Suikoden Unique and Informational Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

114 - Fatal Information (coauthored by JasonPaul)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: 114 - Fatal Information (coauthored by JasonPaul) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shad & JasonPaul

[p:3v79p8zi]The telescreen buzzed for a moment and then Eddie Watts appeared in front of the Freedom Fighter contingent. He looked like he hadn't slept in a day.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Tell me you found something," Marcus said. He, Andrew, Glenn, Kevin, the whole crew were sitting in the makeshift conference room of their temporary Ohio base, slouched on couches and love seats, whatever they could find. Andrew and Glenn had just gotten back a few hours ago.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Watts stared ahead for a moment, his eyes propped open by a hefty dose of caffeine. "Well, it's interesting..." he began. "I found absolutely nothing implicating Akigiyama of illegal activity. That's the downside. But... Akigiyama supposedly aided Ohio in exchange for contracting rights, right?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"That's correct," Marcus confirmed.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"No other conditions?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Not to my knowledge," Andrew said.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"That's what I thought." Watts reached down and pulled out some data sheets. "I ran an analysis on the new Akigiyama equipment Blue confirmed for us. The numbers are pretty close.... Well, one of the Akigiyama files marked "Ohio" was something of a sales receipt. It confirmed the transfer of millions of dollars into Akigiyama's Swiss bank account about a week after Reynolds' assassination. It makes no mention of what the money was for, and it doesn't mention Ohio besides the sorting tag, but it adds up pretty close to the cost of the new equipment they sent over."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"...You mean someone paid for all this?" Marcus asked.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Yes. Now, most of the data on Ohio and One Nation was just financial figures, national production statistics, previous press releases... but some quick math shows that there's no way Karn paid for this. Some other organization, one with a lot of cash, had enough of a vested interest to buy those arms on behalf of Ohio. Considering Karn's agreement, I doubt he even knew about it. The contracting rights seem to just be a side deal, Akigiyama trying to sweeten the load."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"And Reynolds and Wight both verified that David Holmes had made Ohio an offer prior to the assassination.... you don't think..." Andrew was speechless.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Somebody better pay the UCPA a visit. Fast." Watts said what everyone was thinking.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"...I see," Andrew said. "Did you find anything else?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Nothing of real substance. Any information they might have on spies or details on that armor unit you guys fought are a higher classification that didn't make it into our pull. Same goes for the assassin, assuming Akigiyama hired him. Pretty much everything on One Nation was public information, mostly press releases and individual member profiles. I found one more thing on Ohio. It's not much, but it might be a lead. A whole bunch of contact numbers were listed for Ohio, but all of them were added to the database around the time of the arms deal. There was only one that pre-dated Reynolds' assassination. Barbara Mitchell - apparently his personal secretary. She's listed as their diplomatic contact."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"We'll check it out," Andrew said. "You've been a tremendous help. I can't thank you enough."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Heh, you know I love my job. But I'm going to crash. I'll have the phone nearby. Wake me up if you need anything, and keep me posted." Watts waved and cut the connection.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]No one spoke for a bit. "So I guess we're off to Antarctica," Andrew said.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"You mind if we tag along?" spoke another voice, one that Andrew and the others immediately recognized, though it had been so long since they'd heard it. Standing in the doorway of the communications room were a few familiar faces. Blue and Red were there, as was Miwan Kusanagi. Standing in front of them was someone whose return had been long overdue. After a brief moment of shock, Andrew's heart jumped as he rushed to his old friend and hugged him tightly.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Akira!" Andrew shouted, happy to see him. "You're alive!"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Akira lifted his friend off the ground and hugged back. It was uncharacteristic of him, as he wasn't one to easily show his emotions, but Akira had been through hell the last six months, and was happy to be back. "Sorry for running off again."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]As he was set down, Andrew looked at Akira's right wrist. No Mobius Bracelet. "I see you got rid of it," he said. "Where have you been, anyway?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"That's a long story," Akira replied, "and one that will have to wait. We need to come with you to the UPCA headquarters. Wight's being held there."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Akira's eyes widened at this. "Wight? Why!?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Looks like the UPCA found out he was snooping around on them," Miwan said. "They've probably got him held prisoner just in case he found something incriminating."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Damn," Andrew muttered.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"They've definitely got something to hide if they've got Wight held captive," Marcus said.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"I owe a favor to Wight," Akira said. "It was with his help that Miwan was able to find me."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Right," Andrew said. "I'll see if I can get David Holmes to cooperate...and if that fails..."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Akira smirked. "That's where I come in."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Glenn couldn't help but bring up the alternative that kept gnawing at him. "You know, and I don't mean to say it's likely, but I don't think we should completely rule out the possibility that Croft sponsored all of this. Out of character? Maybe. But don't forget, Marcus, Kevin, we really did see Reynolds' assassin in the One Nation base camp long before any of this trouble started, in uniform. Karn's claim that Croft ordered the assassination does have some supporting evidence. Could Croft have armed his own enemy in order to justify fighting them?"[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"I just don't think Croft would do that," Andrew replied. "I don't think 'out of character' is a possibility with that man. He plays by a strict set of rules, no matter how twisted they may be. If the UCPA falls through, that's our next best lead, but we've got to follow up this one first. Regardless of who killed Reynolds, perhaps we can get the UCPA to admit they paid for those weapons. If the One Nation and Ohio soldiers know that they're just pawns... it may be enough of a discouragement to call off this war."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Glenn nodded, and Marcus started calling the shots. "Ok, the UCPA need to know we mean business, so I want everyone we can spare on a plane to Antarctica. Andrew, Glenn, Krivin, you're coming with me. Kevin, you're good at dealing with people. Reynolds' secretary might be really shook up still; I don't know what their relationship was. Pay her a visit, and be nice about it."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"You've got it," Kevin and everyone else nodded.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Serj, will you be alright by yourself?" Marcus asked.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Are you kidding me?" Serj was covered in casts and bandages. "I didn't go through this to not see the grand finale."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]Marcus eyed him like he was crazy, and Serj grinned, standing up unaided. "Oh these, they can probably come off now. I'll go get ready." He walked away, not even limping.[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"Nothing's ever normal about that one." Kevin shrugged.[/p:3v79p8zi]

[p:3v79p8zi]"So Wight's your father?" Krivin said as he spoke to Blue. The group was on their way to the hangar, preparing for their trip to Antarctica. "I didn't see much of a resemblance."[/p:3v79p8zi]
[p:3v79p8zi]"We get that a lot," Blue replied. "We both take after our mother more."[/p:3v79p8zi]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: