Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Chopping back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Chopping back Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Howdy boys and girls. After seeing activity die down around here (which was my goal), I'm going on to the next plan-- which is to reduce the seize of resources I use to run this site. Currently I use something close to a dedicated server to run this site, which is clearly overkill at this point. I'll be significantly cutting back because the amount of strain this site puts on the server we're on has gone down by about 10000%. You shouldn't notice any change in performance unless Konami suddenly decides to announce Suikoden 6, which would really hinder my plans. I'm pretty damn sure I jinxed myself there.
Rakutei

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those of us who pretty much only turned up recently, what was the first parts of the plan, and where is all of this leading?
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vex said the goal is to reduce the activity around here, and that has been achieved well indeed. Several years ago, around 2005 to 2007, Suikox was a very active place. A large part of the activity was due to a nation system and a war game that Vex implemented around here. You can still see the old war game results in the subforums of the Budehuc Castle section.

Then, it came to the point that Vex cannot run the whole game anymore primarily for personal reasons and because it has developed into such a grand system that was beyond what it was originally planned to be - a mere forum game he wanted to run for leisure. So Vex decided to do what I think is the first part of the 'plan'; he ended the war game and along with it came the end of much of the activity around here. Now, since this site receives very few hits nowadays (as compared to the hundreds of hits it receives per day back then), he can now downsize on the amount of resources dedicated to this site.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I hope you did in fact jinx yourself. News of Suikoden 6 right about now would be exciting. No use spending resources on something that doesn't need them.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even the release of Suikoden VI would probably not be enough to restore the dying fanbase to begin with.

Tierkreis didn't contribute much, for one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: