Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

006 - Code 4 Intrusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
archangelm127

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: 006 - Code 4 Intrusion Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Supervisory Agent Perry was simultaneously relieved and worried.

On the plus side, the Boss (as he thought of Andrew Lizar) had withdrawn from the God of Fight tournament. Keeping him safe in all that mess had been giving the head of the Presidential Security Detail a migraine. In addition to all the other tournament participants, there were thousands of fans for him and his subordinates to watch. And of course the idiot tournament organizers hadn’t thought to set up even the most basic weapon scanners at the stadium entrances. Now that President Lizar was in the NUN’s Johannesburg branch—a very secure building with 3 solid meters of titanium-A plating embedded in its outer walls—Perry could stand a little easier.

On the minus side, Perry didn’t trust these Q’orren one tiny bit. Peace, love, and charity my eye, he thought behind a perfectly blank expression. They want something from us, or I’ll dip my sidearm in mayonnaise and eat it. What that something might be Perry had no clue, but he’d be damned if he let these new aliens harm his alien.

Many people had commented on the absurdity of assigning a unit of bodyguards to Andrew Lizar, and Perry privately admitted that they had a point. However, a silly thing like ‘common sense’ wasn’t going to affect his performance, or that of the agents under his command. He gave his men and women two reasons to take their jobs seriously. Firstly, you never knew when some asshole might get lucky, even against the Boss; they were insurance against that. And secondly, the President was a very busy man. He simply couldn’t be bothered to fight off everyday, garden-variety assassins.

The agents under his command were mostly young and idealistic, and all were highly skilled with weapons, magic, or both. Perry himself favored a .44 Desert Eagle at range and a collapsible quarterstaff for melee combat. The Detail had proven their vigilance and deadliness nearly three dozen times since Andrew took office.

At the moment, Perry was walking into the little break room that the Detail had claimed for their own. He was about to pour himself a cup of beautiful, delicious black coffee when a warning chime sounded in his earpiece.

“Alert! We have a Code 4 Intrusion, ground floor southeast!” a slightly panicked voice called half a second later.

Code 4. Magical infiltration. Joy and rapture. It took powerful magic to pierce even standard NUN security wards, and that meant serious trouble. Perry was already sprinting down the hall, floor plans and data from the building’s magical sensors flashing across the inside of the left lens of his sunglasses. “Calm down,” he told the rookie agent over the comm. “Teams 2, 3, and 5 will sweep. Team 4 secure access points. Team 1 stay with the Boss. ROE 2. Move.” Rules of Engagement 2 was just below shoot-on-sight.

Damn, were the Q’orren trying something already? A dozen different streams of thought sped through Perry’s mind as he bounded up the stairwell like a gazelle. Glancing to his right, he saw the hem of a set of robes as somebody rounded a corner. The agent drew his weapon and followed, barking instructions to his sweep teams.

The robed man turned at the noise as Agent Perry turned the corner, long black hair dancing around his pale face. Perry skidded to a stop, automatically pointing his weapon at the ceiling as his brain registered the intruder as friendly. “We have these wonderful things called doors, Mr. Ganymede,” he snapped, “and this charming little custom called knocking. All agents stand down,” Perry added to his lapel microphone. “I presume you’re here to see the President?”

“I didn’t feel like walking around the building,” Anwyn replied. “Yes, I’m here to see Andrew.”

“The Q’orren have the Mystics concerned too?” Perry asked offhandedly as he led the way downstairs. If they were worried, Perry wondered how he should feel.

“The what now?”

“The Q’orren, Mr. Ganymede. You know, the new aliens that showed up a few hours ago… you didn’t know?”

“No. What’s the deal?”

“The President can answer your questions more fully than I can.” Perry knocked on the door of the conference room that Andrew had commandeered, then stuck his head inside. “Sir. Mr. Ganymede is here to see you.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: