Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

new ds game questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grasslanders

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: new ds game questions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so... did they delete the duel and stratagy things from the ds version? i thought the series dead mind you i am VERY glad it is not but the different play styles were one of it's big things for me that i loved about the series. so have they decided to chuck that? i hope not but i am unsure as i kinda lost track after the first PS2. so also can anybody tell me what i missed? the last one besides the new ds one i played was one with some queen lady with a crazy sun crown or somthing like that (i never was good at remembering the names or numbers of the games) so how many games did i miss out on and how good were they?
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi grasslanders, you'll find that there is a Tierkries forum further down on the index page or [url=http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=187:10 npfr2g]located here[/url:10npfr2g] which is dedicated to the DS game. In regards to your questions however;

Duels; In the sense of the 1 on 1 decision triangle yes, they have been removed, however the term and context of the duel remains, the execution is just that it is like a regular party battle with a single character or few characters.

"War" aka the map strategy; has also been removed in the similar sense as above, all "efforts" are based around party combat as opposed to regiments (1+2+5), troop deployments (3) or specific instances (4).

The last one you played would be Suikoden V based in Falena with Arshtat Falenas and the effective story of Georg Primes time as a Queens knight in Falena (which was referenced in 2), that centred around the Sun Rune, opposite to the Night Rune (Star Dragon Sword / Neclord) to further reveal the 27 True Runes to the player.

Suikoden 1: Scarlet Moon Empire / Toran Republic [Jowston and Kanakan referenced]
Suikoden 2: City States of Jowston / Highland Kingdom [Toran visited, Grassland, Harmonia referenced]
Suikoden 3: Grassland / Zexen Confederecy / Harmonian Outskirts
Suikoden 4: Island Nations / Island Nations Federation / Kooluk Kingdom Outskirts [Scarlet Moon referenced]
--Suikoden Tactics / Rhapsodia: Island Nations Federation / Kooluk Kingdom
Suikoden V: Queendom of Falena [New Armes & Nagarea referenced]

Suikoden Tierkries: Reference to the infinity, abstract game to the series as a whole.

In a nutshell, if you are a PAL user you would have missed out on Suikoden 3 unless you imported and either modded your console (legal in a few countries, illegal in some) to void the region locking. Otherwise, those are the only games to receive an English translation and be released to the western world. If you can read Japanese, then you have the Suikogaidens, Card Stories and numerous phone games released.

Depending on viewpoint, it generally goes; 2-1-5-3-4-Tierkries in terms of likability, where tactics is lumped in with 4, and 3 is demoted because it only reached half the player base.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tierkreis is a spin-off, and like the others that came before it, it only offered one main battle system. Like Tactics before it, they did tweak the turn-based system to represent duels and the army battles, but nowhere near the extent that the 5 main games offered.

Looks like the earlier one you played was Suikoden V, so really you haven't missed much. If anything, it looks the wait is now moving in a direction similar to the rather sizable gap between the release of Suikoden II and Suikoden III.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: