Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Update 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Not sure if I've mentioned this here yet or not, but I am a middle school Latin teacher now!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations!

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks! I'm loving it. It's hard for me to believe that I was barely older than the kids I'm teaching now when I first signed up for this site!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, you used to barely make much sense! Now you teach something is classical and complicated as Latin! Amazing and I am proud of you sir!
Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks! I actually credit this forum's community for pushing me to improve my communication in writing. It helped more than any class I've taken. All that daily practice. :)
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I've found practical experience to be more effective than just being shown the theory. You definitely learn better if you're having fun doing so.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently working on designing a complex Suikoden-themed Mafia game. If any of you know what that is and have any suggestions, I'm all ears. ;)
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard of Mafia but have never really understood it, fully and certainly not enough to even attempt to play such a game. I don't know how well it would translate to Suikoden except in name only as, from what I have seen, it's all about trying to convince people to vote on the next player to be eliminated.

I could be wrong, though, as I said I don't fully understand the game so it might be possible to do more than just a Mafia game with a Suikoden skin.

Good luck!

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A basic set-up you have two teams whose goal is to eliminate the other. One is about 75% of the player base, can only communicate in-game, and know nothing about any of the other players at the start. The other 25% can communicate privately. So basically one team's goal is to correctly distinguish the honest people from the liars, and the other team's goal is to fool them.

But it can have extremely complex set-ups and most of these center around a theme. There are hundreds of special abilities players can be given to help or hinder their team, and sometimes mini-games built into it. It would have actually functioned really well in this forum in its day.

An ideal Suikoden game would have 108 players with special abilities related to the actual characters, but it's extremely difficult to fill a game that large. I'm thinking of pushing for 20, and I want to incorporate something akin to the Suikoden army battles, designed in such a way that the bad guys have an initial advantage via spies and the balance sways against them as they are eliminated.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be interested! Not a lot of time this Summer til the end of July, but I'll be around. Hit me up via email or PM or Facebook or what have you.

email: ben.levie2013@gmail.com

By way of update on me, I got a job at a law firm in Los Angeles and I'm getting married (!) in November. Shit happens fast. haha.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congratulations!

Tonberry

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
By way of update on me, I got a job at a law firm in Los Angeles and I'm getting married (!) in November. Shit happens fast. haha.

Congrats! That's awesome.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, guys. Can't remember the last time I posted here. Had a wave of nostalgia come over me and wanted to see what was going on.

An update... I'm 24 now (12 when I joined this forum) and live in New York City as a web developer. Live in a comfy apartment with my girlfriend. Not much else.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, it's unreal that it has already been 12 years since this place opened. I miss those glory days and all of the people who practically live on these boards.

AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jinkies people still come here! I was feeling a little nostalgic and checked on a whim, I'm doubly shocked I remembered my password though I guess all those years of typing it in daily got it lodged somewhere very deep. I find it hard to believe the amount of time I spent here or the vast majority of people I met, it was time well spent though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: