Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

037 - The Fighting Begins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: 037 - The Fighting Begins Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:177d22gd]Barely seconds after the Q'orren made the first move in Johannesburg, Silf ordered the airships and cannons to open fire. Immediately the sky, which was silent and calm due to anxiety only a minute ago, erupted into a spectacular light show of cannon fire and blazing guns. The pre-emptive strike did not give the Mystics much of an advantage, however. Almost immediately, three swarms of smaller single-manned ships swooped down on the airships. The armaments of the fighters were a bit stronger than expected, but the protective spells guarding the airships were holding up for the time being. Attacks on the mothership itself seemed to do little, as the mothership appeared to be protected by a force field of some sort. While some visible damage was being done to the ship, it simply wasn't enough to put much of a dent in it. Despite this, the cannons would have to suffice until a more powerful weapon was found.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]The battle in the sky was not the only one going on. Silf was still on the phone with Admiral Shaidorol, and she was absolutely furious at the Q'orren's attempt at deceit. "Your people said you came to help!" Silf growled into the phone. "Is this your idea of help? Trying to force me to surrender my city to you?"[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"I'm sure this all seems strange to you, Silf," Shaidorol replied calmly, "but we meant exactly as we said. We Q'orren believe that all have a place in this universe, and it is your place to serve us. In return we take control of your planet and guide it and its people toward a prosperous new age."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"Bullshit!" Silf cursed. "That's nothing but slavery!"[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]Shaidorol laughed quietly on the other end. "Let's just say you'll be better off. You probably don't believe me, but perhaps you are aware of the fate of Planet Lizar? After all, one of your friends is a Lizarian."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"What of it?" Silf grumbled.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"We attempted many times to get the Lizarians to relinquish control of their planet, but never did we succeed. And now the planet is gone. Had we taken control of the planet that never would have happened. The Lizarians resisted our attempts to save them and paid the ultimate price."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"You're insane," Silf said defiantly.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"On the contrary, my dear. I am more sane than any of your people. While you rush headlong to your own destruction, we have existed long before your world began and we will exist until the last star burns out. You may not like what we have in mind for you, and I already sense that you don't, but that is the way of things. Perhaps you have questioned why all of us have to die? Why the sun sets? Why the sky is blue? It is because that is the way of the universe."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]Silf was not in the mood for Shaidorol's warped point of view. "You'll never get away with this! We will never submit to the likes of you!"[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"Do you remember what you were doing on...August 15, 2002 at...1:44 A.M.?" Shaidorol suddenly asked, seemingly changing the subject.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"No," Silf replied, without the bitterness that was usually present when she spoke to the Q'orren admiral. She was much too confused by the sudden change in direction the conversation took.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"I do," Shaidorol said quietly as he reminisced. "I was heading the conquest of a planet called Elgeth. At that moment in time its ruler, Emperor Amardon said that exact same thing to me, that his people would never surrender to the likes of me. He did exactly that three hours later. He currently serves as my gardener. So you see, I can get away with this. I suggest that you avoid making promises you can't keep, Silf."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"Empress Silf to you." The venom had returned to her voice stronger than ever.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"You may keep your title...for the next three hours."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]Silf clenched her teeth. "Go to hell."[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]Shaidorol ignored the curse. "When you change your mind about surrender you can reach me at 3489-449-249. I hope you will do this quickly. It would be a shame to burn your lovely city to the ground." Silf did not respond. She merely hung up the phone. With that Shaidorol tucked the matter away into the back of his mind and gazed out at the city through his visual display before him.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"So how do you plan to do this, sweetie?" Urdr asked as she stood at his side. She always loved to watch her husband operate.[/p:177d22gd]
[p:177d22gd]"Let's throw a few shots her way and see how quickly she folds," Shaidorol replied. He then turned to the gunners. "Raze the land." The gunners nodded and got to work. Within seconds, three of the mother ship's guns fired large red beams--the same type that Andrew deflected--at the city.[/p:177d22gd]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: