Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

011 - Round Two

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: 011 - Round Two Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:3nt554wg]'Unique' victories always earned either instant fame or derision, and Clive was luckily accepted under the first banner. His first opponent had never even had a chance to move, and the crowd was looking for a repeat performance. "Clive! Clive! Clive! Clive!" the voices went up in monosyllabic unison. The man at the other end of the arena didn't look too excited, not for lack of confidence so much as for lack of any means to assess his enemy. In the first round Clive had never moved.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]Clive began to nod his head back and forth in time with the cheers of the crowd, his eyes only half open, left, right, left, right, Clive, Clive, Clive, Clive... his opponent went flying into the right wall of the arena, then the left, then the right, back and forth at the same tempo. The audience went nuts at the display, and as their rhythmic cheer dispersed into uncoordinated shouts and applause the opponent's body came to rest against one of the corner walls, pummeled unconscious.[/p:3nt554wg]
---------------------------------------

[p:3nt554wg]Clive felt what it was like to be slammed into a wall a few minutes later. An enormous man calling himself Nappa had just flung him into a standing locker, and was charging toward him with visions of a shattered rib cage. Clive couldn't move in time and took the full brunt of the blow. Nappa remained there, scowling down at him, the sweat from his shaved head dripping onto Clive's face. "Now you listen to me kid," he growled. "Word is you and I will be fighting in the third round. Now I don't know what you've been pulling out there to make a mockery of everybody, but I can see you're not so tough." Nappa pushed Clive even harder up against the wall. "You've made a lot of enemies here in Johannesburg. No one likes a cheater."[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]Clive tried not to look worried, he tried to keep his cool, but this guy was intimidating. "Pull out of the tournament now, leave this town, and never come back. If you don't, there'll be a bounty on your head." Clive tried to push himself off the wall, but Nappa had him pinned good, and he wasn't letting up.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Why are you doing that? He didn't hurt you," a child's voice called from behind them.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"A..Alex? Mr. Lizar, haven't you seen this man fight? He's a cheater," Nappa explained. The amount of respect Alex commanded in the locker room was impressive. The thugs all hated him, but the real fighters admired him, and Nappa was a professional, if a hard-headed one.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"I don't think it's fair to pass judgment," Alex said, looking at Clive mashed against the wall. "We all fight with the talents we've been given, and sometimes those gifts only work in the right setting. Just because you're stronger than him in here doesn't mean his abilities in the arena aren't his own. My dad trains me in the desert sometimes because it's a lot harder to control my powers there. Maybe it's hard for Mr. Clive to control his powers in here."[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]Nappa growled, but eased up a little. "Even if his bouts weren't rigged, this scum doesn't belong in the tournament. His methods aren't within regulation."[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"If you feel that way then file an inquiry with the judging panel," Alex suggested. "Don't be a bully."[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Kid, don't let your ideals pull one over on you," Nappa retorted. "Akigiyama run this tournament to make money, and if a gimmick sells they're going to let it pass whether it's within the regs or not." He looked back to Clive and gave him one last shove against the wall before letting go and walking away. Clive slumped down to the ground, clutching his chest.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Thanks kid..." he muttered.[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Are you ok?"[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"I'll be fine." Alex helped him to his feet and the two sat down on a nearby bench. "So you're Andrew Lizar's son, eh?"[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Yeah..." Alex replied. "You have a very interesting fighting style Mr. Clive. How does it work? Is it magic?"[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"Not magic..." Clive replied, "telekinetics. I can manipulate the energy around me. It's great for warding off magic, and maybe abilities like yours too, but when it comes to brute force like with that guy there's not much I can do. That's why having an audience is so important. Their cheers, their enthusiasm, their suspense, I can focus that against my target."[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]"That's really interesting," Alex said sincerely. "Well, I have to go see my mom before my next fight starts, so I'm going to go, but best of luck to you!"[/p:3nt554wg]
[p:3nt554wg]As Alex left the room, Clive sighed. He was here to learn how to better control his own abilities, how to fight without going crazy again... But he was ticking off a lot of people in the process. If Nappa didn't hire a hitman, would someone else? One of his first two opponents? Or maybe someone from his past had already sent an assassin here. He'd taken a risk, choosing to appear publicly at the God of Fight tournament, but at least he'd become acquainted with a Lizarian. He got the feeling today's encounter might just save him in the long run.[/p:3nt554wg]
---------------------------------------

NDR: If anyone wants to follow up about a hitman being after him, feel free to. Clive is new to this chapter, so events surrounding him are pretty open-ended. Also, if anyone else wanted to write a round 1 fight, feel free to. Posts don't necessarily have to be chronological.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: