Suikoden Urgent and Informational Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lets start a game...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templeton

186895 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor, Please ask for me If you need cartiographical design and advice help for a new map.

Here is an example of my hand drawn work.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 66&t=11780

As well a geographically colored version is also in the works.

Remember, the Suikoden Unionist Solidarity Society has your backing.

Thanks for your time and glad to hear your feeling better.

Ryan.
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm happy to hear about this! I don't know anything about making games, but when its made I'll be sure to play.

Glad to hear your doing OK Vex.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vextor you're feeling well! Wonderful news! I think often about the old war game and remember all the great people I got to meet and play with. I've been hoping that you are and have been well as it was tragic to hear that your health was in decline just prior to the end of the war game. Certainly full of fond memories of everyone here.

I'll be sure to be less of a ghost around the forum and check to see if the new game is something I could get in to. I'll not commit yet seeing as how I couldn't deliver on my commitment to Senso (ps I have a great reason for that involving more or less getting evicted and living in a house without power and water for 3 months but I'll have to find another place to explain that story.) Anywho, I'm overjoyed to hear you're in better health Vex and will be anxiously awaiting seeing what you come up with. I wish I had an idea for you but I've been out of the internet forum circuit for a while now. I've only recently branched out from playing nothing but Fifa and CoDMW2 by getting into League of Legends but it feels good gaming again. Feels like home. :P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am relieved to know your doing ok Vextor! You kind of left with just a hope everything goes well. I've been checking
these forums ritually in hopes of hope that something brewing within the forum! I'll make sure to start rebuilding activity within the forums and threads now knowing so many members are reuniting here! Exciting news!

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be here for anything you want to create. Good to hear from some old faces.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Island dweller

Archane watchmen

60038 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though i joined almost 4 years ago im still a forum newbee, i joined basically at exactly the wrong time. However im glad to hear your feeling well vextor and i for one will deffinately be popping in on a regular basis to see if i cant get myself more established, and just generaly have fun with whatever may or may not transpire.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

good to hear you're well.

Just to chime in what I thought was good & bad in the old system:

Bad: Like the general consensus seems to agree-- The fact that the control of the nations was only controlled by a select few discouraged newer members to participate or even show up on the forums in general. Also...somehow the way the leveling system etc was set up caused all of the "older" members to have such huge advantages/power that it was practically impossible for newer units/etc. to beat em that there was no point...

Good: The "nation" system was good in itself despite the details of how it was run becoming the ultimate downfall. The (kind-of) job system was great too....even though I don't recall it being implemented for that long and thus can't remember the details of it....

As some others have also said, I enjoy anything that's set up like an IFF or focuses a lot on role-play. I was excited about Senso's system because it seemed like it would've had a heavier Role-play type game-play than the old suikox system had-- but it is unfortunate not everyone over there seems to be ecstatic about that type of gameplay compared to myself....

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bad: People were hellbent on wresting control from others and creating as much drama as possible. Perhaps the game was too addicting. Make it less fun, Boss. *thumbs up*

Good: Met some great peeps, some of whom are now very good friends in real life. So, when people weren't acting batshit insane, the competition could be quite entertaining.
Master McDohl

Toran Liberation Army

100000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Lets start a game... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

:D

Happy to see you're back Vextor and in good spirits as well. It's been awhile since I've seen things go beyond where they have been in the last few months here but I know that will change like all things do.

Now about the game. :?

I say...keep the nations but change the entire system. Leaders should be elected by the members or at least let the members (even newer ones) be able to do things that impact the entire nation as a whole. (ex. even a small rebellion in any town in any nation would need to be dealt with as a problem). There needs to be a smaller aspect to any game we bring in here because if they can't lead massive armies or take the time to build one up from the very beginning...members will lose interest and even leave.

So just remember that people want to be able to do SOMETHING instead of just look from the sidelines. 8-). Once people feel like they can get involved they will jump on it. Another thing is that people LOVE to be able to be their favorite Suikoden character or even their own created character so make sure it's an option for people to play whomever they wish I suppose. These are all things I think will attract more people.....that's all for now! :mrgreen:

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Progress has been slow due to it taking forever to get access to what I need.
I've also been looking at PHP scripts out there, but I can't seem to find anything that seems to fit with what I'm envisioning. Maybe I'll just have to create stuff from scratch after all.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, now I have access to everything. Fortunately, all of my old files still exist, meaning I can revert this entire site to what it used to be a couple of years back. Of course, it'd be a shame to ditch Fuji's awesomely coded current site, but it's just way beyond my comprehension to maintain-- and some of the parts are starting to malfunction. I'll think about it for a few days to see whether I should drop the old forums into some other location or backup this forum and stash it somewhere else along with the whole site.
Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad to hear all the files from the old suikox is in tact. Thanks for working on this Vextor.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Save the praise till I actually get something done! It took me way to long to get back to the starting point to begin with.

Anyhow, let me just jot down what I intend to do for the "new game."

First, I plan to "make a world," which would sort of be like a map of the entire suikoden world where each member can travel as they please. My intent is to allow every member be able to do whatever without having to be told by nations what they can / can not do, etc. I don't have any concrete ideas at this point on what exactly people can do at this point, but I'd just like to make the "chess board" first and then add features based on what people want.

For the map, I'll probably use the old suikox map, because it is a good map after all, and it'll save me a lot of work.
People will be able to move around on the map, not by any nice interactive flash program, but by inputting where they want to move in some sort of form-like interface. You can only move a certain distance every 24 hours, so moving from one side of the world to the other end can take some time. Each town might have different things you can do... maybe there can be dungeons where you can fight monsters or something... or an arena where players can fight each other?

I'd also like to make sure "writing stories" is a large part because fan fiction is always good stuff. I don't want to introduce the old "wordcount" deal though, because it tends to encourage people into adopting a wordy style of writing. It will instead simply be based on the number of entries, and perhaps by allowing other members to rate your story.

Not sure what exact benefit these "stories" will generate at the moment tho...
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sounds good, flash stuff is overrated anyway.
When you say the old SuikoX from a couple of years back, what time do you have in mind?

The Fool
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to bring the entire site back to the old format, which would be somewhere mid-2008, I think.
Posts and stuff shouldn't be lost as a result-- just the format of the forums will go back to phpbb2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: