from native speakers..
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apologies for the broken avatar and sig, the profile system is broken and I can't edit out the broken links.

I remember you, shikator. To be honest, until you actually mentioned not being a native English speaker, there was nothing about your post which would have given it away.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Apologies for the broken avatar and sig, the profile system is broken and I can't edit out the broken links.

I remember you, shikator. To be honest, until you actually mentioned not being a native English speaker, there was nothing about your post which would have given it away.

It was pretty evident with my older post. I use to exclusively post at suikosource pre 2007 and would lurk Suikox from around 04-06. I moved to suikox because at around 07 this site was far more active than Source.

How are you Elc? I remember you and I think you even posted in Suikosource iirc..

I wonder if we could somehow reignite some fire into this forum. Sure, suikoden is virtually dead as a franchise, but I am positive most of us still post at a messageboard or two. Many of us probably post at Reddit, or Sports forum or business forum like Warrirosforum.com etc.

Perhaps this time around put suikoden at the side and turn this website into something more general. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I find most messageboards today completely polluted with trolls.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shikator, that's a really awesome thing. I'm really happy for the progress that you made here and that it played such an important role in something so important to your life!

I also credit this forum for my development with English. I am a native speaker, but my writing used to be atrocious. All of the practice I got here when I was a teenager helped me to bump up my grades in school by several levels, and I'm much better at organizing my thoughts and presenting a supported argument than when I started.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:
How are you Elc? I remember you and I think you even posted in Suikosource iirc..

I'm not doing too bad. I've been occupying a lot of my time with gaming on the Switch. I just got RBI Baseball 17 and LEGO Worlds today, with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 dropping later this month. I'm also interested in Rayman Legends, but apparently the physical release is an EB Games exclusive in Canada. It's not a big problem, but it prevented me from pre-ordering it with Amazon Prime.

While I've lurked at Suikosource, I've never actually signed up there.

Quote:
I wonder if we could somehow reignite some fire into this forum. Sure, suikoden is virtually dead as a franchise, but I am positive most of us still post at a messageboard or two.

I know Vex prefers lighter activity here now, especially since the hosting server doesn't handle the heavy loads which Suikox used to see. Plus there are elements of the board which have deprecated and are unusable, most notably the profiles. Otherwise, I would have removed the dead avatar and signature links.

The only message board I am currently at, and I constantly ask myself why I even bother with it, is GameFAQs. The overwhelming negativity and trolling can get to you.

Quote:
Perhaps this time around put suikoden at the side and turn this website into something more general. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I find most messageboards today completely polluted with trolls.

If not for the aforementioned issues regarding the forum, I would be inclined to agree. At some point in the future, I may have the means to put together such an all purpose forum, though I learned my lesson with Senso Suikoden that the plans we had for a game were far too ambitious for any of us to realistically put into motion.

shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
Shikator, that's a really awesome thing. I'm really happy for the progress that you made here and that it played such an important role in something so important to your life!

I also credit this forum for my development with English. I am a native speaker, but my writing used to be atrocious. All of the practice I got here when I was a teenager helped me to bump up my grades in school by several levels, and I'm much better at organizing my thoughts and presenting a supported argument than when I started.

That is awesome.

Its nice to know a community this small has contributed to postivie development.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:

That is awesome.

Its nice to know a community this small has contributed to postivie development.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

Elc wrote:
shikator wrote:

I'm not doing too bad. I've been occupying a lot of my time with gaming on the Switch. I just got RBI Baseball 17 and LEGO Worlds today, with Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 dropping later this month. I'm also interested in Rayman Legends, but apparently the physical release is an EB Games exclusive in Canada. It's not a big problem, but it prevented me from pre-ordering it with Amazon Prime.

While I've lurked at Suikosource, I've never actually signed up there.

Quote:
I wonder if we could somehow reignite some fire into this forum. Sure, suikoden is virtually dead as a franchise, but I am positive most of us still post at a messageboard or two.

I know Vex prefers lighter activity here now, especially since the hosting server doesn't handle the heavy loads which Suikox used to see. Plus there are elements of the board which have deprecated and are unusable, most notably the profiles. Otherwise, I would have removed the dead avatar and signature links.

The only message board I am currently at, and I constantly ask myself why I even bother with it, is GameFAQs. The overwhelming negativity and trolling can get to you.

Quote:

If not for the aforementioned issues regarding the forum, I would be inclined to agree. At some point in the future, I may have the means to put together such an all purpose forum, though I learned my lesson with Senso Suikoden that the plans we had for a game were far too ambitious for any of us to realistically put into motion.

Surprised you didnt mention Zelda after buying a switch..
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I still shell out dough to pay for the server!

Crap, I had no idea the profile thingie is broken.
One day I will fix it!

This forum is basically immune to bots, thanks to my crazy customization.
However, I also have forgotten how to code -- I am sure I can remember quite fast, but the fact that I am a group manager in a global manufacturing company with 60 or so underlings now... and I am married and just bought a flat, etc... makes things difficult.

Always glad to hear this forum helped nurture folks' intelligence, intuition, and wisdom. I think that is quite awesome to hear always.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Clearly you just need to put one of your underlings on an unsanctioned "maintain Suikox" project. What is power good for if you can't even abuse it?

Congrats on the marriage and house purchasing!

I am also on the Suikox improved my English boat. Well, Suikox and religious viewings of Gilmore Girls.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:

I got Zelda at launch and played the hell out of it, including the first DLC. With the Wii and Wii U essentially being glorified "Zelda machines" I decided to take a different approach with the Switch: going for the variety I remember from my family's first game system.

I used to rarely pick up sports games aside from WWE titles but, now that I've kicked the habit of buying WWE games year after year, I plan to get as many of the different sports games which come to the Switch. Furthermore, while I still maintain my love for RPGs (particularly JRPGs), I'm not focusing solely on a particular genre.

I'm very happy with the Switch thus far.

Kikitp wrote:
Clearly you just need to put one of your underlings on an unsanctioned "maintain Suikox" project. What is power good for if you can't even abuse it?

I would be more than happy to help out in that regard again, but I do know that the server couldn't handle anything close to the activity Suikox once enjoyed. Still, if there was interest in bringing a fraction of the activity back and shifting the focus, as Shikator suggested, to a more general gaming community, I would certainly be willing to relieve Vex of any burden of having to keep an eye on the place. If there was one thing I was really happy with regarding Senso, it was the very low level of drama which reared its ugly head. The problems with did arise from time to time were generally sorted out with diplomacy and understanding.

Anyway, how have you been lately, Kikito? I always hate losing touch with people, especially when instant messenger and Senso both went beyond the rim. I hope all is well.

shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
shikator wrote:

I got Zelda at launch and played the hell out of it, including the first DLC. With the Wii and Wii U essentially being glorified "Zelda machines" I decided to take a different approach with the Switch: going for the variety I remember from my family's first game system.

I used to rarely pick up sports games aside from WWE titles but, now that I've kicked the habit of buying WWE games year after year, I plan to get as many of the different sports games which come to the Switch. Furthermore, while I still maintain my love for RPGs (particularly JRPGs), I'm not focusing solely on a particular genre.

Kikitp wrote:

I would be more than happy to help out in that regard again, but I do know that the server couldn't handle anything close to the activity Suikox once enjoyed. Still, if there was interest in bringing a fraction of the activity back and shifting the focus, as Shikator suggested, to a more general gaming community, I would certainly be willing to relieve Vex of any burden of having to keep an eye on the place. If there was one thing I was really happy with regarding Senso, it was the very low level of drama which reared its ugly head. The problems with did arise from time to time were generally sorted out with diplomacy and understanding.

Anyway, how have you been lately, Kikito? I always hate losing touch with people, especially when instant messenger and Senso both went beyond the rim. I hope all is well.

Politics and Religion should be ban worthy material. Its always these two that brings out all the trolls. Sports too, but its usually not as bad and the trolling is usually funny at times.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm here, lurking as always (thanks Vexie)! I'd happily continue lurking around and provide some activity in another incarnation of the site. :)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
shikator wrote:

Kikitp wrote:

Keeping busy finishing up my PhD. I have really gotten into board games, bourbon, and cooking. And that's basically all that's been up with me. You can probably find me on Facebook or something (PM?). Mostly selfies and pictures of my food, I am a millenial after all.

Howsabout you?

It really is nice hearing from people here!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any board game/card game favorites, Kik? I've found myself playing a lot of 'em these past few years too. Some that come to mind for me:

Cosmic Encounter
Small World
Puerto Rico
Star Realms
Dominion
Ascension
King of Tokyo
7 Wonders
Carcassonne
Takenoko

There are many others. I'm just not gonna spend more time brainstorming at the moment. Haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: