Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luc says in S3...

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Luc says in S3... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"It has been 1,000 years since the war between the Sword and the Shield."

Seriously? Does this mean the Suikoden world is only 1,000 years old?

How is that even possible? Mountains take millions of years to develop. And even if you want to say that it's just a game and the Creation myth isn't all that scientifically sound to begin with, doesn't 1,000 years seem awfully young? Why not 100,000, or a million?

It just seems really weird to me.
Archpark

64097 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh... look, it's not even that its "Just a game" - it's also a fantasy world. Kinda like the Bible, in this case.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's possible that the rune could have fed Luc false information, potentially based on the extent of human historical knowledge. More likely though, the writers didn't really think about it. Another possibility, though, is that the "creation" is exaggerated, and the world was around before Sword and Shield.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Rachael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come to think of it, the original reason I was going to make the post was just to confirm that the implication of Luc's statement was that, yes, the world of Suikoden is only 1,000 years old. But it kind of turned into some disbelief thing...

The people must have evolved hella quickly, too. They can read, they can write, they have technology such as elevators and video cameras...All in a thousand years!

Pretty cool, though.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since Luc said that in 475, and Sierra was born in -390, I'd say it's unlikely that the world is so young, but you never know. Also, Genoh was supposedly born in -550, but that's by his own word alone, so... :wink:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
FondantMan

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Luc says in S3... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it funny that you automatically assume that when these people were created, they had evolved from any prior life forms at all. Besides, wouldn't it be that much more intriguing if these people did indeed just get created as they are? Well, not quite just as they are, but I hope you get the idea.
And I can't say I'd blame you for not believing it, it is a fantasy game after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: