Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: What do you do now? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really haven't been around for about three years, so I'm curious to learn what people are doing these days. A lot can change in three years, after all. People who were in college will likely be done, and those who were in highschool would likely be elsewhere. Some people may have family now, who knows.

My situation hasn't changed at all. Still in Ohio. I'm still going through the same chemo treatment and the condition of my illness is more or less the same.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm more or less the same as well. Still living in Houston doing shift work that my body hates me for and not much else.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I spend a few months in the army, worked in different boring jobs and am now a bookseller, something I really wanted to be. Had two serious relationships in the last three years (and both women are engaged by now, although neither with me nor with each other).

I have learned a lot about me regarding the internet and forums in the meantime and I became more relaxed and mature in many aspects during those three years. I believe I grow up not steadily, but with big leaps from time to time.

The Fool
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm about to graduate college in December with a Bachelor's of Arts degree in English with a Professional Writing minor.
Jowy Atreides

486378 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Matured, aged, "got a life", got a job delivering pizzas, getting my Bachelor's next May.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am now a graduate student, which is something I did not expect to do when I first joined Suikox as a high school student. I'll probably start teaching college-level courses in the next few months, if circumstances stay positive.

Glad to see you again, Vex!

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nothing too exciting, just gained a general disinterest in most of the things I used to do.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zaleria wrote:
I am now a graduate student, which is something I did not expect to do when I first joined Suikox as a high school student. I'll probably start teaching college-level courses in the next few months, if circumstances stay positive.

Glad to see you again, Vex!

This too. Though I've been a grad student for a year now.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm about to start pharmacy school at the end of the month. I should have a bachelors in health science, but for frustrating reasons I have to wait to receive it, if at all. It would be a pointless degree, but would make my 5 years of college worth something.

*Also the Starbucks I worked at was closed and now I work in a pharmacy, which is nice.

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I reenlisted in the US Air Force earlier this year, and I will be continuing my tour overseas at another base for another year or so. I've been trying to get some schooling towards a bachelor's degree done by taking classes here and there; these days you need school to progress even in the military.

Gotta say, didn't forsee a situation where I'd reenlist a few years ago. Life is sometimes funny like that.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not much has happened since I was here last... 3 years ago? I just randomly decided to check back.

I enrolled in college, dropped out, lost contact with some friends, attended a couple funerals, started seeing a counselor for my anxiety and got a temp job as a textbook clerk at the local community college. I plan on trying my hand at college again before long.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I ditto the not much sentiment, still got knocked back from work due to age primarily, started helping out the local sporting club out of the goodness of my being for some cash, skipped some weddings cause they didn't invite me and I'm not one to push (although one was dress up so I was suitably unimpressed, I love dress up!) getting back to try reconnecting with old friends as we've all basically gone out separate ways.

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the only change I've had is I bought a condo, so now I'm a homeowner and staring at a 30 year mortgage. Not too thrilled with that aspect of it, but owning my own place is nice. Other than that, still doing the sailor stuff.

~Uguu!~
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Starting my Junior year of University. Working a couple of part time jobs for the summer. Not too much different for me, really. Just goin' to school. I have absolutely no clue where I'm going to be going 2 years from now, though. Maybe this question will have a more interesting answer then!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to learn of all the paths people are taking, whether it has dramatically changed or remained steady. While I've been focusing on my illness and work, I've often thought of all the people I've interacted with on this site, and realized how these interactions had a huge impact on me as well (back in 2006 or something it all just seemed annoying!).

I hope to re-create the same type of atmosphere where many people can discuss a wide range of interesting stuff without fear of being interrupted by trolls and morons. Going to other sites, it seems to be universally the case that good discussion becomes nearly impossible due to trolls and other strange people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: