Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Revival? What you say?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Results posted via Facebook group should be pretty simple, especially if the results are still generated in an analog way similar to the old system.

A more automated system is also definitely possible with a Facebook or Chrome app, or something of the sort. Not my strength, but as far as I know these can be not too complicated to put together.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does this mean I need to have a Facebook account?

:|

I've purposefully avoided one thus far. I don't want the man (read: family) knowing what I'm doing.

But I guess I could make one specifically for the game couldn't I? And not use my real name.

^Actual quote!
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd personally sit out if it turned strictly Facebook-based/focused.

My making a Twitter account turned out useless/pointless enough....but Facebook?

NEVER!

I'd sooner randomly join Tumblr or livestream first (er...though I can't quite understand the latter anyway...)

*cough* er...but I digress.....
it's your choice how you want to go...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Facebook is a useful means of gathering people together, but if we're just looking at using a Facebook group to post updates it's not really any more useful than a forum such as this, or any other sort of blog.

What were you think about using Facebook specifically for, besides the convenience of it, Vexie? :o

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's not just facebook, but also any other SNS program. Thus, everything will still take place on this site. I want to make it so people who use facebook, twitter, etc can see updates in other ways besides having to come to this site. That'll increase exposure and interest as unrelated people will start to see strange updates and wonder "what the heck is this thing?"

People who don't use any of those SNS type stuff need not worry. I'm simply interested in the technology for personal reasons (and perhaps as a way to generate income, etc).
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When the updates aren't only posted on facebook but also here I'd be interested.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I definitely think having updates posted through that sort of thing would be a benefit for me at least. I check Facebook more often than I check these forums at the moment. And hell, if it is a means to roll in some money then why not. And if the forums will still be here as the main source then there's really nothing to lose. :)

eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ViktorFan wrote:
When the updates aren't only posted on facebook but also here I'd be interested.

What Vex seems to be saying is that he wishes to increase where the results are posted to this forum and elsewhere as both a means to get others interested and thus building profile again, and providing other courses of possible income.

It does not appear to be a "we'll have a game which runs here and port everything else over to the SNS forms" that some seem to think.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, just as Fly said-- I'll have to make stuff happen mainly within suikox.com-- otherwise I'll have very limited control over content, and I wouldn't want that.

However, I'd like to play around with new technology as well. The situation is very different from back in 2004 when the old game was launched. People still used pagers back then! Some people were still on dial-up modems!
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Throwing my name into the ring as an interested party. The ol' verbose Red is lurking and ready to fight with Nameless valor. Even if the Nameless Lands aren't a nation anymore.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor wrote:
Some people were still on dial-up modems!

Shamelessly stole ard's favourite image.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well. Looks like I lurked in at the right time~
Glad to see a lot of familiar people lurking~
I can't really promise the same tsunami posting me and Mark used to do,
but i'll be watching for this new system for sure!

Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new game could be nice, count me in. I'm curious though, Vex--is this something you're really motivated to do, and carry through with to its completion? Or might the actual process of putting it together exhaust you before it even gets going?

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agahnim wrote:
A new game could be nice, count me in. I'm curious though, Vex--is this something you're really motivated to do, and carry through with to its completion? Or might the actual process of putting it together exhaust you before it even gets going?

Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought that it might be a shame if we all geared ourselves up for a new game that never really came to fruition--as it is by now a familiar sensation. But the mere possibility of such an occurrence need not, and in my own case certainly will not, dampen enthusiasm for a new game.

It would help, I think, if it was something that could get off the ground quickly. Many of the ideas in this thread are excellent, but we need not get ahead of ourselves. Many things that sound wonderful can perhaps at times be too ambitious, or too time-consuming. I don't want to sound like a negative nelly, but I would just like to sound a note of caution. I share the very same ardour for a revival which has been echoed in this thread, but a certain amount of diligence will be required in order to breathe life into it.

I always liked it when I felt there to be the most symmetry between the play style of the Suikox war game, and the Koei Romance of the Three Kingdoms games. If a new game was to be more centred around distinct individuals, perhaps the tenth instalment of ROTK could be taken as something of a model.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: