Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Favorite Entourage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Favorite Entourage Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im back...

anyways, who is your favorite entourage. I'm not talking about who you like to put in your party in each suikogame, but who you think carries the greatest entourage.
Personally, my favorite is Geddoe and his crew. Why?? Not only does Geddoe carry a true rune, but he is one of the most bad*** characters to hold on. Geddoe has made one-eyed people cool with his laid back but tough intellect. That's just a taste though considering who he invites in his missions. Ace, Queen, Joker, Jacques, (well and Aila i guess), are also a formiddable force. So if you can find another entourage that can defeat a group that can use close combat (Ace,Joker), offensive & defensive rune powers (geddoe & aila), and long distance fighting (jacques), let me know....muwahahahahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arc Arcana

The Vrasny Pirates

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must agree with you, also Ted in S4 with nearly anyone else can fend off attackers oh so easily.

Favorite True Lighting spell: Has to be Thunder Storm. Multi-awesome damage and cool graphics (only spell with better for TL is the "Thor's Hammer" one)

Favorite Combo: The Full group one (except Aila)

Best Attacker other than Geddoe: Ace (equiped him with Sunbeam rune and Blood armor)
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to say Tir's original entourage in S1 is the best. They are devoted not only to their leader, but to each other, and they also cover a wide range of skills and do it better than nearly anyone else. They are a true family, devoted to each other in times of war and peace. Geddoe's team may be hardened mercenaries, but two members of Tir's team served under Teo McDohl in wartime and that counts for a lot. One has 300 years of experience under his belt and nearly every member of the unit will protect someone when critical.

Let's put them head-to head against Geddoe's team for a minute. We'll pit similar fighters against each other to show who's better at what. Of, course, you would have to put them all in the same gaming system for this fight to work, but suspend disbelief here work with me here. Tir's team won't make it a runaway victory, Geddoe's team is good (#2 in my book), but I think they will come out on top.

Gremio vs. Queen
Battle of the Lame-Os
Ho hum. Each team's weakest member. Queen is OK in everything but excels in nothing. Gremio is sub-par all around, but is good in certain areas. Pretty fair match. PWR and HP wise they even out. Gremio's higher SKL and LUK would give him some nasty criticals in melee, plus his weapon is better, but Queen is faster and has better magic. She would be able to poison Gremio in round one, then use her speed to whittle Gremio down. Queen is also good with Shield Magic, allowing herself to berserk herself (if she's lucky) and heal herself.
Winnah: Draw (G0/T0)

Ted vs. Jacques
Death From Above
Ted's much faster, lucker and has higher skill. Yeah, Jacques is stronger and has more HP, but Ted's super magic abilites would more than make up for any discrepancies. Jacques has crappy magic and takes forever to get a shot off. Ted would fill our silent buddy with arrows before getting a scratch on him.
Winnah: TED (G0/T1)

Cleo vs. Aila
Magical Archers
Both of these girls are good all-around. SKL and MAG are great on both sides with no severe HP or PWR penalty. Aila may have been born a warrior, but she's still a kid. Cleo has a good 15 years of experience on her, AND she was a captain under Teo McDohl. The woman would be a general is she hadn't retired. AIla may also be good at Earth and Shield magic, but that's not going to help her against a top-notch fire mage with more MP than even Milich! I mean, come on, Leknaat gave her a Fire Rune for a reason, people. Flaming death everywhere! Sorry, Aila, experience wins out in this case.
Winnah: CLEO (G0/T2)

Pahn vs. Joker
Kung Fu Hustle
Probably the flahiest battle, these two martial arts masters would give us all a great spectacle. Like the Cleo/Aila fight, however, there's no substitute for experience. Pahn is all power and HP, but he's slower than molasses in winter. Joker may not be on the Harmonian track team himself, but he'f aster than Pahn. Plus he has a top-notch fire mage. Pahn would have horrendous magical defense. Plus, Pahn is what 29? Joker has been doing this for years. He's seen every trick there is and knows how to handle some overmuscled upstart. Hail to the master.
Winnah: JOKER (G1/T2)

Viktor vs. Ace
Same to You, Buddy
Although, not in Tir's original party, Viktor is the first person recruited by Tir, so he fits. Technically, Aila is not part of Geddoe's original team, either. Anyway, this is probably the most evenly matched fight in the battle. Both are strong, tough and skilled. These two would trade blows back and forth all day.
Winnah: DRAW (G1/T2)

Tir vs. Geddoe
The Main Event
This is the end-all fight. Tir has better stats across the board. He's faster, stronger, luckier, more skilled and has better magic and more HP. Geddoe, however, has the experience edge and he also has the killer instinct that Tir does not. This one is up in the air all the way, but I think the Soul Eater would make the difference. Tir repels Windy with the Soul Eater and he hardly even knows how to use it. The TLR is cool and all (and the best True Elemental Rune by far), but the Soul Eater wins out. Tir's speed and incredible MDEF would be the deciding factor. But what a battle it would be.
WINNAH: Tir (G1/T3/2 draws)

Tir's team wins. But it's a close one. Very close.
But that's just my opinion.

EDIT: I just realized something. If Ted and Tir are both in the same party, then Ted has the Soul Eater. In which case he KOs Jacuqes in about two seconds and Geddoe mashes Tir into goo in three seconds. Oops. It looks like it's a draw after all!
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, a battle royale between the game's initial parties (with some extras to make it all even) would be a pretty good fight all around. Look at what they've got.

Tir, Gremio, Pahn, Cleo, Ted, Viktor - Three top-tier mages, two powerhouse fighters, a powerful single-target unite attack and three people will take blows for the leader. This is the team to beat.

Riou, Jowy, Nanami, Gengen, Tuta, Mukumuku - OK, so the last three are pretty lame, but they are the first people to "join" Riou, so I guess they're in. From the first three you've got probably the best all-purpose attack rune, the best all-purpose healing rune, a powerful single-enemy unite, a powerful multi-enemy unite and a pretty good array of stats. Not too shabby either.

Hugo, Fubar, Sgt. Joe, Lucia, Beechum, Jimba - This group is all about speed and skill. Between Hugo, Lucia and Jimba they got so many attacks it'll make you dizzy trying to keep up. The mounted pair is incredibly powerful and you have a strong healer/attacker to boot. Not the best in the magic department, but good nonetheless.

Chris, Salome, Borus, Roland, Leo, Percival - This party can take one hell of a beating and keep going. Also, they have three people who are good with the water rune. They can soak up damage, keep healing each other and come back at you again. Not a lot of versatility, but who needs versatility when nobody can hurt you?

Geddoe, Ace, Queen, Joker, Jacques, Aila - This team has it all. Close-range fighters, long-range fighters, unbalance effects, above-average magical capacity, two super-powerful unites. A true force to be reckoned with.

Thomas, Cecile, Piccolo, Juan, Augustine, Mel - Attack of the average people! Or is it? Augustine has helped me defend Budehuc singlehandledly several times. Mel is a better lightning mage than even Geddoe, Piccolo is one of the top Pale Gate users and has MP to spare. We all know what a monster Juan is, and Thomas and Cecile become powerhouses at high levels. This team seems very unassuming, but it can kick ass when prepared correctly.

Hero4, Chiepoo, Tal, Paula, Jewel, Keneth - Probably the underdogs, this team is mired by its incredible mediocrity. It really has no super strenghts, but really has no apparent weaknesses either. You have Tal and Chiepoo for scrappers, Paula and Keneth for magic, and Hero and Jewel are pretty much good all around. Their unite is OK, but all in all, this party can handle anything since they have no real major drawbacks.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Regarding the Tir team vs Geddoe team, there's a few part i disagree on, but i agree that Tir's team would overall win.

Queen vs Gremio should end with Queen wining. Really, Gremio isn't an impressive fighter statwise. I feel that if Queen uses magic, she should beat Gremio.

As for Viktor vs Ace, i believe Viktor should win, simply because Viktor has more raw power. Ace may be impressive, but i think Viktor will win in the end.

And finally for Tir vs Geddoe, this should end in a draw. Both their stats are impressive, and i believe their magic skills are on par. You gave soul eater too much credit. Sure it's a nice rune, and many people love it. But you know, all true runes are supposed to be equal in power. That is an undeniable fact even if people are biased towards some runes. So let's say Tir has overall slightly better stats than Geddoe, but he has more experience with his True rune. So overall, it will be a draw.

THis will still result in Tir's team winning though.

And next point about Thomas, Cecile, Juan, Picollo, Augustine and Mel. Although i'm not sure if they're really the earliest party with Augustine and Mel, but i'll go along with them.

IMO, they are a very strong team indeed at high levels and all skills maxed out. Thomas and Cecile are slow in many of their skills, but they end in A+ for quite a few. At high levels, they can deal alot of damage. Thomas's weapon inproves drastically at later levels, and Cecile can wear heavy armor. Her defences is capable of reaching the highest in the game since she wears helmet, armor and shield. She's a tank actually.

Picollo has great magic. A+ in lightning magic, and if you add a lightning ring and a thunder rune, he rocks. Juan gets like 6 attacks at later levels if you just max his swing, and with his S heavy damage, a few of his hits will probably be criticals, meaning he dishes alot of damage.

Augustine is a pretty good fightet as well although i don't like him. Mel has S in lightning which is yet another attribute. Well, this team is very strong to me. Could be stronger than all others even...
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree with the True Runes being equal thing, but I also realized right after posting that in order for Ted and Tir to be on the same team, it would mean Ted has the Soul Eater. Without the Soul Eater, Tir has no chance to win out against Geddoe. And I'm saying that even though I LOVE Tir.

I put Mel and Augustine with Thomas since I ALWAYS recruit them both with him. The thing about Thomas is that if you don't recruit anyone that doesn't auto-join with any of the other three heroes, Thomas can recruit every singe character available before chapter four. So technically, Thomas' "initial" party can include nearly anyone! I put those two in because I just automatically connect them with Thomas so much and I recruit them with him as soon as I can get to them.

And also, if I didn't include them, poor Thomas and company would be disqualified for not having enough players! :)

But I do agree, that party is a good one.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all seem to be forgetting a team that would stomp them all...

Luc, Sarah, Yuber, and Albert.

Even without Albert in combat, this team is unstoppable. They get my vote for favorite entourage (It doesn't hurt that Yuber and Luc are two of my top five favorite characters).

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaaah Scarlet assassin, you stole my crew! :lol: :P

I definitely agree: Luc, Sarah, Yuber, Albert are my favorite Entourage. Perfect magicians, melee fighter, and strategist. Pity their POV was so short.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... For me, i'd put Mel and Twaikin into Thomas's party... Simply because they were "free" to recruit... I never used THomas to get Augustine simply because his funds lack the most, and are more of less rather crucial... I wouldn't waste money to buy rose brooch just to get Augustine...

Characters who need money to recruit like Augustine, Watari and Dominic, i leave them to Chris... The richest one...
Kalidor

Blazing Conflagration

1542036 Potch
308 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite entourage is the Suikoden I liberation army, the original crew, Odessa, Flik, Viktor, Humphrey, and Sanchez. This is a crew that is ready to handle any situation thrown at them. You have Odessa a charismatic leader, able to draw people to her by her personality alone. Put her in combat, and she provides long range and magical support. Then there's Flik, who provides the offensive magic with his lightning rune, as well as being a courageous and inspirational leader. Viktor is the one that makes everyone's hearts lighter with his humor and constant good cheer, not to mention that he fights with the strength and ferocity of a bear. Humphrey is a close combat heavyweight, able to deal out and absorb large amounts of punishment. Not only that, but he is the ultimate in reliability, stoically accepting any task put his way. And finally Sanchez, who has the brains to work the group out of many tight situations. We'll just forget that he is ultimately a traitor though...
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like the 6 knights of Zexen! The swordsman of flame Borus!
The swordsman gale Percival!
The mighty axe-wielder Leo!
The elven archer roland!
The brilliant salome harras!
The silver maiden Chris lightfellow!
Glory to the Zexen Federation! :D

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:
You all seem to be forgetting a team that would stomp them all....

Except we all stomped on them over and over throughout the game. Chris, Nash, Fred and Rico beat them... Rico! haha :)

It's interesting that of the 4 groups in Suikoden 3, each one appears to be missing something except for Thomas. Geddoe needs a tank, sure they can hit hard and quick, magically and physically but in a prolonged fight, they take a lot more damage than they should. Chris' group of iron tanks are lacking any speed, struggle against magical enemies (low MDF) and lack any sustainable magical attack (Earth doesn't count). Hugo's team (Hugo, Sgt Joe, Fubar, Hallec, Mua, Lilly?) are all lacking any magical attack, although Lucia and Jimba would fix that....

Thomas has Cecile the tank, piccollo the mage and Juan the uber-fighter. Thomas with a cyclone has a healing spell and attack spell.

Anyway, despite all that, I still think Geddoe's team reins supreme here:

Ranged attacks? We got two of them,
Status attacks? We got four of them (Freeze X2, Poison, Unbalance),
Attack Mages? We got two of them (Geddoe, Joker),
Healing Mages? We got two of them (Queen-Wind/Shield, Aila-Shield),
Physical Attacks? We got two of them (Jacque, Ace),
Combo Attacks? We got two of them,
.... Let's not forget our support magic (Aila-Earth), our True Lightning Rune and Ace's innate ability to haggle at stores!

No other group can match that versatility. Sure they don't have a damage soak, can't really take many hits, but when you have that much power at your disposal, nothing ever lasts long enough to really hurt you. Geddoe's group can kill anything in any way imaginable. It's almost an artistic license to kill.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh, it's a close one...maybe it's the fanboy in me talking, but I'll go with the single best unit (er, of the handful we've seen) in the Southern Frontier Defense Force- the 12th. I've been in Geddoe's camp since before the game came out, and I was delighted to see how earthen and personal they were in the flesh. Figuratively speaking, anyway. They're also, as have been mentioned, a true force to be reckoned with. No friendly fire from True Lightning, Queen's insane Wind magic, Ace's brute swings, Jacques' long-range fire, Joker's ability to mix it up in either Water or Fire, and that's not even counting the support mage they have in Aila- incredible. Geddoe gets some of the harder fights in the game, but only because that team can win.

Still, Tir's group...man, that's a fight I'd pay to see.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wataru14 wrote:
Queen is OK in everything but excels in nothing.

06 stat (about 160+ at Level 60) in SKL and MGC, plus an A in Heavy Damage and a B+ in Wind Magic (A if you give her a Wind Hat, A+ if you give her a Wind Hat AND a Wind Magic Ring) not enough excelling for you? Huh? Huh?! HUH?!?!

Sorry... as a Queen fanboy, I can not let that comment go.
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to be argumentative, but half the people in the game can achieve a wind ranking like that with a Wind Hat and Wind Magic Ring. An A in heavy damage is great, but if your strength barely tops 100, what good is a critical?

I've never been a big fan of skill. I know it calculates hit percentage, but it only has to be so high. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there really is no benefit for a super high skill rating (as opposed to obvious benefits of a high STR, MGC and PRO). And my Queen never got anywhere near that high in magic. Not even close. Not even at level 99. I know stat growth is random to a degre, so I guess yours just gets better magic growth.

Queen, in my games at least, is a really cool character in terms of background and personality, but who is always my weakest link in gameplay. In treausre boss fights (especially the Twin Head Snake in Geddoe 1) I am fighting to keep her alive half the time. She is always the first to die when a monster uses an attack with an effect radius and monsters always gang up on her and take her out early. Maybe I'm just unlucky with stat growth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: