Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Online - The Project -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yubaa

Phantomia

6273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Suikoden Online - The Project - Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello fellow Suiko lovers.

Before I present you what is on my mind I would like to give you a small background about myself:
I know I'm not very known on suikox forums, but I am big fan of the game ever since I played it for the first time back in '98 8-)
My first Suiko was SII and I fell in love with it. When I got my own PSX in 2001 or 2 I purchased SII immediately, after beating once or twice I found out that there's SI too. I somehow got it since my country is bad with getting-good-games in shops. :damn:

All after that is history, countless sleepless nights, infinite beatings, downloads of OST, reading manga etc. Only thing keeping me from having anything in hard copy is lack of money. I've beaten all the games more than once, the second part is record breaker with more than 20 beats I guess. :?

Anyways, that's my little story. Even my avatar and signature are oldddd :D
Edit: Just changed it :no:

Ever since I saw a game called naruto-arena (google it) I wanted to have a suiko game like that. Years passed and I did everything but anything related to making that happen. And yesterday I decided to DO IT! I have started learning Flash and AS programming, got the main concept in my head and just wanted to put it on paper.

For NOW I want to inform you that I will try to get the domain suikodenonline.com and try to do some legal disclaimer with KONAMI or so. Just a notice that all the work belongs to Konami and that is a fan-based website is good, enough I guess.?

Help me with that please, thanks.

It won't be commercial of course.

So here's the idea behind the concept, if you have seen flash screen of battle in N-Arena, - Bleach arena and similar games like that, Suikoden won't be MUCH different but will be unique, I PROMISE YOU THAT.

• 6 vs 6 battles - or minimum 4v4 - will see server load once it gets started.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Missions to get as many chars as we can.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Ladders, tournaments, endless fun.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Character with skills and attributes/HP/MP - runes - probably 1-2 physical and same with rune.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Character improvement possibility.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Endless party-managing possibilities.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • Every Suikoden world into one.[/*:m:1giy2a6b]
  • ... much more[/*:m:1giy2a6b]

If you just check that website, you'll know what I mean. Naruto is dull - Suikoden is awesome. That is my goal and my motivation is high.

For now I only ask of you to support me, give ideas and maybe later I'll need people to write content or similar.

Any other programmers / designers feel free to enter project.

I must warn you, even though I want to do this as fast as possible, alone or not alone - I have limited time cause I have to learn and implement learned at the same time. I might get sloppy it might not be the best but I'll do my BEST!

It's a starter, and I know boards is very inactive but I hope it will draw few people's attention. Don't spread word too much, cause much work will stay at my hard drive for some time before I decide to actually run the site, but WILL keep you updated.

Sincerely yours, Yubaa.
former suikomasterphantom :mrgreen:

Regards.

Quote:
Code:
by.Alastor

You are true "suikomasterphantom".

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yubaa

Phantomia

6273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: An Example Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's an little example that I did few years back for the game that I played and mentioned up there (Naruto-arena).

Each character was consisted of 4 skills that costed some energy in this case Chakra.
It is really premade. Picture will tell you more about what I mean.

In Suikoonline I plan to have MP as source of energy and skills perhaps similar to this or bit adapted to concept of my idea.

So here's the char, few years back:

p.s.

I am kinda surprised no one even commented on the idea. :unsure:

Quote:
Code:
by.Alastor

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like it could be good, though the only bit of feedback I can give at this time is, if we're going strictly by the games, Riou's weapon is "tonfa" not "nunchaku." It looks very ambitious so stick with it.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Yubaa

Phantomia

6273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, you're right it's a mistake I did awhile ago, about the weapon.
Thanks for being the one to comment.

I believe it IS doable, since I got the idea long time ago and now I believe I have tools to do it.

Behind the scenes, concept is not really hard.

Most of the coding will be if Flik used lightning rune att#2 - decrease selected opponents hp by 30 .

Or something like that. Of course that isn't the actual syntax of the programming language but system will work that way.

I will need ideas about character skills once I start designing GUI, and website will be content-interactive = depending on your mission / ladder / winning score or streak you're profile will be updated - got few ideas about that.

Most of the stuff isn't too hard to implement seeing the amount of work ahead of me, but just need any feedback / any idea or JUST any word of encouragement / support.

Cheers for replying. :D

Quote:
Code:
by.Alastor

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: