Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Update 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still try to check it out once a month or so. :) Hi, friends.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil! I was just looking through some of the old threads. The poor straight guys of Suikox, how we used to terrorise them so.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
Wow, it's unreal that it has already been 12 years since this place opened. I miss those glory days and all of the people who practically live on these boards.

Word.

Also, glad to hear from you, Weyoun and AA!
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
Gil! I was just looking through some of the old threads. The poor straight guys of Suikox, how we used to terrorise them so.

I still remember terrorizing Elc via the irc quite frequently. ;)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My last received private message is from 2013. Awesome.

Also, I just managed to post within 24 hours of Gil. Nice.
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slowly breathing life back into the old dear ;)
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What we need is a good, old-fashioned duel tourney.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After my failure to put a game into action, I don't think I could take part in one of those. Upon reflection, what I enjoyed most was the creative writing which kinda exploded within Falena and the wonderfully bizarre culture which arose as a result.

I still remember the period when it seems the entire nation must have eaten some bad pineapples and a civil war erupted, leaving me and the NPS to try to bring some sanity back to the place. (a foolish and futile effort, I know)

I never did finish the story I had started and I cannot even think of doing so now as I have forgotten all but the broadest events. I had such delusions of grandeur back then as I had actually worked out a trilogy which kinda got a bit wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey. I sometimes wonder what I could have written had I not gone for the absurd most of the time.

I really do need to get back to actually finishing the Suikoden games I had in progress. Recently, though, I rekindled my love of the Legend of Zelda series and completed not only Skyward Sword, but (being hopelessly lost on where I left off on the original file) did a complete run through Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, followed by Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, Hyrule Warriors and, ultimately Twilight Princess HD.

It can be a battle getting some of my PS2 games to actually play, as Harvest Moon has been notorious for refusing to load, but I think if I was going to go for that type of game, I'd rather play Stardew Valley.

I miss having a forum I can go to where people enjoy interacting with one another and I hate having to go to GameFAQs which is second only to YouTube as the cockroaches of the internet.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
What we need is a good, old-fashioned duel tourney.

I don't think the stats work any more or the duel engine... or people to duel. Other than that it's a brilliant idea!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just decided to check the forum after thinking about olden days. I can't believe how long ago I was super active here. Life has been so busy lately and I don't see it getting any lighter.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I check the forums every week or so to make sure it isn't hacked or anything... surprisingly this form has been impervious to hack-attacks that plague old phpbbs... possibly because I modified the crap out of the default forums...

Anyhow, it is surprising how much time has passed. These days I travel quite often due to business. I just returned from Tunisia, and next month I will be in Mexico, Estonia & Germany.

Glad to see everyone doing interesting things with their life and saying this forum has helped them become a better person!
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hackers probably respect what you've done too much. ;)

That's a lot of travel! Do you enjoy it? Air travel can be a pain, but totally worth it.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can use less travel honestly. My body is not tailored to air-pressure changes every two days! I wish this was 100 year ago so I can travel by boat and take week-long stays in random islands / ports on the way.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not too fond of air travel myself, and definitely avoid it when at all possible.

It may just be the aircraft I have been in, but my legs have definitely not been made for those seats as I could enjoy a car trip several times the length of a flight, whereas a three hour flight within cramped seats leave me constantly wishing the bloody flight would end.

I think it's one reason why I will probably never travel off the continent as a five hour flight from Chicago really tested the limits of my tolerance, It would have to be something particularly mindblowing for me to consider an extended visit to a flying tin can.

Thankfully, air travel is sufficiently rare enough for me that I can put up with the necessary evil in order to do the things I like to do which is only an option because of it. However, and there's always a however in life, ever since I was a kid I have always enjoyed road trips and whether it was visiting family with my brother and my grandparents or going on a family camping trip, the travel to the destination was always as much a part of the experience as the actual vacation. I would never trade something like that for the speed and convenience of air travel if there was any way to avoid it.

Even though I haven't done so for more than 20 years, one of my favourite experiences was travelling the Fraser Canyon and that is something that air travel cannot compete with. A day of awesome sights versus and uncomfortable trip in a plane where maybe you get a window seat and maybe see more than an endless sea of clouds for much of the trip.

Okay, I'll admit it, I must have part Luddite in me.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel similarly about air travel. I can't seem to enjoy any day on which I'm flying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: