Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Parallax
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I'm terribly late to this, but Geddoe did alert me of this back when it happened. Even though it's months later, I'm still saddened by this loss. He wasn't a close friend of mine or anything, but I can definitely relate to his situation and feel horribly for his family and loved ones. I continually hope those he left behind find peace with his passing and feel his presence daily in the form of warm memories.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just found out that the name of the dog which portrays Pongo on Once Upon a Time is named Cinder, which is what Parallax went by at Sensō Suikoden.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to see his name still being remembered! And RedCyd, very glad to see you survived despite getting nearly totally frankenstein-ized by surgeons!! You are an inspiration to all of those half-formed and mangled (like myself)!!!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's hard to believe it has already been a year since Parallax passed.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Over a year already? Where does the time go?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Today marks two years since Parallax died. If there is anything we can take from it, it's that we really never know when we can lose anybody we care about and we shouldn't wait until it's too late to make sure the people we care about knows how much we appreciate them.

To that end, I'd just like to say that I enjoyed my time here and, as a typically flawed human I had my high points and my low points, made my share of mistakes but I appreciate the involvement of everybody who made this place so special. Even though the nature of the nation system gave rise to various cliques, I miss the old days and the conversation topics which would pop up or the national activities which gave each nation their own flavour. Parallax was certainly a master at that.

Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This place was certainly a refuge for creative energy in my life, warts and all. Small moments like the work I did with my "nation" on this site give color to the short time we all have on this earth. I'd like to think Parallax felt the same.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's good to remember those who passed -- that way they can live on forever in some ways. I am also glad this site has had an impact on many people in their early years; it makes me feel like I made some positive impact to this world.
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You definitely have Vex! Thank you so much for all the hard work you put in over the years for all of our enjoyment. I still think about this forum from time to time and look back fondly on the many fun memories.

As far as Parallax, aka Cinder goes, if there was anyone I could consider myself close with on these forums it would have to be him. I remember when he first joined the Scarlet Moon. He was always very active and did not hesitate to provide his input. Then when Korn stepped down as emperor and it was passed to him, I have to admit that I was a little hurt that I was not even considered for it. Looking back on it though, he was ultimately the best candidate for the job. I was just a young kid about to finish high school at the time and I wasn't much for posting on the forums with long drawn out conversations. He still allowed me to maintain my position as a strategist though! He was a great man who ended up becoming the lifeblood of the Empire, and he is missed dearly by myself and many others I am sure. My heart still aches for his loss, and all the wonderful things he brought into peoples' lives via these great forums.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't stopped by in years so I dropped in on a whim today and saw this. Utterly heartbreaking that he went so young, if he was 29 as of 3 years ago then he was in fact the same age as me.

I probably didn't talk to him much for a long time, being on different sides of the game, but when we had the IRC channels we chatted as well as in various other parts of the forums. He was a good guy.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: