Suikoden United and Illegal Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Changes to happen
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Changes to happen Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. Forum reduction -

Right now there's over 100 different forums within this message board.
In downgrading to phpbb2, I'll eliminate almost all of the forums and toss contents of all forums into one single archive forum.

This would mean contents of nation forums and all that will also be viewable to the public.
If there's anything you don't want other folks to see, you may want to edit those portions out of your posts.

Exceptions are leader boards within each nation-- I'll just delete the contents in those forums because they tend to be irrelevant and also has the potential of causing unneeded hostilities. If you don't want stuff in there to be deleted, you may want to save it onto notepad or something.

I'll be taking care of this move during the weekend of January 22-23rd.

2. Demodding -

I'll be removing moderator powers from everyone (except me, of course).
There's basically no need for anybody to have moderator powers at this point, given the amount of activity.
This also means I'll be the only admin.

3. Main site -

The main site is pretty and all, but as it stands I don't have the ability to maintain the incredibly sophisticated code Fuji put in place. In fact, parts of it are already broken (I can't delete erraneous entries, for example). Thus, I'll bring the main site back to the old crummy HTML version, which should give some people a more down-to-earth nostalgic feel.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There were over 100 forums in here? Damn!
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, when you consider 13 nations, each with not only a leader board but also various other forums, that can add up to over 50 forums in itself. There are also numerous other specialized forums for various purposes, usually administrative in some way and hidden from public view. For a comparison, Sens? Suikoden has 64 forums and the forums for the game still haven't been created and there are only nine nations along with mercenaries.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I'm not saying that it doesn't make sense. I just never really realized it.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I imagine it would be quite a shock for a member of a nation to be promoted to be an admin and then see what the admins see. The number of forums would increase with alliance forums and then the NaNoWriMo set of forums. Was 2010 the first year they weren't opened here?

Did anybody ever find the ultra secret "strip club" forum?

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After a quick check, there's 191 different forums. Some nations have 10 forums or so, and there's like 14 different nations or something so you can see how quickly it adds up.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

archiving? oh what fun....
I don't even remember if there's anything "sensitive" in particular in our nation....I most likely wouldn't be able to edit it out anyway.
But this'll be...interesting....to see everything dumped into one place if there was anything....hurhurhur... oh well...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ikano wrote:
archiving? oh what fun....
I don't even remember if there's anything "sensitive" in particular in our nation....I most likely wouldn't be able to edit it out anyway.
But this'll be...interesting....to see everything dumped into one place if there was anything....hurhurhur... oh well...

Yeah those of us who left nations or changed wouldn't be able to edit things since we've lost access to places where we posted, I know I wouldn't be able to edit anything I posted in the INF even if I wanted to (which I don't, although some it is quite... well, moronic)

Maybe opening the nation groups prior to the forum dump would be prudent just in case?

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I was worrying more of if my other nation members had posted anything...you know....
since I've basically lost contact with most of them so trying to reach them to edit something "questionable" I stumble on would be impossible...

Then again I don't know why I'm stressing about it...It shouldn't affect my buns...I think.....

But don't mind my ramblings...I'm just muttering aloud =p
...and discovering the stuff after everything is archived can be amusing as well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

BRING BACK SOULEATER.ORG WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, SIR.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh goodie! I can't wait to read everyone else's nation posts :mrgreen:

Edit: Will there be any indication of what nations certain posts used to belong to? I'm just thinking that with the generic titles most of our topics have no one would know they're from harmonia or whatever.

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool. Looking forward to some action again.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We must secure the glorious diaries of Pinkeldork!
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think I can add any sort of indication as to which forum an old post used to belong to-- simply a limit to what phpbb can do. And fly I can give you access to the Island Nations forum, and if anyone else needs access to their old nations to edit whatever just let me know.

I'll have to take care of this before I can start building anything, because I'll need a phpbb2 forum to work with before I can start tinkering with features.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know offhand if there is anything which I need to edit, as most people already know how messed up I am, but Falena's the only place I've been a part of which is currently inaccessible to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: