Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am finally a bookseller. I moved on regarding forums for the most part.

But I still think of SuikoX to the place that wanted to learn me English... Damn it for not really succeeding, though :D

The Fool
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I live with Jorge and we're going into our sixth year together.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
stardragonsword

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm on my last year of school,and I'm not sure what will happen after that...
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Graduated as Event- & Projectmanager last June. Summertemp at an insurance company until the end of August to earn some quick money before I recommence my Master education in Cultural Management.

After that... fulfilling my bethrotal vows I assume?

Kind regards
Alucard

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Good to see so many familiar avatars. Back in the day, I used to check in on this website every morning before I went to school, spend as much as four hours after school before I went to sleep, and would often spend whole weekend afternoons posting back-and-forth in Zexen. Not as much free time these days. Once a fifteen-year-old, I'm now going to be twenty-two in a couple of weeks. I've been a member of SuikoX for a notably large part of my life.

I'm currently living in Amsterdam, studying as part of my English and History degree for one year at the Universiteit van Amsterdam. Starting to settle in, and meeting a lot of amazing people from all over the world. Sao Paulo, Massachusetts, Texas, Barcelona, The Czech Republic, South Korea, Singapore, Shanghai...the list goes on. I've not experienced such a mix of cultures and nationalities since my time on this website.

I've also been assisting my parents with their new retail venture, working on its website and helping out on the tills. While I can't do the latter from Amsterdam, I can do the former, and is what allows me to afford the great expenses in moving to a strange, strange city.

Creatively, I've been working on my first novel, having completed a number of short stories and sharpening my technique. It's the first in a series that has been boiling in my mind for many years, I'm determined to write them whether they are published or not. I've planned out the plots for seven books so far, and will undoubtedly find more stories worth writing. Considering it was the Suikoden series that made me want to become a writer, having experienced the appeal of a deep, rich fictional setting, and realising that I can try to make some as well, it's a further indication of the affect that Suikoden has had on me.

It's great to see so many of you moving onto new and exciting periods of your lives. Considering the intelligent regulars this site attracted, nothing less should have been expected.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Away For: 1393 days

.... heh, I had no idea this place was still breathing.

Me? Finishing my university degree in Psychology after I realized my first course wasn't what I was really interested in. In the meantime I've been to Malaysia for a couple months on an internship & currently work part-time for a nonprofit (no money, of course, but it's tons of fun for me so yeah). Physically I'm still the same, although I do believe my alcohol tolerance has substantially improved (not that it sucked when I was still posting here).

New interests.... I read a lot more these days. Spend a lot of time on Reddit's NoSleep section because there are some seriously talented writers there. Sporadically play League of Legends (really only when I'm bored and my younger brother eggs me to).

This place brings so much nostalgia. I should go check the battle archives later!

EDIT: Hey, cool, I got 2760 Potch!

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was recently picked up by Google. I can't tell you what I work on, unfortunately.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We already know. You continue to bring the antichrist to fruition. Google is as evil as Apple!

~Uguu!~
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
I was recently picked up by Google.

We warned you about talking to creepy strangers in those conspicuously unmarked vans!

Quote:
I can't tell you what I work on, unfortunately.

It's obvious, isn't it? Fro Yo.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Xelinis

2985 Potch
0 Soldiers
21837 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonberry wrote:
I was recently picked up by Google. I can't tell you what I work on, unfortunately.

Which office? Mountain View? Seattle? New York?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, picked up by Google! That's awesome! We seem to have members who ended up in some pretty cool places.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for work in Japan and haven't had much luck. Over 100 jobs applied and about 20 interviews and still nothing. I just had a third interview with a certain company, and am hoping they'll hire me, but who knows. I'll probably go to Tokyo next week for two or three interviews.

Preparing for interviews and looking for work has been taking an inordinate amount of time. It's almost a full time job in itself (although it doesn't pay).
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm co-owner of a comic book shop, also I do lots of odd jobs and got engaged once about 2 years ago. :P
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Last posted in may of 2010... Sheesh, it seems like forever.

I quit my old job as a journalist and went back to school. I'm in medical school now, hoping to scrape by and become a physical therapist. We'll see how that goes.
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently teaching English in China.

Prior to that I was working two jobs; your regular desk-jockey paper pushing type of thing for the government($14.50/hr) and freelance writing for an online ad company (about $200 a week), making enough to survive, but not really liking the 9-5 life. I have also been intermittently trying to write a book in my spare time.

I have no idea what I plan to do when I return home; teach more overseas (thought not in China) or pick up more 'conventional' work back home.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vincent Chase wrote:
I'm currently teaching English in China.
That sounds fun. My parents are always saying I should go teach or tutor english in Taiwan.

My mandarin speaking skills are rather poor though so I don't think I could effectively teach them since I would fail at trying to explain it to them in mandarin in the first place...

That and I eventually get bored of staying in Taiwan when we take our month-long trips there.... a whole year of being there? I'm not sure if my sanity will survive....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: