Suikoden Unique and Irenic Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Parallax
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Parallax Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yesterday I was notified via Facebook by Geddoe that Parallax passed away. I don't have details, but it was apparently due to heart failure. He was only 29 years old. Most of us know him only as Parallax, but Chris Mead was one fine dude-- in fact, he was such a great guy he became the Nation Leader of the Scarlet Moon Empire after Kornyluc quit to focus on academics and work. His was a rare situation because he skipped all ranks and jumped straight from a regular member to nation leader. That is how good he was. I think most everyone remembers him as being reasonable and level-headed-- and always courteous. His gentle soul will be missed by all who have crossed paths and walked with him.

The following is a comment left by him in the moderator forum's introduction thread. One of the questions asked was "what do you want to get out of life, and this was his answer:

Parallax wrote:

I'd like two things. I won't settle for missing out on either one, at least not without a serious fight. First, I'd like to end my life with a sense of accomplishment, of satisfaction. I'm terrified of being forgotten, and leaving an impression is important to me. It's also important to me that I leave the right kind of impression...when you get right down to it, I'm a pretty moral person. The second is love...I'm a bit of a romantic idealist, and I truly believe that I can spend my life devoted to a single other person in this world. I will find that person.

He will not be forgotten.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rest in peace, Para. This truly is a major loss to this and other communities.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know him very well, but I remember seeing his posts here and there. He always seemed smart, level headed, and kind hearted. Sad to hear that he left this world at such a young age. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember correctly, Parallax and I basically became nation leaders around the same time and we always got on well. After the Suikox game came to an end, he was on board with the Senso project from the beginning and was a truly invaluable part of that community. When I could no longer had the disposable income to keep my own web hosting service, he kept the community alive by relocating it to his own server.

We would converse fairly regularly over instant messenger and he was always up for some good natured teasing. The last time we conversed over instant messenger was the middle of December and there was nothing to indicate that would turn out to be the last time we ever spoke. I'm sure he didn't have any idea of what was to come either, but if I had the chance I would have wanted to tell him what a great friend he has been and how much I will miss him.

As I said at Senso when I heard the news, he was definitely the best of us and we were all better off having known him in some capacity.

Goodbye old friend, I will not forget you.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was a wonderful man. I'll certainly never forget him.

Thanks for sharing that quote, Vextor.
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll do my best to keep that first wish of his alive - least I could do.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was one of the few people from Suikox I've kept in touch with over the years, through fantasy football and Through the Shattered Lens. It's going to be weird not having him around anymore. He was a great guy.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rest in peace Parallax, you will not be forgotten.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good guy from the limited conversations we had. Always sad to hear of someone dying that young. RIP fellow suikoden fan.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just got the news. Sad to hear he has passed away. He was definitely one of the members here people could look up to.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know him very well, but from what I gathered the few times I did, he seemed like a great guy, which all testimony here asserts. And I'm sorry I didn't take the time to keep in better contact with him. With many people to be honest. But for him, all I can do at this point is take inspiration. Farewell Parallax.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What sad news :( I think I have never actually talked to him personally, but I knew him as a great person on the forums. I hope he fulfilled his wished.

The Fool
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Though I never knew him personally, I'll always remember him as one the of kindest people I had the chance to meet here. It's somewhat uncanny that I was recently reminiscing about playing Halo with him all those years ago. Rest in peace old friend, I promise not to forget you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What horrible news. Rest in peace.
Midori

Stijgende Zielen

53473 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Late to see this but still very sorry to hear that. RIP Parallax
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: