Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tournament of Champions - The Nation Battle Tournament
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would run the simulator and post the results in its own thread, so that the results would be visible to all spectators. Therefore, the results would be public knowledge. Therefore, even if I'm a participant the knowledge would be known to each member of this forum. Also, the idea of a national tryout would be great. I am certainly going to tryout the project in my national forum first if my Queen will allow me to do so. But, I'd also like for each nation to be involved in choosing their own members to participate since there will be a reward for the team that wins.

Remember that I'm planning on breaking things down into divisions, so that even newer members have a chance to win something and be represented. The breakdown is still difficult to come up with. I think by basing it on levels through an increment of 5, would make the tournament too large, but if there is a consensus as to that being the best idea, I could work with that. Personally, I'd like it to be at least 10 since it'll be a team effort. The idea for a group of 9 with the first to 5 wins advancing is the best I think we can do. I will definitely take down the names of any person who is willing to help out. ;-)

As for giving actual material to work with, I don't plan to present the actual work until the project is given a go ahead by SARSadmin. Once, he appears to have an interest in the project then I will PM or email him my ideas and the overall layout of the bracket system and how the whole tournament would work out. The reason for doing this is not to give out too much information just in case SARSadmin is working on a similar project. This can also prevent the pilfering of ideas. lol. Just kidding!

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that this idea has some potential. I have a suggestion though.
Quote:

I would run the simulator and post the results in its own thread,

If you are going to run it in this manner, I highly reccomend that you get some people from other nations to help you out. You would not have anybody run the battles of anybody from their country, or at the very least not run any battles they are in. The point of this is just to try to eliminate any possible doubt of cheating by anyone. I'm not saying you or anyone else would lie about results(and in most cases you could tell), but it is always a good idea to eliminate any doubts that people might have.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a good idea Ranadiel. That way we could make sure that no one does a duel more than once to get a result they're satisfied with. I would hope that no one would cheat, but I would like to have members from each nation involved in the tournament. This goes back to my idea of each nation hosting a tryout to determine entries for each team. Then, we can have random judges chosen, on a voluntary process of course. Then we would associate these judges to battles that are not associated with their individual nations. Of course, the judges would remain anonymous.

MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will be willing to help you, if you need my help.

I like this idea, and I hope that it will work out in the end.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will help you too, if you so wish Revolving Sphere. I would gladly do my best to help, for this is a great sounding idea. I hope that is works out.

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be sure to enlist all of you who volunteered to help me out if this project is allowed to move forward. So, once again, I thank everyone for their input. Hopefully, this project can move forward.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Instead of sending 30, 70, or 300 members into one bracketed tournament, why not hold regional tournaments and only send out the top qualifiers from each nation? That way each nation board can hold its own tournament, then the finals can be held in a public forum between the regional champions?

And just to note here, Shadow Wolf and I have already devised a duel-knockout system for our monthly Olymipc games, and it really is a thing of beauty. Because the duel generator that SARSadmin created favors those with higher stats or those who've simply been here the longest, it decreases the chances for the average-joe member who wants to compete. So I would suggest using a system that steers away from individual stats and focuses on another way of determining the outcomes that levels the playing field. Just a suggestion.

I can't devulge further because then I'll be breaking the first rule of Harmonia, which can be seen in my sig. I'll leave it up to your own wiles to figure something out, hehe. ;)

Best of luck on your project!

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Your idea sounds good Revolving Sphere, and I hope it all works out smoothly for what ever plan you implement in the end. Since so many people are ready to help you out, plus with even more giving you suggestions and their own ideas, things should move along at a nice rate. And yeah it goes without saying, if you ever need more help you know where your nation lives... :?:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: