Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

017 - The Unforgiven

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: 017 - The Unforgiven Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:2le58cw6]Meanwhile in New Belexes, another battle was heating up, albeit a battle of words rather than fists.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"I've already made my decision," empress Silf Lune-Belexes said to a middle-aged white-haired Mystic in a regal uniform. "And I refuse."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"You are making a huge mistake," the man replied. "If we do not expand now we will leave ourselves vulnerable."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Vulnerable to what, general?" the empress asked. "There are only humans on our borders and we have no quarrel with them."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"For now," the general replied. "But that will not last forever! Do you honestly believe that our stance of neutrality with the humans will hold in these times? Need I remind you that Ohio accused us of collaborating with One Nation one year ago?"[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]Silf flashed the general a stern look. "The UN and the humans in general have bent over backwards to allow us the freedom to found our own nation here. What you ask me to approve would be seen as an act of aggression."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Then what are we supposed to do?" the general asked. "Do we stand around with our thumbs up our asses while waiting for a threat to the Mystic race? I am thinking only with my peoples' safety in mind, your excellency. If we do not expand our army now, it may be too late when the time comes to defend ourselves. And with Ganymede's new restrictions on arcane magic training and mobilizing a strong military becomes even more imperative. I have no quarrel with the humans, your excellency, but I would not be so complacent as to assume they will not harm us. Humans fear magic and all those associated with it, and all it takes is one man like Dr. Righteous to ruin everything you've worked so hard to build."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]Silf thought for a moment. The man did have a point. While the Mystics were protected by the UN, common humans in general tended to avoid them, and many humans were very quick to listen to the anti-Mystic propaganda that Dr. Righteous spewed forth. Still, many Mystics were happy to live peaceful lives in New Belexes, and building a larger army would distress not only humans, but Mystics as well.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"My answer is still no, general," Silf finally said.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]The general closed his eyes and nodded slowly. "Your will is the will of the Mystics, your excellency," he said in a reverent tone. "But remember that your actions must still be approved by the senate, and there are many senators who feel as I do."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]Silf nodded quietly, and the general took his leave of the empress. She wasn't too concerned about the general getting any support, however. He wasn't exactly the most well loved of Mystics. As she thought about his words her phone rang (after the dissolution of the UPCA, Michael Wight asked Silf to allow a cellphone network to operate within New Belexes, which Silf agreed to). She noticed the caller as Anwyn and answered the phone. "Hey."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Hey," Anwyn replied on the other end. "You don't sound well."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"I just got through talking with General Deimos," Silf replied.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Still trying to get that okay to expand the military?" Anwyn asked.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Yes," Silf replied. "Sometimes I think he'd rather his uncle be the emperor." She knew Aerjin Deimos better than that, however. Aerjin was only a lieutenant when he served under his uncle Soljin, and his loyalty to Soljin lasted only until Soljin went mad with the Mobius Bracelet and sacrificed hundreds of thousands of Mystics in the name of the firelord. Many of Soljin's first victims were his own family, and although Aerjin escaped from Soljin's madness, his mother, father, and wife did not. Because of his last name, Aerjin remained a very unpopular person in New Belexes--guilt by association was not merely a human concept--but nonetheless, he proved to be a very effective leader of the Mystic military, even if his world views contrasted sharply to Silf's.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Just try not to worry about him too much," Anwyn said. "Oh yeah, I found out what that mana spike is. It's not Khali."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Really?" Silf asked, somewhat surprised that anything else could produce that much arcane energy. "What is it?"[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"It's a bunch of aliens," Anwyn replied. "They're called the Q'orren. I don't know much about them other than they say they've come 'to help'."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Aliens, huh?" Silf mused. "Well that's interesting."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Bad news is there appear to be more coming," Anwyn added. "We've done a good job to hide these arcane spikes from our people, but I really don't think it'll last."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"I just hope they're as friendly as they say they are," Silf said, almost wishing she'd given in to Aerjin's demands, just in case they proved to be hostile. Even so, she couldn't do that. Not without good reason.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"You and me both," Anwyn replied. "From what I understand they've got magitechnology. Something we haven't been able to perfect in over a hundred years. If I can get them to aid us, we might be able to get that magi reactor project back up and running again."[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"And if they've come for a fight?" Silf asked.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Then we're in big trouble," Anwyn replied.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]*****[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]Back in Johannesburg, a young white haired man with dark skin went back to the locker room. HIs presence in the tournament was probably the equivalent of stirring up a hornet's nest, but it was only here that he could truly find what he wanted for years. None of the Freedom Fighters or their associates approached him. Not yet anyway. Which was just as well. He didn't want any unnecessary confrontation, and what he had done long ago remained a touchy subject even today. Andrew forgave him, but not everyone did.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]He thought back to his last match, against a pyrokinetic who was so far in over his head it wasn't even funny. He defeated the man in less than a minute, and earned a ticket to the second round. Too easy, he thought to himself. It certainly wouldn't stay that way if he was to get all the way to the finals.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]He looked at his weapon, a pitch black sword that was unmistakable to anyone who had viewed it. It was the sword that had resulted in the death of his father. Ever since that day, he had thought of a way to atone for the death of one of the greatest men the world had ever known.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]The death of Midnight.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]"Your next match is in ten minutes, Mr. Jun," a representative said to him.[/p:2le58cw6]
[p:2le58cw6]Jun nodded slowly, then took the sword Ragnarok and put it in the harness on his back. Perhaps the second round would give him more of what he wanted.[/p:2le58cw6]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: