Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Dunan Unification War and World War II
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reideen

Silver Arrow

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
liebensraum

It's "Lebensraum" (means : places to live)

Well....Suikoden II took many things from old Chinese Wars back when it was a land full of wars. But...thats the whole Suikodenworld.
George_Prime

21st Infantry Division

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did any of u people forget that Hitler was a cold hearted killer? He was responable of 6 million deaths, those were just the jews, dont forget gypsy's, homosexuals, communists and the soldiers from the other nations. So actually probably around 10 million deaths. Now dont get me wrong besides all of that horrible stuff hitler was a good leader for the german people, he brought germany back up to a world power in only a matter of years, germany at the time was in the great great depression were germans were burning there money to stay warm, and by the 1940's germans were all living in a good envirement and the germans loved hitler for that. Now in suikoden 2 Luca Blight dident attack the City-State out of mean of race, sexuallity or relegion, he did it out of revenge from what happend to him when he was a young child. So in reality the two wars are nothing alike.

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say the main thing that the parallel is lacking is the other fronts that existed in World War II...since there truly were a lot more nations involved in that conflict - but otherwise, a number of reasonably good parallels here. I'm not sure what I agree with paralleling Luca Blight with Hitler as much, though...I never got the impression, at least, that Highland had been going through tough times before Luca organized them to battle the City-State. Also, Luca just seemed to be totally driven by the desire to annihilate the City-State and its citizens, rather than simply using them as leverage to increase his own power.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll give that to you... you made a very interesting read.

Almost feels like a thesis paper if I wasn't so sure that nobody unfamiliar with Suikoden would end up getting it, and who would base a thesis paper on a videogame? Sounds like collegiate suicide.

Anyways... like to see any more of this theory if you got it.

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Suikoden 4 also has a bit of WW2 in it.
Iluya could be like Poland, when Germany [ Kooluk ] captured [ Blasted ] the country [ Island ], Great Britain and France [ Obel ] warned Germany [ Actually prepared for war only ].

When Iluya fell, Obel retreated to the pirate's nest, like the europeans retreating to great britain.

Its not exactly true but we can say that the US [ Gaien ] did not provide military support for France [ Razril ] when they were attacked or rather, betrayed.

For now, i guess that nearly all i can research on.

Very nice theory tho, congrates
aaroncorrales32

2857 Potch
30 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, first of all, I like the fact of the comparison between two totally different things, namely, WWII and Dunan Unification War. It's pretty interesting. I give it a perfect score of ten. I like you're idea of comparing many things. That's good sound thinking. I really like it. By the way, Where did you get those ideas? it's rather impressive of you to do this. Have you been doing some research lately? Well, if there are more things you've wanted to add, I'll be looking forward to read those.
Kurt Angle

Lunar Dragon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I've seen of the Suikoden games thus far (1, 2 and 5 along with the manga of 3), each one of the games brings some kind of element of WWI or WWII, in my oppion.

In Suikoden 2, Highland invades, their allies (Karyana and Harmonia) attacked Jowston while the liberators and their allies (Toran) repelled them. Although everyone else has said a better part for 2 than I did here.

In 5 it could be said just about the same way. Only, the techicallities (sp?) would be a tad bit different.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
each one of the games brings some kind of element of WWI or WWII, in my oppion.

I think it is just because thses two wars are best known of all the many wars, because in school, television and sometimes even an ordinary discussion is about these two wars. I am sure we could show similiarities between one of the five Suikoden games plus the Gaidens and any other war ever waged. This is because if you tell a story about a war many people will relate it to the war they know the most about, in this case WWI and WWII.

The Fool
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh.... interesting.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: