Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II Novel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shishigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Suikoden II Novel Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe someone else already did this, anyway, I was traslating (well, more like trying to translate) one of the suiko novel I happen to have.
It is just an exercise for me so don't expect the best of translations, I have still to learn japanese.
So, here is the beginning of chapter 0.
shishigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Suikoden II Novel - Chapter 0 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chapter 0 – Two in the wind
You were always by my side.
In good times, in hard times.
Even when we were happy or sad.
From that day that we met, you were close to me.

We laughed together, cried together, shared happy moments together, walked the same road together.
Because together were our minds.

A small whirlwind was dancing in the quiet grassland.
That wind that sometimes mowed down the grass, sometimes gently drifted the grass in the air, had been awakened by two young boys, armed with weapons. One boy held in his arms a pair of tonfa. Red pants with black clothes, a golden ring fitted into the forehead which appeared between his dark brown hairs. The other boy was slender, wearing a blue shirt, with long grey/flaxen hairs tied to the back. He picked up his weapon, a blue cane with a dragon-decorated edge.
The calmness of the moment disappeared, the wind started to move again. The boy with the cane and the one with the tonfa faced each other and started to run.
“Let’s go, Riou!”
“Come, Jowy! Don’t hold back !!”
The boy called Riou firmly lowered the body and set the tonfa in position. The distance between the two suddenly narrowed, and the boy called Jowy vividly drew out his cane. Like the sharp sound of the wind, a blue cane attacked Riou from the side.
Promptly he raised the tonfa to the left, resulting in a severe impact.
Jowy saw that the attack could be stopped, and immediately turned the cane, piercing at Riou’s back. Riou quickly parried with the right tonfa and, without a moment’s delay, unleashed the right tonfa.
For a moment, the scathing wind shook the side of the grass. After the brief exchange of blows, Jowy jumped back, incidentally escaping from Riou’s attack. In that moment, the wind stopped.
“I dodged that !? Anyway, Riou, today I will win for sure !!”
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: