Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Happy 15th anniversary to Suikoden

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zaj

The Lone Gunmen

31884 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Happy 15th anniversary to Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

15th of December 1995 Genso Suikoden was released in Japan. And now, fifteen years later, the series seems to be withering away. Suikoden V was mentioned as a 10th anniversary project, and we haven't heard of another numbered game since. If not even for another anniversary, then when?

Seems like it's judgment day for Suikoden since we're going to find out soon if they met their quota of the Original Soundtrack Complete Box preorders. And then there's Jump Festa, if there isn't a surprise announcement for Suikoden VI there, then I don't think I'll hold my breath for another Suikoden any longer.

But then again, there is still that mystery RPG from 2009 on Murayama's site for which he is responsible for the main scenario...

Let our mercy, as deep as the Feitas, and our authority, as powerful as the Sun, be revealed to the entire World.
Firefly3

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wooooo, it been 15 years already???
well I still hold my breath for Suiko VI
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah me 2
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Happy 15th anniversary to Suikoden Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hold out hope, I don't hold my breath... breathing has become pretty important to me in recent years. I think the series could get a jump start, especially with all of the harsh critiques of MSG, perfect time to transition the series to the next gen consoles.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's still the popular Castlevania standing between Metal Solid and Suikoden, yes?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there was also the pachinko machine "advertised" in October to give some hope that Konami haven't completely forgotten the series, it could simply be a fact that they don't see it as profitable and are instead looking for alternative funding streams (tied in with the whole OST collection release "gauging support" of the series in the core market)

I still think Konami could get away with porting the Japan only titles elsewhere (Card Stories for the DS as an example) since all it would need is a translation as an "overhaul" and the western fanbase will take any scrap of the series. Since it's primarily just the silence that gets people speculating the series is dead or Konami no longer feel the love for it.

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy Anniversary Suikoden =)

The Suikoden fanclub over on dA is prompting our members to design postcards (including a nice letter saying how Suikoden has affected our lives even) that could -theoretically be mailed to Konami as is.

[/lame & discrete attempt at banding Suikoden fans together to show Konami we still care about the fate of the series]

ahaha....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mohammed

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

between the release data for every part of Suikoden in 3 to 4 years
except for Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden V they were released in a row so if they are counting it that way then Suikoden VI will be released probably in 2014 . . . hopefully earlier that that
True Suikdoen Fan .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: