Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How did Suikoden come into your life?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluemoonkiller

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How did Suikoden come into your life? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

December '96 or Jan '97 my best friend asks if I ever heard of suikoden. Just the night before I had read the PSExtreme (remember that shit? Or PSM?) with the Suikoden 1 Review. It got a bronze. 89% overall score, which for them wasn't bad. Told him I'd heard of it and it didn't look too great. He said he was getting it. Still don't know why. The only rpg's id played at that point were Breath of Fire 2 and Super Ninja Boy on SNES. O ya, he got it cuz of Mario RPG and said he wanted more. I turned 14 in Jan '97 and thought about getting it with my birthday money since I had just got my PS1 that xmas '96 and didn't have many games. Got something else. A few days later my friend says oh my god you've got to borrow this when im done. it the greatest game ever! I thought ya, right. The next few days at school when he stayed at his moms and played it he would come in and tell me bout what he'd done. I hadn't even played it and thought Gremio was the coolest guy ever. (Later decided for myself that he wasn't that badass) Then came the day he walked right by me and I questioned him why he did. Said he didn't want to talk about it. By lunch I had the bad news. Gremio had died. This ended up hurting me more than when I first played and he died. Anyway I needed to play it. I got it in February 1997. The rest is history. Got my blue moon rune in January 2005 and doin research on a soul eater tattoo. The greatest games ever. Especially the music in S1. Village of the Elves. Greatest suikoden song.
BamaToon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: How did Suikoden come into your life? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember what year it was (1998 or 1999, maybe), but I was in college at the time (which should tell you how old I am now). Being the gamer freak that I am, I had made my monthly trip to Gamestop (or it might have even been EB games back then, I don't remember) and saw the strategy guide for Suikoden II. I had never heard of the game or the series, but as I'm always on the lookout for a good RPG (one of my favorite genres of video games), I picked up the guide and started flipping through it. I was so impressed by the screenshots and brief snippets that I read about the game (while not trying to read too much and spoil the story in case I were to buy it) that I walked out with both the guide and the game.

Once I got home and fired up S2, I learned about the import feature from S1. Since that sounded cool as hell at the time, I went back to the game store and found S1 and bought it the next day.

I've picked up each game as they come out, but the only one I've managed to finish was S4. It was so short that I burned through it one weekend years ago when I was sick and couldn't do anything else anyway. I took S4 back to the game store after I finished it and got a store credit and have not repurchased it since. I may do it one day just to complete the collection, but I have little interest in replaying that game. It started out promising, with a story of pirates and island kingdoms (and I love pirates and island settings), but I ended up being disappointed in the story overall.

I've never actually managed to finish a complete game of S1- S3 or S5. The many times I have started, something always comes up midway through that prevents me from finishing: boredom, work, real life responsibilities, etc. It sucks being an adult gamer with ADD sometimes...

(How's that for a first post?) :mrgreen:
Todd-The-Wraith

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Randomly came across a copy of Suikoden 1 in the pre-owned bin in E.B. one day in 1998 and being a huge RPG fan decided it give it a go, suffice to say I became addicted and Suikoden is the best series every created! Bought Suikoden II the day it came out then was gutted when III didnt get a U.K release, got IV the day it was released also, despite the numerous delays where I would go into GAME every friday and ask the (somewhat clueless) assistant that I had pre-ordered Suikoden 4 to which they looked at me as if id grown another head,then repeat back suikoden?? whats that?? I also finally got my hands on Suikoden III by getting a NTSC PS2 and copy of the game, then getting V on NTSC aswell
Even have Tactics and Teirkris
Sadly thought doesnt look like Suikoden VI will ever be made
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My mother randomly picked up the first game as a Christmas present. It was amongst my first two Playstation games, the other being Theme Park which I also still own.
juniejabez

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: How did Suikoden come into your life? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game first came to my life when i just went to a game shop and played it. It was at first just a pass time. then because of the story i was hooked.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flare, you have the most awesome mom ever!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
stardragonsword

4560 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My ex boyfriend got me into it,he said to me in class once "I think you'd like it." I played it and fell in love. Then I had to play the second and that obsession got worse. By the time I got into the games though they were hard to find and I had to order the second one through a friend online. The first game I got extremely lucky and found it in a gamestop in a random used case. For real,it was like finding a needle in a haystack.
I didn't even own a ps2 before I bought the third and fourth games....then once I did,I got the rest of them. Really...getting all of the games,including tierkreis,was like finding all of the stars,it was an adventure but well worth it.
If only my ex knew what he started hahaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: