Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Centennial Tapestry (PSP) Announced At TGS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Suikoden Centennial Tapestry (PSP) Announced At TGS! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New Suikoden announced at TGS:

Name translated by duckroll as Suikoden: Centennial Tapestry.

Official website: http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/100-years/

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySAlckdIaic

Coverage from 4gamer: http://www.4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20110917006/

Pesmerga: "Hmmm. I thought that if I pursued Neclord, I'd run into Yuber."

Last edited by Pesmerga on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

awesome! hope you don't mind, i've taken your info and posted it at suikosource. (crediting you)
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't mind at all :)

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On one hand I'm really overwhelmed with feelings taht a new Suiko game is finally made on the other hand if it's going to be as similar as Tierkreis I'll hold back my enthusiasm :(
xxmadmaxx

135 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

anyone know if it will make it to the states?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would hope so, but the last PSP release didn't make it out of Japan, so I'm not holding my breath.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
KFCrispy

51948 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

btw Pesmerga your link for 4gamer is broken. take off that [/img] part...
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elc wrote:
I would hope so, but the last PSP release didn't make it out of Japan, so I'm not holding my breath.

That was the re-release of SI and SII right? I'm hoping that because this game is, presumably, new ground and hopefully will appeal to old fans and new players alike, that it will get brought over.

Really would have liked to see that game brought over too though =(

8205 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's been too long since I posted here....

The trailer and the logo both do look like the game is going to be more similar to Tierkreis than to the original series... But nevertheless it's good to see a new Suikoden title being developed. (I had been feeling quite down ever since it was announced that the Suikoden team had disbanded, so this is a pleasant surprise indeed)

A comment about the trailer though... Is that a Circle Rune at the 10s mark?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Unlikely, I'd put it more as a runic representation of a spell (red being fire as a guess) given that the runes tend to be presented by their shape above the hand in almost every instance you can think of, and that often representation of magic which needs incantations are done circularly (to form chains / links) I'd just put this as conjuring a spell and nothing more unless otherwise stated.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
Unlikely, I'd put it more as a runic representation of a spell (red being fire as a guess) given that the runes tend to be presented by their shape above the hand in almost every instance you can think of, and that often representation of magic which needs incantations are done circularly (to form chains / links) I'd just put this as conjuring a spell and nothing more unless otherwise stated.

plus they didn't had anything like real runes in Tierkreis, it was more like generic magic/skills each character had if I remember correctly feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
NeonMouko

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So many conflicting emotions about this...

On the one hand, naturally I'm thrilled at a new Suikoden being developed. I had pretty much given up hope that I'd ever hear that name again. At least, attached to anything new.

On the other hand, this looks like it's another Tierkreis game. Admittedly, I liked Tierkreis. It wasn't an awful game, and I did have fun playing it. But it wasn't the world I had grown to love, the world that I wanted to learn more about. There's still so much left unanswered in that world, the world that I wanted to see continued. And judging by the fact that this new game in no way touches that world at all, it is really looking like it will never be answered.

Is it too much to ask for at least a book...? It doesn't have to be a novel, just a guide book talking about all the backstory that had been hinted at that will probably never come to light.

Still, I'm going to reserve judgment on this game until I've had a chance to play it. ...Assuming I get that chance. Which leads to my other conflicting emotion - will this get localized? The PSP seems pretty dead, considering the VITA is going to be released this December. Unless this game is released within the month and a translation already complete, it's going to be released after the new system is already available. Will Konami decide that there's no point in bringing it over? I think that prospect upsets me more than this being another Tierkreis.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:

plus they didn't had anything like real runes in Tierkreis, it was more like generic magic/skills each character had if I remember correctly feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

It was a "mark of the star" they're actually relatively similar when you think about it as they are a physical mark on the body which allows for the individual to gain actions or advancements, not too dissimilar to embedding multiple runes on one self (re Crowley's backstory) thus being branded with several runes, to then be able to cast multiple spells or effects (much like suiko2 with Head - Left - Right slots) it was merely the fact that they were not runes and had no ties to the series that people were upset about, they function quite similarly.

NeonMouko wrote:
Still, I'm going to reserve judgment on this game until I've had a chance to play it. ...Assuming I get that chance. Which leads to my other conflicting emotion - will this get localized? The PSP seems pretty dead, considering the VITA is going to be released this December. Unless this game is released within the month and a translation already complete, it's going to be released after the new system is already available. Will Konami decide that there's no point in bringing it over? I think that prospect upsets me more than this being another Tierkreis.

It was my first concern as well, all well and good to have a new game but the warning bells, especially for one in a PAL region ends up ringing rather soon when the other PSP effort never saw the light of day in the West and a single effort (Suiko3) got put in the too hard basket and only released to half the west to begin with. The Vita should do nothing for the sales projections though, Sony are not dropping the PSP label cold turkey and will continue supporting it, if anything they're simply devaluing the product and thus reducing costs with the recent model announcement for PAL regions (PSP E1000).

So if they're still creating revisions of the handheld today (even if it's just to remove items to reduce costs and engage new demographics) ti does allow for support in the years to come.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
NeonMouko wrote:

It was my first concern as well, all well and good to have a new game but the warning bells, especially for one in a PAL region ends up ringing rather soon when the other PSP effort never saw the light of day in the West and a single effort (Suiko3) got put in the too hard basket and only released to half the west to begin with. The Vita should do nothing for the sales projections though, Sony are not dropping the PSP label cold turkey and will continue supporting it, if anything they're simply devaluing the product and thus reducing costs with the recent model announcement for PAL regions (PSP E1000).

So if they're still creating revisions of the handheld today (even if it's just to remove items to reduce costs and engage new demographics) ti does allow for support in the years to come.

Assuming the Vita is not backwards compatible or is just another "offshoot" for the PSP like the PSPGo was...there is a possibility that they could release it on both the PSP & Vita....that is....if Konami US thinks it's not a money sink....

Kind of like how HM:ToTT originally was only on the DS in Japan but when it was localized over here several months later (and after the 3DS was released) they released not only a DS version but a 3DS version....of the game.
............then again......Natsume =/= Konami so it might be a moot example....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pesmerga

22556 Potch
34 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New info from Famitsu!

PSP 《幻想水滸伝 交织的百年时光》
・主角和迷之少年ゼ ;フォン一起穿越到100 4180;前
・无线LAN对应
・角色
主人公 (CV:神谷浩史)
ジーノ (CV:福山潤)
ミュラ (CV:井上麻里奈)
ゼフォン (CV:梶裕貴)
デュ-カス (CV:小西克幸)

English courtesy of Andriasang:

Fully Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, this new entry in Konami's RPG franchise tells the story a group of characters who rise up to defeat a beast that appears every 100 years and destroys everything. The main character is apparently sent 100 years back into the past by a mysterious girl named Zephon.

Characters introduced in the magazine include: the main character (voiced by Hiroshi Kamiya), Jino (Jun Fukuyama), Myura (Marina Inoue), Zephon (Yuuki Kaji) and Ducasse (Katsuyuki Konishi)

Scan: http://i.imgur.com/YZc1b.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: