Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

026 - M.I.A.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: 026 - M.I.A. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:3rvhniya]"We've got to go."[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Hmm?" Glenn glanced over his shoulder to see Kevin throwing on a suit jacket in a hurry. The two were in a rather upscale lounge towards the top of a ritzy Johannesburg hotel. The owner happened to recognize them earlier that day in the arena and invited them to a late night dinner on the house; "Celebrities are always good for business." Glenn certainly didn't consider himself a celebrity, but he saw no need to turn down the offer. The owner was probably getting a kick out of telling all of his customers that Freedom Fighters frequented his joint.[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Agent Perry just called me," Kevin explained. "Alex and Marcus were both separately attacked. They're fine, but I guess it was a professional job. Gades is coming to pick us up; Perry wants us in the air until he can determine whether the assassins are targeting Freedom Fighters in general or only the Lizar family."[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Never a dull moment..." Glenn sighed, rising from his chair and walking towards the exit.[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Excuse me, where are your stairs?" Kevin awkwardly asked a well-dressed bouncer under the exit sign.[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Looking for some exercise Mr. Macian?" the man chuckled. "Safety codes aren't quite the same around here as in America." He pointed towards the elevator. "The staircase doesn't run all the way to the top. If you get off at level 20 you can walk from there."[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]Kevin shrugged and the two got in, pressing L for lobby. "Think that was overly cautious?"[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"No one's going to be pulling any James Bond stunts to get at small fries like us," Glenn responded, "but I prefer stairs even when I don't think there might be someone trying to kill me."[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Hah, yeah..." Kevin looked up as the numbers slowly declared their descent. "Elevator abductions only ever happen in the movies."[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]The elevator slammed to a halt mid-way between the sixth and fifth floors, knocking both of them off their feet.[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"You've got to be shitting me," Kevin said as he sprang back up.[/p:3rvhniya]
[p:3rvhniya]"Famous last words for a Darwin award." Glenn reached up for the emergency button, but it didn't really matter. The lights flickered out, something came crashing through the ceiling, and he didn't remember much after that.[/p:3rvhniya]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: