Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

122 - Epilogue - The Prince and the Pauper

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amyral

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: 122 - Epilogue - The Prince and the Pauper Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jet didn't stick around for mission debriefing. Truth is, neither he nor anyone else needed it, they knew everything they had seen and the implications of it. One Nation was now in disarray with Croft's death. The person most likely to take over, Marco Rossini, had died by his hands. More importantly, his weapons had escaped him. But they couldn't hide for long, he now knew that Logan had them. Akigiyama had the best network in the world, if anyone needed to be found, they could do so.

His armor was now off and he was walking to a shower in the lower level of the barracks in Neo-Pandemonium. It had apparently been quite chaotic here as well. Two people had been killed in the unprovoked attack by the Freedom Fighters. The assault on One Nation had been canceled, but it was really too-little-too-late for either army.

The warm water began to wash away the stench that comes from being in a suit of armor for any period of time. He let out a deep sigh of relaxation, no longer anxious about matters of his past. It was all coming together.

"You bastard," Elizabeth said suddenly, standing in the shower doorway. She stamped toward him, stopping at the door of the stall. "Do you have any idea how many nights I couldn't sleep because I was worried about you? How many times I beat myself up because you didn't trust me enough to take a simple fucking piece of advice? Do you? You self-centered ass, I should just..."

"I'm sorry," Jet interrupted, lathering up his hair with shampoo.

"You... you're what?" Elizabeth asked, a little surprised.

"I'm sorry," Jet repeated. "I know you're job is to keep me safe, and I ignored your advice repeatedly. I know you care, but I didn't. I realize now that things could have turned out much better if I had listened to you. From now on I will."

Elizabeth blushed some and nodded. "G-Good... W-Well then, get cleaned up. You're going to rest for a time, we're not currently needed elsewhere."

He nodded his head. "Thank you."

She turned and was about to walk off when she felt a wet hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Jet grinning playfully. She squealed as he pulled her into the shower with him, where they began to celebrate what could best be described as a victory.

Logan never returned to One Nation. He never even made it back to camp. One he realized that he had escaped Jet, he began to walk along the first highway he saw. He walked until his feet hurt, until he was drenched with sweat, until he couldn't walk anymore.

He didn't accept any rides from anyone. He really didn't know who he could trust now. Finding out his childhood role model was working for who he thought was the enemy was bad enough... but now he truly believed he was the enemy.

Everywhere he looked, he thought he saw him. Everywhere it seemed like there were eyes on him. Some nights he clutched the swords to his chest, worried that if he ever let go he'd find them, he'd kill him. Some days, he just wished he didn't have to walk anymore.

He ate whatever he could, drank whenever it came up, and walked away from Ohio. Soon, he lost track of time. The scenery passed him by. Rivers, mountains, forests, and eventually a desert. He never traveled with anyone else, he was too wary too.

One sunrise he found himself staring into a massive scar in the earth. The chasm was layered in orange and yellow sedimentary and a long river ran through the bottom of it from which various animals. He looked over his shoulder. There was no one around.

This would be a good place to stop walking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: