Suikoden Unique and Infamous Knowledge Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

028 - Going In Under

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: 028 - Going In Under Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NDR: I apologize for this being rather odd and sporadic. I wrote myself into a hole and decided to merge my potential ways out rather than picking one and sticking to it.

---------------------------------------

[p:u21reh0j]"Who sent you?" Glenn lay on the ground unconscious. Kevin stood against the wall with a carefully-aimed glock. Between them, a man in black dangled with his professional pants down a few feet from Glenn's throat, assassin's knife at the ready, trying very hard to keep his balance.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]If Kevin's quick reaction time saved the day, the emergency back-up lights kicking in certainly didn't hurt matters.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"I tell you, you let me leave here alive," the assassin replied matter-of-factly.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"I can work with that," Kevin agreed. "How do I get this thing moving again?"[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"I imagine you just press a button since the back-up is on," he said, motioning with his eyes towards the overhead light. "Can I move?"[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"No." Kevin pressed L, and the jolt sent the assassin off his precarious balance. He quickly rolled himself under Glenn's body, raising a knife to his throat from underneath and eliminating Kevin's advantage.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"Idiot, you should have killed me," the assassin chided. "Now you're going to aim that gun at your friend, I'm going to slip this knife down behind his back, and when the door opens you're going to let the security guards arrest you. I walk out of this building, you explain what just happened, and we all live to fight another day. Do you understand?"[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]Kevin didn't say a word as Glenn's eyes peeled open, regaining consciousness.[/p:u21reh0j]

[p:u21reh0j]"This is Nappa. What do you have?" The bald and burly man who'd so recently taken a knife wound in the God of Fight tournament was running down a hotel hallway in a security uniform, ready to do business.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"No sign of the two men our security cameras spotted on the roof last hour, but backup surveillance shows two hostages on elevator D, currently at floor 3 and actively descending," a walkie-talkie chirped back.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"Post at the entrance. We'll throw the emergency stop whenever they reach the lobby." Nappa tossed himself into the hotel's fire exit and started racing down the stairs.[/p:u21reh0j]

[p:u21reh0j]As the odd scenario inside would have it, all guns instinctively aimed at Kevin as the elevator door slid open into the lobby. Unfortunately for their bearers, the actual assassin was dressed a bit to conspicuously to actually hope for an easy out.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]The assassin shoved off Glenn and opened up on the guards, making quick work of them before they could turn their guns. At the same time an explosion sent the elevator careening to the basement floor.[/p:u21reh0j]

[p:u21reh0j]In the dimly lit scene below Kevin and Glenn were both covered with rubble, their adversary comparatively unhindered. "So much for getting out without making a scene," the assassin muttered his final words as a bullet pierced him from behind.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]Nappa returned his gun to its holster and rushed over to the wrecked elevator, tossing off an enormous metal rod that had Glenn and Kevin both pinned down. "You two alright?"[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"Who are you?" Glenn asked, standing up and clutching his head.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"Security, but never mind that. We spotted two other intruders on camera on the roof earlier, so we're not out of this just yet." Nappa wiped sweat off of his forehead and crouched down behind some debris. "They detonated their backup plan as soon as bullets started flying. The stairs blew out right behind me too."[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"What's the layout of this basement?" Kevin ducked behind a pile of rubble and began scoping out the area.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"An open warehouse mostly, a good place to hide and a bad place to move," Nappa replied. "The only way out besides right here and the stairs is a link into the Gauteng Underground."[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"The what?" Glenn finally came-to enough to duck down behind some cover next to them.[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]"Oh, an old tunnel network built to resist the Tech. It covers all of Johannesburg... What's that noise?"[/p:u21reh0j]
[p:u21reh0j]The faint sound of something sliding above them rose an alarm for everybody. The intruders were on the roof. Their targets were in the basement. They must be sliding down the dangling elevator cables. The three didn't waste any time. With Nappa in the lead they dashed out through the warehouse to an nondescript metal door at the far end. Nappa flipped the deadbolt and threw it open, and a long narrow hallway waited on the other side...[/p:u21reh0j]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: