Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kibbutz Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

120 - Epilogue: End of an Era

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: 120 - Epilogue: End of an Era Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[p:2woamykv]Less than an hour after David Holmes' confession, Michael Wight held a press conference. With Holmes' resignation and the resignation of a number of key figures in the UCPA, Wight suddenly became its highest ranking official. What he was about to do was little more than a mere formality at this point. Nonetheless, he needed to let his words be heard, and to reassure the people of not only the former United States, but the rest of the world as well. He sat in the mayor's office of Hamilton's City Hall, which had been his makeshift office during the crisis. His daughters, Blue and Red, were there, standing on either side of him. They were not dressed in their typical black leather attire, but rather in formal clothing more suitable for the occasion.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"We're rolling," the cameraman said. "In five, four, three..."[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]Wight looked straight ahead and began his speech. "Good evening, citizens of the United States, and people all over the world. My name is Michael Andreas Wight. When I first began work for the United Countries Protection Agency, I was its Secretary of State. I currently stand before you as its president, a position that I inherited not more than thirty minutes ago.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"When the UCPA was founded, its purpose was to provide hope, guidance, and aid for struggling nations in the wake of Hunt Vasci Antoire's virus. And for a time, it fulfilled those roles admirably. But at some point the UCPA put the needs of the few ahead of the needs of the many. I am certain you are all very familiar with our involvement with the Global Harmony Movement and its leader, Dr. Righteous. We should have seen Righteous for what he truly was at the time. Instead we listened to his lies, and brought great suffering to not only the felinefolk tribes and the Mystics, but to the rest of the world as well. From that point on, the UCPA should have folded. However, we sought instead to pick up the pieces. It was at this time that I became a part of the organization. As Secretary of State I worked to repair much of the damage done by the UCPA through diplomatic relations with other countries. Even though the New United Nations was formed, and even though the need for our services was waning, we still wanted to help. At least, that was what I believed.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"Instead David Holmes chose to intervene in the war between One Nation and the Republic of Ohio. He offered aid to Ohio, but only if Reynolds would reject any chance of peace between Ohio and One Nation. Samuel Reynolds understood who the real evil was. It was us. David Holmes knew this, and he knew that Reynolds would expose the UCPA's actions to the world. Holmes should have left well enough alone. Instead his actions resulted in the loss of countless lives, the ruin of Ohio, and the deaths of Samuel Reynolds and Clarence Croft. This war should have never taken place. Not because Holmes chose to assassinate Reynolds, but because we should never have intervened.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"Therefore, this shall be my first, last, and only act as president of the UCPA. Effective immediately, the United Countries Protection Agency is dissolved. Our weapons and our base of operations in Antarctica shall be dismantled. In addition, all of the money that the UCPA has made will be donated to the reconstruction of Ohio. I have spoken with President LIzar of the New United Nations, and his agency has agreed to oversee the end of the UCPA. This is an act that should have taken place long ago, and if we were not consumed with our foolish pride, then perhaps all of this could have been avoided.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"Our prayers go out to the families of those who have lost their lives in this tragedy. Amen."[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]Wight nodded to the cameraman, and with that the broadcast ended. Andrew Lizar was standing to the side, off-camera, and nodded to Wight in approval. "Good job," he said.[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]"Thank you," Wight replied. "I haven't done this in such a long time."[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]The two shook hands. "You're a good man, Wight," Andrew said. "If you're still committed to helping people, I've got a position open in my cabinet. Secretary of State. Something you're familiar with."[/p:2woamykv]
[p:2woamykv]Wight smiled. "I would be honored to serve you." He then looked at his two daughters. "But right now I'd like to go back home to Canada. The three of us need a vacation."[/p:2woamykv]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: