Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

031 - Gauteng Underground

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: 031 - Gauteng Underground Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NDR: Glenn and Kevin didn't play particularly crucial roles in the last post, so I'm going to cheat a bit and put them back on the run from these assassins.

Glenn, Kevin, and Nappa had been running in a straight line in the dark for a good fifteen minutes before Nappa stopped them. "This is where we branch off."

The passage, or at least this part of the passage, had been blasted through solid rock, and their surroundings resembled a crude cavern more than something man-made. Water was condensed all over the walls, and the place was downright chilly. Nappa turned the group down an easily overlooked side path and slowed down their pace to a walk. "My guess is we shook them. We had a good head start, and there are a hundred other routes just like this one. Now it's just a matter of waiting until the coast is clear..." He wrapped a massive hand around Glenn's neck and picked him up into the air. "NOW DO YOU MIND TELLING ME WHY ASSASSINS ARE SETTING OFF EXPLOSIVES IN MY HOTEL?"

"Not a clue," Glenn shrugged relatively calmly.

"An attack was made on the Lizar family. We're... friends you might say, so I guess they wanted us too," Kevin tried to diffuse the situation.

"The Lizars?" The huge man dropped Glenn in astonishment. "Do you know Andrew? Oh my God, I'm such a huge fan! I've always seen him as a role model."

"You have a long way to go," Glenn said, rubbing his neck.

"You aren't members of... the Freedom Fighters, are you?"

"Yep."

Nappa turned red, looking a bit humbled despite being three times the size of either of them. "When we get out of here you just HAVE to get me autographs."

"Save it," Glenn shook his head, "let's scout this place out in case they do find us."

"I'm not sure exactly what passage we're in, I figured any one would do." Nappa reached for a small pack on his back and pulled out a pair of night vision goggles. "Good thing our security team is overfunded... Looks like there's a lot of machinery in the corner... Tech logos. This stuff must have been confiscated during the war. Hunt never did get to attack Johannesburg you know, that's why we're doing so well today, but he was preparing to when he fell. This stuff looks like a weird science project. I wonder what this button..."

Kevin and Glenn shielded their eyes as the room was flooded with light. "You idiot!" Kevin started pressing the button, but it didn't turn back off.

"Activating Advanced Tretu Conversion System" a mechanical voice spoke from the machine.

"Uh oh..."

A metal dome fell down, encasing Nappa, and the machine started to hum. "What the hell? Get me out of this thing!"

Kevin and Glenn started pressing buttons and Nappa started punching the dome from inside to no avail. The hum turned into a loud whirl. "Aaaaaaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh........"

"System unstable, subject oversized," the computer reported. "Insufficient capacity. Abort. Abort."

"I'm trying," Kevin muttered. "Where are the science guys on our team when you need them?"

The side of the metal casing started to press out, first on one side and then the other.

"Overload immanent. Evacuate. Evacuate."

Glenn and Kevin dove behind some metal crates in the corner, hoping they weren't filled with explosives. Shots started ringing through the room a moment later. With all the light they were sitting ducks, and the assassins had caught up.

Glenn and Kevin didn't get to see the rest, but they heard it. An explosion, an unearthly roar, the assassins shouting in some foreign tongue, a huge crash, and then an odd scraping sound trailing off in the distance. The two got out behind the barrier with enough light still on to look around. The machine was in shambles, two pieces of cloth bearing strange symbols lay on the ground near the entrance, and huge gouges trailed down either side of the hallway leading back towards the hotel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: