Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Karma Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

109 - A Long Awaited Return

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: 109 - A Long Awaited Return Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It had been thirty minutes since Blue and Red were reunited, and the two of them continued on their journey to Columbus on Red's motorcycle. Even Blue had no idea what she would do once they got there, but the goal was to find Akigiyama's involvement in the war. It might not have made a difference once she got there, but until Michael Wight gave her new orders, this was what she intended to do.

"We got company," Red said as she looked in the rear-view mirror. Blue turned around to see a large rig following them and gaining distance.

"How long have they been following us?" Blue asked.

"At least five miles," Red replied. At that moment the rig sounded its horn.

"Are they trying to flag us down?" Blue asked out of curiosity.

"Looks that way," Red answered. "Can you see who it is?"

Blue squinted her eyes, trying to get a good look at the driver, but her nearsightedness prevented her from getting a clear view. "Give me your glasses," Blue said. She didn't wait for Red to take them off, however. She took them off her sister herself (despite Red's protests). "You can see the road without your glasses, can't you?" Blue remarked as she put the glasses on. Although Blue was actually more nearsighted than Red, the glasses helped. Although she couldn't make out the driver's face entirely, the cat ears and scarlet hair were unmistakable. "It's Miwan," Blue said in a state of astonishment.

"What the hell does she want?" Red asked, a hint of bitterness in her voice. She remembered the embarrassment that she and her sister suffered at Miwan's hands.

"Your guess is as good as mine," Blue replied. "But I think she wants us to pull over."

"Might as well," Red said quietly. "She'll just chase us if we don't."

About a minute later, Blue and Red had parked their motorcycle on the side of the road, and Miwan parked her rig behind them. The Kendou champion gave the twins the once over before smiling. "Good thing you two were together," she said. "It saves me the trouble of looking for you individually."

Blue only stared at Miwan with a look of distrust. Red was looking to the side, folding her arms. "Are you here to mock us again?" Red asked disinterestedly.

"What kind of a hello is that?" Miwan asked. She seemed genuinely shocked at the twins' distrust. "I came to pick you up. Michael Wight's orders."

"Yeah, right," Blue replied. "Big Daddy would have contacted us instead of sending you."

"He can't," Miwan said in a somewhat grave tone. "He's in Antarctica...as a prisoner of the UPCA. They found out he was snooping around on them."

Red's eyes widened in shock, but Blue wasn't convinced. "I don't believe it," she said. "You don't know anything about Big Daddy. He wouldn't get himself in that kind of mess."

"I know he's your father," Miwan said quietly. Those words hit both of the twins like a bullet. Red looked away nervously, and Blue closed her eyes as her hands shook with a mixture of uncertainty and anger. Miwan continued, "He told me something only the three of you would know, just in case you didn't believe me."

There was only silence for the next twenty seconds. Red was on the verge of crying. Blue was struggling with a great deal of emotions. That Miwan knew who Michael Wight was to her had only opened old wounds--how she, her sister, and her mother had been taken from her father forcefully by the Kendou; how her mother was put to death; how she suffered at the hands of her peers--before she and Red chose to leave Kendou Island and find their father. "What else did he tell you?" Blue asked.

"He told me your mother was Sun Ren," Miwan quietly added. "I didn't know her personally, but I remember her. I left Kendou Island not long after you two were brought there." Red couldn't take it any more. She dropped to her knees and started crying. Blue remained silent, but it was apparent she was having difficulty controlling her emotions as well. "I'm sorry for mocking you before," Miwan said. "You two really are just like me..."

"Are you planning on getting Wight out of there?" Blue quickly asked. She was quite angry now, though her anger was not directed at Miwan.

Miwan nodded. "That's the plan. I owe Wight a favor. But we've got to make a stop at the Freedom Fighter headquarters first."

"Why?" Blue shouted. "Our father's life may be in danger!"

"They won't kill him," Miwan replied. "The UPCA doesn't work like that. Besides, we need to let Andrew know that Wight's been arrested. And there's one other thing, as well."

"What's that?" Blue asked.

"That would be me," spoke another voice. This voice was quiet and masculine. Another figure stepped out of the rig. He stood at six feet tall. He looked a bit different from how Blue and Red remembered his appearance--his hair was short, and his trademark denim jacket and white shirt were traded in for a sleeveless black shirt--but there was no denying who this man was. As soon as they laid eyes on him, they experienced a feeling only matched by the moment they tried to pick a fight with Miwan back in Cincinnati. Only this feeling was even more overwhelming...

Blue looked in awe, and as she stared at the "God of Destruction", she could only whisper the man's name.

"Kusa...nagi..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: