Suikoden United and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

014 - Fear and Doubt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
laserkid

25414 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: 014 - Fear and Doubt Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few hours had passed since Andrew’s meeting with Anwyn, and he was now sitting at his makeshift desk in the Johannesburg branch office of the New UN. Due to Akigiyama influence in the area, it was a very small office, which was mainly used during tournaments due to relaxed tensions between the two organizations during them.

It didn’t take Quinten Kaiser to realize that the disc Andrew had bartered the information on the Reynolds Assassination with was a complete fake. He had tried to lay claim to Andrew that he had blackmailed him, but it never went beyond internal conversations, due to Andrew pointing out that while the disc was a fabrication, if the information on it wasn’t near true then it would not have been scary to Kaiser. This had quieted some of the tension, but the two organizations continued to be at odds, with the New UN constantly investigating Akigiyama, and Akigiyama constantly pulling resources away from the New UN in retaliation.

It was a cold war of sorts where each side would give and take to try to make it’s own point, but due to the state of the world, both organizations were needed to exist for people to survive.

While Akigiyama’s Weapons Research & Development branch was not many people’s favorites, their energy production was a near necessity to the few major cities that were thriving these days, and to the frontier, having an Akigiyama generator made things much easier.

That all said, before the New UN, the Akigiyama had much of a mafia like grasp, especially in the frontier areas, with the corrupt and often ineffectual UCPA turning a mostly blind eye towards them, leading to a dark period where power generators were powered by a captive live Mystic. The new UN had put a stop to that for the most part, although rumors of Mystic Batteries still within Neo Pandemonium point to some still existing. Regardless, in the open the newer power generators were both better on rights issues, and had proven to also be more reliable – though less long lasting. The power didn’t go out as often, but parts needed replacing more often, since the source was no longer a living being.

Andrew took a sip from a cup of hot tea as he thought over recent events, Akigiyama, the Q’orren, and the Tournament. In his right hand, Andrew held a small comm. device – still unable to get a response.

“Damn it, where are you father, Kenji… I could really use your advice right now.” Andrew sighed, “I don’t know the first thing about how to react to these Q’orren.” He said leaning his head against his desk.

“I’m supposed to be a great hero, and a leader, that’s what everyone thinks of me, but more often then not, I don’t know what to do, and this is definitely one of those times.” Andrew whispered to himself.

Andrew shook his head, now was not a time for doubts, he stood up firmly, “I guess I’ll just have to wing it.” He smiled, walking out of his office, heading to the Tournament Grounds.

There wasn’t anything else he could do until these Q’orren arrived, and while he had been removed from the tournament due to his actions after their announcement, his son was still entered.

“If all I can do right now is be a good father, then that’s what I’ll do!” Andrew said triumphantly as he formed into pure light, travelling to the tournament grounds.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: