Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

035 - If Only You'd Arrived Earlier...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: 035 - If Only You'd Arrived Earlier... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:1f0zr436]While everyone on earth feared the worst, another spaceship--one not affiliated with the Q'orren--was in the solar system. Its pilot, an officer of a galactic police force, had made a promise to an old friend, and it was now time to keep that promise.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"Approaching third planet in the Sol system, Lieutenant Opal," the ship's onboard computer said. The pilot, an odd woman with light blue skin and blond hair, smiled. It would be her second visit to this planet, but in the brief time she was last here three years ago, she had met many fascinating people and had some good times. She was initially sent here to track down and arrest the criminal Malakite from her home planet, and although she was unsuccessful in that task, she found her experiences on earth fulfilling. Currently she was off duty and would remain so for the next three months, which was a perfect time to do what she had to do. She smiled, then frowned a bit as she remembered the circumstances that led to these events.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]*****[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"You...want me to take care of your daughter...?" Opal couldn't believe what the black haired man before her had asked her to do. "But why?"[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]The man nodded solemnly. "I understand this seems a strange request, but my need is great, and you are the only one I can turn to." With that the man rolled up his right sleeve, revealing an intricate gold bracelet. "You know what this is, don't you?"[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]Opal nodded. She knew very well of her friend's struggle with the Mobius Bracelet. In fact, while searching for Malakite, she had offered to help him find a way to remove the curse that was slowly taking hold on him. "Isn't there anything you can do about it?"[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"I believe there is," the man replied. "But I do not believe that I will be the one to find that out. This bracelet is taking control of my mind. Even now I'm having great difficulty simply doing this. But I have faith in Miwan. I know she will find a way to stop this...somehow. But no matter what I do while under the influence of this thing, I cannot allow Wei to be witness to it. That is why I must ask you to do this."[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]Opal could tell this was difficult for Akira to do, and nodded quietly. "I still don't feel right about it...I mean, I have two younger sisters and I took care of them when we were growing up, so I've got some experience with this, but..." She sighed. "All right, I understand. So...when do you want her back?"[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"Anywhere between three and five years should suffice," Akira replied. "Assuming I'm still alive." With that, Akira handed the young felinefolk in his arms to Opal and looked at her. "You have to go on a trip for a while," Akira said to his daughter in an unusually kind voice. "But I promise I'll see you again, so don't cry, okay? This isn't goodbye. I'll just see you later, okay?"[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]The four year old Wei nodded, without saying a word.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"Good girl," Akira said with a faint smile.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]*****[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]As Opal reminisced, her ship's computer alerted her to the presence of other alien ships in Earth's atmosphere. Curious, she scanned the planet to determine the nature of the ships. Her heart sank when she discovered what they were.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"Oh no...Q'orren...out this far already!?" Opal shuddered. Although the Q'orren were out of her jurisdiction, she knew enough about them to know that they were up to no good, and if their plans for this planet were the usual Q'orren modus operandi, things were about to get ugly.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]"I've got to warn them," Opal said with a great deal of worry in her voice. "Let's see...Andrew Lizar was leading that group last I was here. All I have to do is run a scan on Lizarian energy sources and it should be easy to find him." She sighed heavily. "I only hope I'm not too late..."[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]At this, a young black haired felinefolk girl, all of seven years old, walked onto the bridge happily. "We're going to see daddy, right?" she asked with a gleam in her eye.[/p:1f0zr436]
[p:1f0zr436]Opal turned to Wei and forced a smile, unwilling to tell her of the danger that threatened earth. "That's right. We're going to see daddy."[/p:1f0zr436]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: