Suikoden Uncanny and Infamous Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

038 - Not a Happy Sight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: 038 - Not a Happy Sight Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

(See relevant NDR [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=191&am p;t=32710&start=0:gxm0usn6]here[/url:gxm0usn6])

038 - Not a Happy Sight

[p:gxm0usn6]By the time Glenn woke up, Kevin was already pacing around the room. "Sleep at all?" Glenn asked.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"In a cold cave with a concrete pillow? You bet... I can't believe you didn't hear that crash a while ago." He pointed up to the ceiling. "The whole ground was shaking."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"You don't think..."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"I don't know. I don't want to know." Kevin checked the ammo clip in his pistol, visibly nervous.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"No sense in sitting around I guess..." Glenn groggily rose to his feet and threw his sword across his back. "Maybe if we start moving we'll find an exit. I can't believe Marcus and the crew never showed up to get us out of here..."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"If they haven't by now it's safe to assume they're not coming. For all we know the Q'orren have already blown them out of the sky."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]The two cautiously began to move down the dark main corridor again. No sign of Nappa. No sign of their assassins. But before long they saw a flickering light up ahead.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"No place to hide," Kevin noted, frantically feeling the walls.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"Is that... a candle?" Glenn asked.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"I'd rather not find out." Kevin tugged at his sleeve. "Best start running."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"Dude, no one's coming to assassinate us with a candle. Let's check this out." Glenn started walking towards the light, a little more brazen than usual. When their company came into view, it wasn't an assassin alright. Dozens of people lined the walls of the tunnel, hushed and shivering. A baby saw them and began to cry.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"They've come," a voice whispered next to them. "They've invaded the city."[/p:gxm0usn6]
--second post on fanficiton.net--

[p:gxm0usn6]"How many?" Glenn pressed. "What's the situation on the surface?"[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"I don't know," the spokesman for the refugees replied. "There was an enormous beam of light... whatever building they attacked first must have been obliterated. Soldiers were descending from the sky, and I brought as many people down here as I could."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"They probably don't know about these underground passages yet. Were you followed?" Glenn asked.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"Yes, only by a few of them. Some brave men turned back to fight them..."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"Be careful. Be ready to hide deeper inside of this place. There is more lurking down here than just Q'orren soldiers," Glenn informed, and then the two of them set off towards the fight.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"You don't suppose they targeted the UN outpost..." Kevin wondered.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"I don't know what else they would have attacked," Glenn replied. "Pandemonium is too far from here for any of these people to have seen it." (Pandemonium is the Akigiyama headquarters complex.) "Right now we're just going to have to hope everyone's alright and commit ourselves to keeping these goons out of the Gauteng for as long as possible."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]There was a lot of commotion up ahead. Glenn pulled out his sword and began to concentrate as they approached a turn in the path. It glowed a faint green, just enough to illuminate the way. "Cover me."[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]As soon as they rounded the corner they came face to face with a team of four uniformed guards. Kevin hit the deck and started firing as Glenn swung his sword down before him, sending out a gale burst of wind that knocked the four Q'orren off their feet. Kevin finished off each of them in four clean shots. "Weren't expecting magic, were you?" Kevin mocked them as he and Glenn started running again.[/p:gxm0usn6]
[p:gxm0usn6]"I have a feeling they'll catch on fast, and we can't just walk in shooting with this next one." The commotion they heard was still further down the tunnel. Whoever all was there, they were already fighting for their lives.[/p:gxm0usn6]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: