Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kriegspiel Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

106 - Engage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: 106 - Engage Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NDR: Ok, in 096 Croft called for a bunch of his troops to cross over the river and approach Ohio from behind. These eastern forces will be the ones fighting Ohio directly, since it occurred to me you can't really have direct combat with a river in the way. >_>
This battle will mark the end of the chapter pretty much. I don't care which way it goes. Amyral, Jason, LK, you guys can do whatever you want with it. It doesn't have to have a decisive resolution. When you've written what you had in mind (I know Amyral had a few plans for the fight) I'm going to conclude the chapter. Freedom Fighters can get involved in the battle if you like (once the Pandemonium thing is wrapped up), but I'm going to request Andrew, Glenn, and Kevin stay out of it so I can use them in the grand finale.

Because I know I've been a bit confusing on this battle side of the story, just note: Where this post ends, Ohio and One Nation are facing off head to head in a suburban area east of Hamilton. One Nation are outnumbered, but Ohio are poorly organized.

---------------------------------------

[p:3ahc1ciu]"Sir, One Nation's eastern contingent is on the move," a soldier reported in Karn's temporary camp.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]"That's no surprise," Karn replied. "What a mess. We have to be in position by daylight. Move everyone you can out of Hamilton. Head directly east. Don't cut south at all. Don't waste your time trying to sort out what happened to start this battle either. Our mistake has given Croft a great advantage, but there's no point in looking back. Get everyone out of range of One Nation's western artillery immediately, and prepare for battle."[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]Karn looked down at his strategic maps, now useless. His entire plan had rested on the assumption that no shots would be fired before his orders. His intelligence had correctly informed him that Croft was waiting for Karn to fire the first shot, but somehow his own men messed it up.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]The Miami river makes a sharp curve in Hamilton, turning west for a few miles before continuing its normally southern course. Karn had chosen this spot in order to tempt Croft into separating his forces. From this position, Croft could attack on land from the southeast and force Ohio's backs up against a river and enemy artillery. The plan, as Karn envisioned it, was to pull all of his forces out of Hamilton at night and engage the eastern troops well out of range of the western ones.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]That might have worked, provided his men could be moved at night in secrecy. Now they were moving with guns blazing, which meant One Nation's eastern forces would not be sitting idle unawares, but approaching towards them, at every minute shortening the gap between Ohio's forces and the river.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]"Sir, might I suggest we disperse our troops and force One Nation into a guerrilla war while there is still time?" an officer asked as they headed out of the room.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]"You've proposed that a dozen times," Karn shook his head no. "Guerrilla warfare usually works, yes, but it devastates the countryside in the process. We are an army. We will win this in a traditional military engagement."[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]As his jeep loaded up to double its capacity, soldiers hopping on the back for a ride to the new front, he really wondered. He'd only tried such a bold strategy in the first place because he didn't think his ragtag force could hold together long enough for a better one. He refused to even humor the notion that they were too disadvantaged to fight at all.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
---------------------------------------

[p:3ahc1ciu]At least half of the transports racing to the eastern front failed to stop at the gathering point, not turning around until approaching One Nation gun fire had riddled them with holes. Daylight was just breaking, the city proper was just barely behind them, and a solid column of One Nation forces were marching their way towards a haphazard beehive of Ohio guards. Karn and his trained officers were rushing back and forth, shouting orders, promoting in a matter of seconds anyone who looked like they knew what they were doing into leadership positions. Soldiers were taking up position in suburban homes, behind trees and cars, whatever they could find. A mess though it was, radio equipment had been distributed. One Nation started running towards them, trying to engage before they could organize. It was all going to hell. "It's now or never. Give the command to fire."[/p:3ahc1ciu]
[p:3ahc1ciu]Within a matter of seconds, bullets were flying, and One Nation soldiers were diving behind anything in sight to return fire. This wasn't some open-field battle, they were in the middle of the suburbs. It was going to be close, and messy.[/p:3ahc1ciu]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Midnight Dawn All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: