Suikoden United and Infamous Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What do you do now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoX had its share of heated discussion, though. Some people took the game really to their heart, were emotionally involved and took things personally.

However, it was not trolling and it was always fun (to me, at least). The sense of community was amazing and not something you could find at many places.

I sure hope we can get back to that.

The Fool
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got made redundant, got a new job (which is much closer and cuts about 2 hours commuting time off each day!) and had two kids, two boys one of which is nearly 2 1/2 and the other is 9 months.

In doing so I also lost 99% of any free time I might of had... Kids are time-consuming...

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado--digging the signature!

Don't I know it about the kids--I'm at the age where all my friends are having children, and sometimes it seems like I never see them anymore! C'est la vie, I suppose.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well... I am 33 now, working in the food industry with spice mixtures for all sorts of meat. And of course I am still hoping for a proper Suikoden 6... well.. I don't count on it... but still.
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Finished College, Finished law school, and now i am a Criminal Defense attorney. So alot has changed.

Hopefully you can get this place interesting again Vex. I used to check in here every day when it was rolling.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got much more responsibility at work, lead 2 teams now, have to implement health management, have a side job and bake cakes in a café nearby, sold the condo, bought a new and bigger one, celebrated the daughter's 18th birthday this year, agree with decado that kids are time-consuming (but it gets better when they're 12+ or so, dec ;-)... ).
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Pretty much the same here really, work has been busy and the project have been great!

Oh and I got married!
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Senior in college. Tutoring writing for younger students. Teaching Latin and Ancient Greek to noobs. New girlfriend. Rock climbing. Playing some Shogi. Running a lot. Muscle building a lot. More hair. Using a Mac now. Much more confident and outgoing. Quite into Doctor Who these days. Finally developed a philosophical system that satisfies me for the time being. Flossing daily now. Still hilarious. Cocky as ever. Studied abroad in Rome last fall.

Still playing Suikoden III regularly.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Got Engaged, was unengaged. Went to move into the big city, made a LOT of new friends, learned a lot about the world, lived in a warehouse. Started doing a lot of research into Bio-mechanics. As soon as I make enough money, I plan on going into that field of study.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has it really been 3 years since this place went quiet?

Well....I finally got a "permanent job" this year....and I'm still working on a Master's degree in IT on the side....

otherwise still love drawing, video gaming, and anime.

(I'd also like to think my Japanese has improved lately as I've "Imported" more "released-only in Japan" games recently..... including titles like Tales of Vesperia [PS3 version], Suikoden 1 & 2, and .hack//LINK
but haha...dunno)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
Has it really been 3 years since this place went quiet?

Well....I finally got a "permanent job" this year....and I'm still working on a Master's degree in IT on the side....

otherwise still love drawing, video gaming, and anime.

(I'd also like to think my Japanese has improved lately as I've "Imported" more "released-only in Japan" games recently..... including titles like Tales of Vesperia [PS3 version], Suikoden 1 & 2, and .hack//LINK
but haha...dunno)

Once my Japanese has gotten to the point when I can play games in Japanese I'll consider myself livin the dream. I just attempted this with the latest pokemon games, and I still need some work haha.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Failure_Urn wrote:
Once my Japanese has gotten to the point when I can play games in Japanese I'll consider myself livin the dream. I just attempted this with the latest pokemon games, and I still need some work haha.
Good luck, haha.

The first game I tried to play in Japanese was actually Pokemon Gold (before it came out in the US) and I remember getting pretty far in that game before the English version came out even....
But I guess back then I didn't really pay much attention to the plot....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Providence Luc

The Millenium Swords

109035 Potch
275 Soldiers
71 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been employed for a while now. It pays well enough although I'm really bad at money. I've got myself a fine girl and living in an apartment near the office. A bit of a farcry from the socially awkward college student that I was when I was active here years ago.

Time's gone by so fast. I've also packed on a couple pounds that I wish I had more time to work out. :|
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am an officially accredited bookseller by now.

The Fool
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was around in the earlier days of the site. I remember developing the Harmonia nation into a powerhouse for a little while, but I soon got distracted by Uni, WoW and a relationship.

I was more actively involved with the Suikoden community through 2002. I made a lot of good friends from all over the world back then. A few of the early members here may still remember me from early '05.

Now, I've graduated Uni with dual majors in Linguistics and Philosophy and am looking at heading back to Japan on the JET programme with my partner of almost 7 years. Took me a while to get my degree thanks to WoW/ internet addiction, but I made it through.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: