Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vincent Chase

1st H.A.C - Spread Your Love

314554 Potch
0 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
Vincent Chase wrote:
I'm currently teaching English in China.
That sounds fun. My parents are always saying I should go teach or tutor english in Taiwan.

My mandarin speaking skills are rather poor though so I don't think I could effectively teach them since I would fail at trying to explain it to them in mandarin in the first place...

That and I eventually get bored of staying in Taiwan when we take our month-long trips there.... a whole year of being there? I'm not sure if my sanity will survive....

Trust me dude, I eat more bullshit than the Human Centipede over here, and I hate it, but I think that Taiwan is dope. Here is a fresh picture of me looking hot, even if I weighed about 200 when I got here and am now 175.

My Mandarin (hilariously enough 'Mandarin' here is just called 'Chinese') is dog shit; I can count, I can order some food and I can get laid, that's just about it. Not that it's a complicated language; you just have the four tones to deal with and that's a big pain in the ass; in my opinion it's a stupid language, too much form, not enough function.

If you want to teach ESL and have a degree, go to Japan instead. I love my kids, but the adults can choke on my dick.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well let's see... I guess in the last 3 years I've ran up a mountain of debt being unemployed in Greenville, moved home to work off my debt, and went through 5 jobs in the course of one calender year but out of debt (at the moment). During that year I got hit by a car while longboarding home from trivia one night. It broke my femur and I now permanently have three screws and a titanium rod in my leg. The kicker is that the police officer ticketed me for "Pedestrian Failing To Yield To A Motor Vehicle". So didn't get no money out of that and I couldn't walk for a month.

Finally nailed down a job with a pizza place in town. Not the best money and not really going to get me back and finished with school, but I really like the people there. Got my first mgmt position out of it and I'm coming up on 1 year with the job in December.

Love life's going well. There's these two girls I've been hanging out with a lot lately that are coworkers, which could get dicey. Met them outside of work through a few friends. They're strippers. Life's funny that way, I guess.

One thing I have been enjoying a lot though since my life kinda derailed from the college track, is that I've had a lot more time to work on art. Especially this year now that my work life has settled down and I got my license back. O, also got a DUI way back when I was 19, maybe right after the game stopped. That's a big pain in the butt, don't drink and drive.

All things considered though, I'm pretty happy right now. It's a strange mix of contentment and ease because the last few years have not been particularly kind. It won't last too long though. I do have to go ahead and get back to school sometime soon. Pizza's may pay bachelor bills, but they certainly don't pay big kid bills.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You so crazy, Acheron.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vincent Chase wrote:
Not that it's a complicated language; you just have the four tones to deal with and that's a big pain in the ass; in my opinion it's a stupid language, too much form, not enough function.
...I think you might've missed my mentioning it.... but I am technically Taiwanese by blood... Born in America however. (ABT - American born Taiwanese)

I don't know about "mainland China's" views.... but 'Mandarin' is the politically correct word as "Cantonese," "Taiwanese" "Mandarin" etc. are all different dialects that somewhere along the line has incorrectly been collectively known as "Chinese" .

My Mandarin is decently good, my Taiwanese decently good (but probably only half as good as my Mandarin). But I do not understand Cantonese one bit.
Thus people really need to differentiate between them if you are talking about the languages.

Fun fact: Mandarin has 4 only tones, but Taiwanese has 8 tones.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, the ol' Putonghua. I took a class about 4 years ago. I wish I had kept practicing so I could remember more. I also thought Mandarin was a very simple language to speak/listen. No verb tenses if I remember correctly.

Nimen shi wo de pengyouren! Or something along those lines!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Almost finished university, should be doing a masters soon. Times have changed!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Been out of the military for a while now, and I'll finally be finishing up a degree in history and philosophy this spring. Not sure what I'll be doing from there. I'm not going to get into grad school if I don't learn a language--I could probably pass the bare minimum for Spanish, but it's useless for my interests. I'll either try to find a low key job and keep studying as a hobby or else take a year off to learn something more relevant and apply for a masters. German and Russian are options, but my biggest interests demand Chinese. The problem is I highly doubt I can attain any level of proficiency in that in one year.

Internet-wise I've been keeping active on Tull's site and still idle on irc, but the old days of forums like Suikox are sadly dead and gone. I frequent FFShrine's video game music forum, and that's about it.
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Third year in college now. Will be legal for me to consume alcohol in America in about five months. Just so everyone feels old -- I was 12 when I joined this forum. Go for Information Technology and Web Science/Civil Engineering at a private technological university in Upstate New York. Won't say the name for privacy purposes, but do feel free to Google exactly what I said and then proceed to stalk me. So I design websites that can be used on special bridge terminals. I just made that up. I'm starting to question my combination choice. Oh, dear.

Since I disappeared from the community, I mostly just watch TV and movies. Video games are pretty rare now. And work part time and go to school full time. My frequently visited Internet sites include reddit and reddit. And reddit too.

Android is my smartphone of choice. Raw denim jeans are my pants of choice. Is there anything else? I'm also probably a lot more pretentious than I used to be.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito wrote:
Nimen shi wo de pengyouren! Or something along those lines!
I actually understood that =)
Even though I think the pinyin system is severely messed up... me and my bro are always making fun of it when we get one of those "learn chinese" fortune cookies where they have the pinyin of the characters on it.

EDIT: I guess I'll mention this since I didn't really before but I've kinda transitioned back to lurking/hanging around Gaiaonline (I have a love/hate thing with that place really...if you missed me mentioning that here and there...)

Otherwise only other place I semi-regularly check these days is the Suikoden-FC club on dA (which I'm a 'co-founder' of) and Max's site... although I was MIA from dA for the past several weeks cuz of NaNoWriMo and my grad class I guess...

I don't really go onto 'chat' things' anymore save for the built in 'meebo' on Gaia.... (And this is coming from someone who used to be signed into MSN messenger 24/7)

I actually don't even really sit on my laptop anymore except to watch and organize my anime.... mostly on the weekends though I sometimes do it in the middle of the week too... (And of course you'll see me regularly update my MAL with the anime I watch of course)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Weyoun wrote:
Third year in college now. Will be legal for me to consume alcohol in America in about five months. Just so everyone feels old -- I was 12 when I joined this forum. Go for Information Technology and Web Science/Civil Engineering at a private technological university in Upstate New York. Won't say the name for privacy purposes, but do feel free to Google exactly what I said and then proceed to stalk me. So I design websites that can be used on special bridge terminals. I just made that up. I'm starting to question my combination choice. Oh, dear.

Since I disappeared from the community, I mostly just watch TV and movies. Video games are pretty rare now. And work part time and go to school full time. My frequently visited Internet sites include reddit and reddit. And reddit too.

Android is my smartphone of choice. Raw denim jeans are my pants of choice. Is there anything else? I'm also probably a lot more pretentious than I used to be.

Weyoun. Come back into my life.

Pretension is my jam.

That is all. ;)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Weyoun

Jem'Hadar

221521 Potch
100 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splodey goes the Gil- wrote:

Weyoun. Come back into my life.

Pretension is my jam.

That is all. ;)

But of course. If that's your jam, I'm like a factory. It keeps coming out and there's no end. oh my

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh man, nice to see familiar names and people stilll dropping by here.

An article on kotaku got me to the "Suikoden Revival Movement" thing from facebook which got me here again. You guys should check that out if you haven't.

I first came here when I was 12, and now I'm in my third year of college taking up Graphic Design. Time sure flies. Good times.

I don't really frequent on the internet much anymore outside of facebook, but I drop by on the Henshin Justice forums (Seigi) and DeviantArt (Zveirn) from time to time.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's see. I earned my MA in English, student-taught last spring, became a full-time sub for the district, and will be applying for grad school (again) in the fall before I go on my merry way. It's not that I dislike teaching, but I want to pursue other endeavors.

Other than that, I am still keeping frost giants at bay.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
St. Ajora

SOUL PATROL!

-98944 Potch
-54 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Goddamnit, everyone grew up. Chronologically, anyway (in my case). It seems like a lifetime since I joined at 17 years of age.

Self-employed.

Yoga girl.

Doomed to wander, me thinks.

I'm sorry, Traz. You were my best friend and quite possibly the most complex dynamic I've ever experienced.

I guess I can still be melodramatic. LE SIGH.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This thread makes me really nostalgic. I was also 17 when I joined here as well. So much has happened, but this place always seemed like a kind of anchor for my "online life".

Very nice to see people coming out and posting here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: