Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Update 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the congrats everyone, and for the 6 month reminder Failure Urn... I suppose I need to buy something special or somethingamajig, etc.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats Vex! Here's to a happy marriage.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I came back to Suikosource not long ago and see that Vextor had posted, so I was like "holy shit he's still alive!" Somehow I felt kinda insensitive about that so I apologize, but I am really really glad to know you're doing well and congratulations on getting married.

My friendship with the people here never really extended beyond the website, so when things died down around here I pretty much never got to talk with anybody from here, but this place... the Grassland subforum, it just always feels like home because of all the memories I have of this place. My high school years and the first few years of college were horrible, but coming here always gave me something to look forward to, and I have you to thank for that Vex.

SRM is becoming bigger and bigger. If we get a Suikoden VI, do you guys think this site would go booming again? :P
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I am also surprised how my life has turned around since I returned to Japan. In hindsight, it was clearly a good decision for me. My illness has not relapsed so far, and medical bills are far cheaper than how it used to be in the USA.

I am extremely busy at work. I work for the Swedish-owned company Autoliv, which is not that well-known outside the auto industry, but still has over 40000 employees world-wide. My responsibility is quite wide unfortunately and I have no staff of my own for some reason. I really need a dozen or so people to manage all the issues. Naturally, I work late. These days I seem to be unable to go home before 12:00am.

In terms of Suikox, this site is basically run by myself and thus I can not forsee much change.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
My responsibility is quite wide unfortunately and I have no staff of my own for some reason. I really need a dozen or so people to manage all the issues. Naturally, I work late. These days I seem to be unable to go home before 12:00am.

I kinda know the feeling. My situation is more of that I've only been in the firm for less than 2 years but I have a very huge knowledge base so I'm pushed towards a bigger responsibility while my compensation remains the same as the people I started with. It's kinda not fair but it's whatever.

Hope you're at least getting paid well, Vex!

I looked up Autoliv and automotive safety is an industry I haven't heard much of but I think that's pretty cool. I'm looking at the financials of the company right now and heh, this kinda takes me back. I kinda wish I had pursued more of my career in finance but alas, programming seems a lot more natural to me.
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow..

It's hard to say anything meaningful when everything has been said..But thank you vextor. To be frank, I didn't even notice you that much and the only memories I have of you was your days back in suikosrouxe as an admin but I know how much you contributed to the community..Again, Thank you..I wish you the best of Health.

Man It's been over 12 years. I can't believe I'm back here... I remember joining the suikoden community way back in 7th grade..I was 5 inches shorter, my English was poor ( Still is, but much improved), I was in a different continent ( moved to two different continents ever since)I didn't have financial responsibilities, I didn't have to wake up early in the morning to make money. I was a kid. looking back, some of my post are cringe worthy. Now I know what many of you probably felt every time a 12 year old would post anything.

The community was basically the medium that introduced me to New cultures. It was my first time talking to people from different countries..I've never interacted with anyone besides my own kind, but stepping foot in suikosourxe and later on Suikox..I Felt like I was in SUIKODEN. All of a sudden, I was interacting with people from the USA, Europe, Canada ( I probably didn't even know where Canada is, yet I somehow manage to find myself living in Canada), Indonesia, Malaysia, South America, Japan, and South Africa..I felt like I was in the Suikoden World, at least Socially.

I was probably one of the youngest posters in Suikox ( I'm still in my early 20's). I learned better English here than School. I moved to Canada a few years back, and now that I think about it...Suikox, is a huge part of my development in terms of language, character, the way I think etc.

Suikoden 2 is now on PSN and looks like SRM is gaining some attention.

Vextor, if you do decide to end the site, would you be open to selling or handing the site over to anyone willing to operate and pay for the expenses?

I have a feeling with SRM's recent success, Suikoden 6 might be a possibility...And I doubted these guys 3 or 4 years ago.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Justice Johnny wrote:

Hope you're at least getting paid well, Vex!

I looked up Autoliv and automotive safety is an industry I haven't heard much of but I think that's pretty cool. I'm looking at the financials of the company right now and heh, this kinda takes me back. I kinda wish I had pursued more of my career in finance but alas, programming seems a lot more natural to me.

Most companies want to squeeze the most work out of you while paying as little as possible. Such is the nature of working for someone else instead of running your own business. Of course, I can not possibly run my own business-- I have no skill or ideas of my own.

Autoliv has incredibly strong financials. It is a very interesting company-- it is unlike most other automotive companies I have worked at or interacted with at all. In a way it functions more like a mutual fund... anyhow I can not talk much about this because of my contract.

shikator wrote:
Wow..
Thank you..I wish you the best of Health.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Quote:

Man It's been over 12 years. I can't believe I'm back here... I remember joining the suikoden community way back in 7th grade..I was 5 inches shorter, my English was poor ( Still is, but much improved), I was in a different continent ( moved to two different continents ever since)I didn't have financial responsibilities, I didn't have to wake up early in the morning to make money. I was a kid. looking back, some of my post are cringe worthy. Now I know what many of you probably felt every time a 12 year old would post anything.

The community was basically the medium that introduced me to New cultures. It was my first time talking to people from different countries..I've never interacted with anyone besides my own kind, but stepping foot in suikosourxe and later on Suikox..I Felt like I was in SUIKODEN. All of a sudden, I was interacting with people from the USA, Europe, Canada ( I probably didn't even know where Canada is, yet I somehow manage to find myself living in Canada), Indonesia, Malaysia, South America, Japan, and South Africa..I felt like I was in the Suikoden World, at least Socially.

I was probably one of the youngest posters in Suikox ( I'm still in my early 20's). I learned better English here than School. I moved to Canada a few years back, and now that I think about it...Suikox, is a huge part of my development in terms of language, character, the way I think etc.

I think that is one of the greatest things that happened with this site. We had members from all continents besides Antarctica, and generally a very tolerant and intelligent bunch. Of course, I had pretty much zero tolerance for bigotry and small-mindedness and fairly quickly reacted to any negative incidents with the ban-hammer, and I think it worked well. I generally think many internet communities are way too accepting of stupidity and negativity-- it quickly leads to the destruction of community. That sort of stuff needs to be fiercely protected but too many admins think it is best to let members resolve it through dialogue. That is just naivete.

Quote:

Suikoden 2 is now on PSN and looks like SRM is gaining some attention.

Vextor, if you do decide to end the site, would you be open to selling or handing the site over to anyone willing to operate and pay for the expenses?

I have a feeling with SRM's recent success, Suikoden 6 might be a possibility...And I doubted these guys 3 or 4 years ago.

I think people should create their own sites. I have seldom seen it work when someone else takes over a site. In the case of suikox, the coding is way to fucked up I doubt anybody can really comprehend it.

SRM is very successful. I am also included within their admin group for some unknown reason (I don't do jack shit).
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:

Haha, tell me about it, though I am quite happy that my posts as a teenager aren't as cringe-worthy as I expected them too (or perhaps I really lowered my standards for myself. xD)
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How are you guys searching your old posts? I just get an error message if I try to click anyone's profiles.

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function post_vars() on a non-object in /home/www/suikox.com/forum/includes/usercp_viewprofile.php on line 537

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
shikator

Akamaru

492303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
How are you guys searching your old posts? I just get an error message if I try to click anyone's profiles.

Quote:
Fatal error: Call to a member function post_vars() on a non-object in /home/www/suikox.com/forum/includes/usercp_viewprofile.php on line 537

I get the same error.

Just use the search function and click on whatever thread that shows.

Threads and Posts by..
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder how the template broke, but it seems like the template file went missing. It will take a while for me to fix that because I actually have no ftp editing software now, and I will also have to remember how to do stuff.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shikator wrote:

Honestly, I can say the exact same thing even though English is my native language. I was a pretty crappy writer in late middle school, and my writing and verbal expression dramatically improved when I began pumping out so much content on this forum (though plenty of that was garbage too). Members of this forum also helped to shape my character and my political and philosophical views. It has been very formative for me.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
I wonder how the template broke, but it seems like the template file went missing. It will take a while for me to fix that because I actually have no ftp editing software now, and I will also have to remember how to do stuff.

I could probably help you with that when I get back on my desktop. I am betting that there is a hack referenced on line 537 which may have been faulty but unless I saw the usercp_viewprofile.php file, I cannot say for certain.

It's been ages since I dug around my own forum files that I'd have to jog my memory as well but if you'd like me to give you a hand, just shoot me a PM.

Tonberry wrote:
Honestly, I can say the exact same thing even though English is my native language. I was a pretty crappy writer in late middle school, and my writing and verbal expression dramatically improved when I began pumping out so much content on this forum (though plenty of that was garbage too). Members of this forum also helped to shape my character and my political and philosophical views. It has been very formative for me.

I think my own writing improved as a result of the explosion of Falena-related fiction. It's too bad I never finished the story I had started way back when and really only remember fragments of what I was going to write.

What I really miss was the community during that period, though it could be difficult to be active on the forums while simultaneously being active on MSN/Windows Live or IRC. I can remember some really odd debates on #suikox.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
How are you guys searching your old posts?

I go to the Grassland forum. xD

I quite understand why syb and Celes always smacked us around with the whiffle bat. We were quite the handful.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:

What I really miss was the community during that period, though it could be difficult to be active on the forums while simultaneously being active on MSN/Windows Live or IRC. I can remember some really odd debates on #suikox.

I don't remember the debates, so much as me mainly just "/me rides Elc"ing--I imagine that was quite the nuisance. ;)

Those days were fun though. I still pop into the IRC at #suikox from time to time and I am amazed to see that it's still populated by a handful of people.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: