Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

108 - Damage Control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JasonPaul

66249 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: 108 - Damage Control Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue was by herself, walking down Interstate 71. She had abandoned the Ohio army. She had a mission to accomplish, after all, and fighting as a grunt wasn't going to get it done. She managed to come out of the One Nation attack mostly unscathed. She had a noticeable bruise on her forehead, but otherwise she remained in good condition. Not so the refugees who'd crossed the river. She remembered the whole incident. How it began, and how she managed to survive it. When it was all over, she spoke to her commanding officer, who happened to be the only member of his unit left alive save Blue.

"This was not meant to be a purge or a slaughter of any kind!" the commander said defensively. "I was only acting under Karn's orders!"

"To open fire?" Blue asked angrily.

"To find the spies and disarm the civilians!"

Blue glared at the commander. This not someone who was seasoned in the art of war. In fact, Blue guessed that he had only recently been conscripted into the Ohio army. While Ohio's forces were numerous, none of them, save for Karn Tzimisces himself, had any true military experience. Blue also knew why this man was the only survivor--he fled from the site like a coward.

"You held those civilians under suspicion after they'd crossed the river. They were only looking to feed their families. They've been on edge ever since Reynolds was assassinated! What did you think was going to happen? Did you think they'd just shrug their shoulders or something?"

"Th-this is no way to speak to your commanding officer," the commander nervously replied. Blue simply replied by spitting in his face and leaving the scene.

"Disgusting," Blue muttered to herself as she recalled the incident. She was currently on her way to Columbus. On foot. She knew the fighting had already started, and she didn't care. She knew that by the time she got to Columbus the war may already be over--again, she didn't care. The mission was all that was important at this point, and as such, she couldn't afford taking part in a war that meant nothing to her, outside of her boss wanting to stop it.

She heard the faint sound of an engine. Glancing over her shoulder, she spotted a military-grade motorcycle that looked to belong to One Nation. Let them come, Blue thought to herself. If they wanted to pick a fight, Blue would make sure that it'd be the biggest mistake they'd ever make. She continued her walk down the interstate, showing no further interest in the motorcycle. That all changed once the motorcycle slowed down and rode parallel to her walking.

"Bluzie?"

Blue quickly turned her eyes to the driver. It was her twin sister, Red, still clad in her One Nation unifrom. She practically leaped off her motorcycle and hugged Blue tightly. "Bluzie! It's good to see you again!" Blue wanted to share Red's enthusiasm but couldn't. Red noticed this and asked what was bothering her.

"I'm going to Columbus," Blue said. "To finish the mission."

Red stopped the motorcycle and began following Blue on foot. "But what about what Big Daddy said?" Blue wouldn't budge, however. She pointed out that Wight would have wanted Blue to do this anyway, since there was nothing to gain by taking part in the war. "But why Columbus?" Red asked.

"Big Daddy told me to find some connection with Akigiyama and Ohio. Their weapons are all over the place here, but I'm sure someone from Akigiyama is pulling strings in Columbus. That's why I'm going." At this Red threw herself in front of her older sister, dropping to her hands and knees and prompting Blue to shake her head. "What are you doing?"

"I surrender, O great one!" Red said in a dramatic voice. "As a soldier of One Nation I have no choice but to follow you as your prisoner, for it is the only way that I can enter Columbus to aid you! Please tell Clarence Croft that my failure was in my ability and not my spirit."

"Will you stop that?" Blue shouted in frustration. "We're identical twins! There's no way anyone would fall for that!" Red lowered her head a bit, and Blue sighed and shook her head again. "Come on, I'll look for an Ohio uniform for you."

Red cheered and hugged Blue tightly. This time Blue did smile. She didn't show it outwardly, but she was happy to be with her sister again.

((NDR: I wanted to finish this tonight, but can't. Don't have the energy to write anymore. LK, get with me before you make another post in Pandemonium. Gotta talk with you about stuff.

EDIT: Nevermind.))
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: